JohnCowell

Reaction score
Greetings,

Half Time Team talks can turn games round but has anyone been able to find out the most effective talk? I'm thinking a sentence has a different effect on each person in team which would make a group "team" talk inefficient. Am I right or is FM2011 not that complex?

John

i tell everyone i have faith in them at half time execpt players who have a really low rating, for those i use i'm dissapointed or just subb em

I do the opposite, I tell the players with really low ratings that I have faith and the ones that are 7+ I declare that I'm pleased with them, works a lot of the time if I'm losing.

I do the opposite, I tell the players with really low ratings that I have faith and the ones that are 7+ I declare that I'm pleased with them, works a lot of the time if I'm losing.

trust me even saying i have faith to a player with 8 can end ot him havin 9.5
i use to do it like that before

Then by your theory, in theory, telling the lower rated players you have faith will have better ramifications overall for the team instead of the individual.. oO) (I had to read this three times before I understood it myself XD)

it all depends on YOUR reputation and if the players like you or find it difficult to play for you etc.... there are a lot of factors that most of us dont understand or use correctly.... we just have a common/general approach, however, if you can see how each player reacts to each comment, you can pick up patterns and use them in future...

however, we all use the same:

1) player rating below 6

Response:
Dissappointed, angry, have faith (depends how cross you get) I feel that angry works with senior players and Have faith works with younger players..

2) player rating below 6.5

Response:
Have faith, prove a point, even dissapointed..
prove a point works the best for me with both senior and younger players...

3) player rating 7 (just above, just below)

Response:
Pleased, dont expect performance to drop

4) player rating above 7.5

Response:
pleased, delighted, have faith, Teamtalk, dont expect performance to drop...
have faith works well when this player is a youngster, as Pateoja mentioned, can get better performance :)