Reaction score
View attachment 330719

Welcome to the thread of my local team Hamilton Academical(The Accies).Here is a brief introduction to the club for those who are unfamiliar with the team and the history etc...

Hamilton Academical,often known as The Accies, are a Scottish football club from Hamilton in South Lanarkshire who currently compete in the Scottish Premiership. They were established in 1874 from the school football team at Hamilton Academy and remain the only professional club in British football to have came from a school team.
In the 1970s, Hamilton briefly resigned from the league due to mounting debts. In 1994 the club sold its home ground, Douglas Park Stadium, to Sainsbury's supermarket, and subsequently ground-shared in Coatbridge and Glasgow for seven years. During this period the club went through financial hardships and unpaid players went on strikeAs a result, Hamilton was unable to fulfil its fixtures during the 1999–2000 season and was docked 15 points, the eventual result of which was relegation to the Third DivisionThe club moved into its New Douglas Park stadium in 2001

In 2008, for the first time in 20 years, Accies gained promotion to the top division of Scottish football, the Scottish Premier League. In the 2009/10 season, a 3–0 victory against Kilmarnock on 17 April 2010 secured a third straight season in Scotland's top flight, with four games remaining.

The Accies' stay in the SPL ended in the 2010/11 season, when they were relegated after a 1–0 defeat away to St JohnstoneDespite their relegation, Hamilton's time in the top flight was most notable for their emphasis on youth including midfielders James Mccarthy and James Mcarthur, both of whom went on to play for Wigan Athletic in the English Premier League before gaining international recognition.

View attachment 330709
The club play their fixtures at New Douglas Park pictured above,which was opened in 2001. The pitch is an artificial surface, one of two in the Scottish Premiership alongside Kilmarnock. The stadium has an overall capacity of 6,078 and is composed of two permanent and one temporary stand.

My Aim is to ensure some stability to the squad also to ensure the clubs place in the SPFL,although rated as the whipping boys i can assure you this will be a tough save to avoid relegation.

Hope you enjoy the thread and you guys can follow me on this adventure.

TACTIC
View attachment 330700 View attachment 330699
This is the tactic that i have designed personally in mind with how i think the season will go.A back four with two holding midfielders,complete midfielder,two attacking wingers,and a false nine.Again this is a brand new tactic which i have done so it is untested and should be interesting to see how it goes.Fair bit of strength needed in a few posistions so will update you guys with that at the end of the transfer window.

PRE SEASON TOUR TO IRELAND

View attachment 330698

Hopefully get a few decent results on this tour as well as getting the fitness levels up to a good standard.

END OF PRE SEASON

Overall it was a pretty decent pre-season that has left us in good shape for the new season ahead,went on a 4 match tour of Ireland with some pretty impressive performances,then come back to New Douglas Park against QPR to be gubbed 5-1.Saying that they played their 1st team so i can have no complaints.

View attachment 330645

TRANSFER HISTORY

Got a few decent transfers in the door,not much to shout about really just a little squad depth here and there,although Djemba-Djemba has done great in pre season for me so far.Not any transfer/wage budget left so hoping to get a few young loans in from somewhere with little or no wage contribution.

View attachment 330644

Season starts proper in 8days time with a league cup game against Elgin so lets hope that goes well.