Mavster

Reaction score
Hey

I know in previous FMs there were issues with how the half back role worked (or didn't work properly)

Has anyone noticed if the half back role works correctly in fm18?

I think the issue used to be not with the half back itself, but with the fact the other defenders didn't position themself right in conjunction with the half back?

I fancy trying a 2323 formation in fm18 with a half back sitting in front of the defence, but am just wary if it doesn't work right.

Thanks

Can't comment on exactly that issue but I've been using Matic as a half back in one of my formations and he's been really good

Can't comment on exactly that issue but I've been using Matic as a half back in one of my formations and he's been really good

Thanks mate, have you noticed him creating a back three properly? (If you are using two CB), in what way is he performing well, (both defensive and recycling possession well?)

Cheers

Thanks mate, have you noticed him creating a back three properly? (If you are using two CB), in what way is he performing well, (both defensive and recycling possession well?)

Cheers

Can't say I've watched specifically for the back 3 thing tbh mate, it's not my main tactic but one I use to rotate players so they get games!

He does a good amount of tackling and keeps the passes simple, seems to get good match ratings in that role

Cheers

yes HB will do that. I have notice that too. HB is a specialized role so you need to make sure your other mids are set to take advantage of that. but yes it working as intended for fm17 and fm18.

I mostly use Half backs to mark out eighter a OP lone striker or AMC and it works wonders as he will not find any space to exploit.

if i ru na 3cb line i use the central CB or sub on a DM to do it.

If ui run a 2cb line i take out a midfielder or attacker depending on how the game goes and use a DM as HF man mark.