Halp against the big teams!

mitchayo

Reaction score
Can anyone help my 1st tactic is a pretty basics 4-2-2-2 and its working perfect against weak-good teams, but I need a 2nd tactic so the AI doesnt catch onto my tactics and i f ind it really hard against the big teams can anyone suggest a tactic for my Man City against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and United?

;|

im currently managing man city aswell, the tactic you are using sounds good, but when you are playing them away maybe change your mentality to defensive and counter attack on seeing as your playing chelsea they will come at you, and you can just catch them on the CA. another thing that might work is if you get a lead change your time wasting to often that way your team wastes as much time as possible and your passing to short that way you make quick little passes which will tire the opponents out. thats what i did my first game against a big club and it worked. so give it a try and i hope i gave you atleast sometype of idea on what to do:D

im currently managing man city aswell, the tactic you are using sounds good, but when you are playing them away maybe change your mentality to defensive and counter attack on seeing as your playing chelsea they will come at you, and you can just catch them on the CA. another thing that might work is if you get a lead change your time wasting to often that way your team wastes as much time as possible and your passing to short that way you make quick little passes which will tire the opponents out. thats what i did my first game against a big club and it worked. so give it a try and i hope i gave you atleast sometype of idea on what to do:D

thanks mate sounds logical i'll try it out
:D

np man, let me know how it goes:)

thanks its worked perfectly
i've beaten chelsea 4-3 away
2-0 away at everton
away to wigan i played my home tactic and whent 1-0 down then in the second half i played my away tacticnad clawed one back

thanks for the tips mate helped me alot
8-|

good tactic

ive read this forum , cuz i had the same problem , since ive had it ive played plenty of seasons and all ways found it hard to beat top 4,

iam newcastle got a good board take over so good some good signings in , and came up against chelsea away,

after 5 mins i was 1 -0 down due to n'zogbia poor marking

but on 20 min defoe (my new signing) got 1 back

and then threw out the game i just frustrated them and got a 1-1 draw which i think any newcastle mananger in 1st would take ,

p.s havent played arsenal yet , they are the ones i find it really hard to beat or even draw

but this is a good start

Obviously doesnt work for me lost 3-0 to chelsea and im man city

y doesnt enyfin work for me?? So annoying

Last edited:
same here, have most of possesion have lots of chances but cant score, inconsitent here

Like just had a game now totally dominated yet didnt win had like 16 shots 11 off target and 5 on. you would expect to win having that many chances but just really finding it hard to score!

Thats the same with me dominate and miss every shot and the opposition score all the shots lol

steaua bucharests tactic helped a bit better;) ( when playing against higher teams use defensive and use counter-attack ).

On training schedules for strikers im going to put more on shooting aswell that should help.
Im doing bad now

Last edited:
yah even i have trouble scoring...like i score 2.3 goals a game...but i have like 17 shots during the game, and also i have like 58% possesion:(