mickiac

Reaction score
Hi guys, welcome to my first story "Hammered to Heroes" the Michael Houston story. This story contains; on and off the pitch battles, twists and turns, controversy and triumph. Tell me what you like and what you don't like about it and I will change it to suit the readers. Suggestions are welcome as well :wub:

"Oh my God. He's dead!...."

images

"Just in West Ham manager Avram Grant has died of a long-term throat cancer.
Grant, 55, was found by his wife Tzufit, 46, this morning. The West Ham board have asked Grant's staff if any of them would consider taking the job. Tony Carr, Zeljko Petrovic, Jimmy Hampson and Kevin Keen dismissed reports that they wanted the job. This left only 3 people Paul Groves, Peter Drake and Michael Houston. This is their reports:

Paul Groves - Was assistant manager at Stafford, Coach at Portsmouth for 4 years and has been at West Ham for 3 years as the First Team Coach. Experienced, but has only managed two games: Odds 5/1

Peter Drake - Has only been a Youth Coach at West Ham for 3 years and has no managing experience: Odds 30/1

Michael Houston - The 25 year old has only been a Youth Coach for a year but has led the West Ham U17's and U18's to cup glory last year. Has managing experience, but only with people younger than him: Odds 12/1

So as you can see Paul Groves is the favourite to become the caretaker manager and West Ham are to replace the caretaker manager at the end of September and a couple of favourites for the permanent job are Darren Ferguson and fans favourite Paolo Di Canio.

PHONE CALL~~~

Michael Houston: Hello?

David Sullivan: Hi Michael it's David, me and the rest of the board have narrowed the caretaker job between you and Paul Groves, and after a lot of consideration we think you would be more suitable to the job.

MH: Really?! Why me?

DS: You're around their age and we think your the pinch of salt that they need to revitalise the team.

MH: Woah. Thanks! You will not regret this! Bye!

DS: Cya Later Mate.

PHONE CALL ENDS~~~

DS: At least I hope I don't regret this...

images

Just In! Michael Houston has been named as West Ham caretaker manager after the death of Avram Grant.
We go to the press conference at Upton Park:

Georgie Thompson, Sky Sports News: Well Michael, last week you were telling teenagers who was in the team, now you're ordering about people who are older than you. Did you expect this job and are you anxious about handling people of your senior?

MH: Well yeah I'm surprised I got the job especially seeing how I've not even hit 30 yet, but I'm sure David Sullivan has made the right decision and I am a little anxious, but I did see them a couple of days a week anyway so at least I won't be total strangers to them.

Jake Humphrey, BBC Sport: You have been given £800K for a transfer budget. Is this enough and what parts will you strengthen in your squad?

MH: I feel it's not enough for me to make an impact, however I know how tight the team's money is. I will sell a couple of players that are just fringe players to me and hopefully I will be able to get some free transfers. I will try for a back-up goalkeeper, a striker, a left and right back and a centre back.

Bryce Lever, ITV Sport: Finally Michael, you have pre-season friendlies against your Reserve team, Hartlepool, Annan Athletic, Tranmere, Norwich and Portadown before an opening match against Liverpool at Anfield. How do you plan to get the team ready for the match?

MH: Simply trial everyone, see who are my star performers, and I will get them into the right shape of mind for the first match of the season.

The Press Conference Is Now Closed

Next Time.. All Of Pre-Season!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Please post your suggestions.

You've followed mine so I'll follow yours :) Good start so far, and a good choice in West Ham. It's a shame how bad they've been doing recently, I firmly believe they have enough quality to be mid-table, but the results just aren't going right for them. Back to the story though, I feel you should have a specific layout as the current one seems a bit inconsistent. Other than that, good luck! You may need it!

West Ham Pre-Season

Transfer Update
IN:
Jay DeMerit - Free Transfer
images

Michael Ball - Free Transfer
images

Olivier Kapo - Free Transfer
images

Aurimas Vilkaitis - 55K Lazio
Liam Rosenior - Free Transfer
images

Peter Luccin - Free Transfer
images

OUT:
Manuel Da Costa 3M Birmingham
James Tomkins Loan Bolton
Junior Stanislas 2.9M Aston Villa
Luis Boa Morte Loan PSV

Verdict: I was happy with what I brought in so far (Especially Ball and Luccin) and I was happy to get 3M for Da Costa.

West Ham 3-0 West Ham Reserves

images

West Ham cruised in their first friendly over the Reserves. Victor Obinna opened the scoring, Pablo Barrera doubled their lead just before half time, and George Moncur unfortunately scored into his own net. The match also seen Junior Stanislas being sent off for the reserves and a horrible injury to Victor Obinna.

Verdict: Confident win and Obinna will be terribly missed.

Hartlepool 0-2 West Ham
images

West Ham slipped away from Victoria Park with a 2-0 win over Hartlepool. Benni McCarthy struck the first goal before Junior Stanislas headed the second to put his redcard against the first team behind him.

Verdict: Another confident win but I would have liked a bigger goal margin over Hartlepool.

Annan Athletic 1-7 West Ham
images

West Ham were in total domination as they flattened Annan 7-1 as new boy Thomas Hitzlsperger scored a brace. Julien Faubert got The Hammers off to a flying start in the second minute with an extraordinary free kick. Luis Boa Morte was then brought down in the box and Hitzlsperger made it two. Olivier Kapo then tapped in a third before youngster Robert Hall scored a fourth. Christian Montano eased a fifth goal minutes before Peter Watson scored a consolation goal for Annan. West Ham didn't stop there however as Jay DeMerit headed a sixth and Hitzlsperger rounded off the match with a screamer to make it seven goals to one.

Verdict: I couldn't be happier. Even though we were expected to beat Annan, no one expected this score! It shows I have many options for my front two.

Tranmere 1-0 West Ham

images

West Ham were stunned as they were defeated by Tranmere Rovers. Rocky Siberie scored the only goal of the game as Tranmere held on. West Ham had numerous shots, but could only hit one on target in a poor game for them. To round off a bad night, Mark Noble was sent off as West Ham looked so under confident.

Verdict: Terrible game for us. Lucky it was a friendly. It showed that I needed players in and quick.

Norwich 2-2 West Ham
images

Simeon Jackson was Man Of The Match as Norwich drew with West Ham at Carrow Road. Jackson shocked the Hammers in the 16th minute to head home the opener. Elliot Ward accidently scored into his own net to give West Ham an equaliser before Benni McCarthy put The Irons in front. Jackson popped up again to score the equaliser and humiliate the Premiership side.

Verdict: We were poor once again. We were lucky to get a draw there and Norwich deserved more.

West Ham 5-0 Portadown
images

West Ham reassured the fans with an impressive 5-0 win over Portadown after two worrying friendlies. Olivier Kapo will have wished he had finished the penalty he was giving in the 10th minute. Unfortunately it almost went into orbit. Carlton Cole opened the scoring before adding his second before half time. Herita Illunga was sent off for a malicious tackle, then moments later Frederic Piquionne made it three on the stroke of half time. Mark Noble made it four before Peter Luccin rounded off an impressive 5-0 win with a chip over the keeper.

Verdict: Seeing how we had 30 shots and Portadown had one I am very impressed with my team! Well done lads.

Next.... Premier League Starts!

Last edited:
Looks great mate! However, I'd make the font size smaller and perhaps cut down the use of capitals (;

August and September 2010

My end of the season expectations are to finish in the top half of the table.

Transfers

West Ham used the rest of their transfer budget on two promising signings. Saudi Arabian Al-Qahtani and Nigerian goalkeeper Enyeama only cost just over 3M together.
In

Vincent Enyeama 325K Hapoel Tel-Aviv
images

Yaser Al-Qahtani 2.9M Al-Hilal
images

OUT

Fred Sears Loan Hull
Jordan Spence Loan Barnsley
Anthony Edgar Loan Crawley

Verdict: I brought in two fantastic players just in time for the start of the season. I also loaned out Jordan Spence which will give him experience.

Liverpool 2-2 West Ham

images

West Ham will be glad to just get a point as Liverpool couldn't get through West Ham's defence.
Yaser Al-Qahtani opened the scoring within only 2 minutes of the season on his debut. However their lead only lasted 4 minutes when Fernando Torres struck a volley past Rob Green. West Ham again went back in front after Frederic Piquionne made it 2-1. It stayed this score until the 60th minute where Jonny Spector made a mistake to allow Torres his second and the game finished 2-2.

MoM: Torres
West MoM: Piquionne

Verdict: Seeing how we were at Anfield and our team hasn't gelled yet a draw was a good result.

West Ham 2-1 Tottenham

images

West Ham fans were jubilant after defeating their London rivals at Upton Park. Carlton Cole scored within 4 minutes to open the scoring. Matthew Upson was then sent off after injuring Tom Huddlestone, and on the stroke of half time Mark Noble scored an own goal which he started crying after he done it. Yaser Al-Qahtani then converted a penalty late in the game to send the crowd into an uproar.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Carlton Cole
Verdict: What a game! I'm more than happy to have got the win!

West Ham drawn against Barnsley.

West Ham have been drawn against Barnsley in the League Cup 2nd Round. After hearing this Michael Houston said he would put a younger team out for some experience.

Barnsley 1-1 West Ham (West Ham win 6-5 on penalties)
images

West Ham's younger team had to rely on penalties to put the through to the 3rd round of the League Cup. Youngster Robert Hall opened the scoring at Oakwell before Jeronimo Morales Neumann equalised. No one scored in extra time and the match went to penalties. Doyle made it 1-0, McCarthy then made it 1-1, Jay McEvely made it 2-1 Barnsley, Lars Jacobsen scored his, Steve Foster cooly finished his, then Winston Reid made it 3-3, Neumann made it 4-3, the Spector levelled it up again. Hume came up and scored, as did Gabbidon. But when Adam Hammill missed his penalty, Radoslav Kovac only had to step up and score and he did.

MoM: Jimmy Walker
West Ham MoM: Robert Hall
Verdict: We got through, that is all I care about. Some youngsters got a match and that is also important.

Wigan 0-1 West Ham
images

West Ham only won by a goal to nil at the DW Stadium, butit was nontheless a win. Yaser Al-Qahtani got the only goal of the game and a horrific injury to Frederic Piquionne could see him out for months.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Yaser Al-Qahtani
Verdict: Again another win nontheless. I am serious gutted about the injury to first teamer Piquionne.

West Ham 2-1 Wolves
images

Wolves almost caused an upset as West Ham struggled past the Midlands team at Upton Park. Mark Noble scored a penalty within the first ten minutes after Parker was brought down. Nenad Milijas then pulled back a goal. Christophe Berra was then sent off and with 3 minutes to go Scott Parker scored the winner.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Scott Parker
Verdict: We were poor and Scott saved our necks. We need to buck up our ideas if we want to stay in the top 10.

Kieron Dyer to leave West Ham

Kieron Dyer today wished to leave West Ham after a bust up with manager Michael Houston. The winger is also taking up a massive part of Michael wage budget and is being advised to go. There are rumours that Southampton and Newcastle want him for around 100K and Houston will welcome the offers.

September

Fulham 0-1 West Ham
images

West Ham depended a lot on their super goalie Vincent Enyeama as they scraped another victory against their bitter rivals Fulham at Craven Cottage. The only goal of the game came from the Swiss Magician Valon Behrami in the 23rd minute. Fulham were then awarded a penalty when Herita Illunga brought down Simon Davies. Penalty king Danny Murphy stepped up and missed! Vincent Enyeama pulled off a cracking save to deny Fulham a point. Great day for West Ham as they continue their unbeaten run.

West MoM and MoM: Vincent Enyeama
Verdict: Again we got a bit lucky but this is why I brought in Vincent because he is great player.

Arsenal to play the Hammers in the League Cup

The draw was made and West Ham would make a dreading trip to The Emirates Stadium for the 3rd Round. Despite this, Michael Houston said," We can win this. Nothing is impossible."

Arsenal 0-0 West Ham (West Ham win 8-7 on penalties)
images

West Ham fans were throwing heaps of praise on Michael Houston after the Hammers shockingly beat Arsenal on penalties. Although Arsenal had many shots in 120 minutes, West Ham's goalkeeper was too good as was the defence. Then came penalties.
Fabregas scores! Al-Qahtani scores!
Squillaci scores! Parker scores!
Koscielny scores! Hitzlsperger scores!
M'Bengue scores! Piquionne scores!
Song scores! Kovac scores!
Walcott scores! Ben-Haim scores!
Afobe scores! Rosenior scores!
Jay Emmanuel Thomas misses!
Which left Illunga to step up.... AND SCORE!

West Ham MoM and MoM: Vincent Enyeama
Verdict: I will give credit to all the guys. Not only did they have the fitness to last 120 minutes against Arsenal but they also kept their nerve when it came to penalties. Well done Enyeama as well. You had a finger tip to at least 5 of them penalties.

West Ham 1-1 Aston Villa
images

West Ham will be wondering why they didn't win this game at Upton Park as a superb equaliser from Villa proved not enough. Nothing really happened in the first half but the second half burst into life as Matthew Upson hit the crossbar from an astonishing 45 yards out. Though the first goal came in the 64th minutes hwen Yaser Al-Qahtani skipped past Cuellar and Luke Young before rounding off Brad Friedel. West Ham thought they had the win in the bag, but Ashley Young was set up for a brilliant 20 yard volley and got a point for the Villains.
MoM: Brad Friedel
West Ham MoM: Yaser Al-Qahtani
Verdict: I'm happy with the draw. Aston Villa are very good away from home so thedraw was respectable.

Breaking News!
West Ham will announce if Michael Houston will become full time manager after an impressive run without being beaten so far this season. If he fails to keep the job the likes of Harry Redknapp and Martin O'Neill could take the job. Here is West Ham chairman David Gold and he will announce it now.
"The West Ham manager will still be Michael Houston"
There you go! Michael Houston will stay in charge.

Next Time: October and November coming later today!

Last edited:
you couldnt of picked a nice way for Avram grant to go? haha Ill follow this it seems pretty good

you couldnt of picked a nice way for Avram grant to go? haha Ill follow this it seems pretty good
haha I know. I thought make it different so.. kill um;)

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:39 PM ----------

October/November

Full Time Manager, Full Promises

Michael Houston has promised the fans better results and better than expected perfromances. He said," I think I can overperform with West Ham this year and if we keep this form up we could get a place in Europe"
Bookies ridicule the idea and see the Hammers as a 10/1 long shot to get in the top 7 and 50/1 to win the league. The next match is against Blackpool and Houston will be looking for another win.

Blackpool 1-2 West Ham
Harewood Parker
Al-Qahtani
images

West Ham took another win away from home as they beat Blackpool 2-1 at Bloomfield Road. Blackpool took a shock lead through ex-West Ham man Marlon Harewood. Scott Parker found the equaliser and Yaser Al-Qahtani nodded home the winner.

Verdict: A great comeback from us and our more experienced players really helped us win today.

West Ham 0-0 Blackburn

West Ham were held to a bore draw at Upton Park with no goals in this game.

MoM: Michael Lustig
West Ham MoM: Matthew Upson
Verdict: We should have finished our chances we weren't very good.

Everton 1-0 West Ham
Rodwell

Good story mate, however seems yoru kind of losing interest a little try adding more pictures of the games maybe league tables etc. KIU

October/November

October

Full Time Manager, Full Promises

Michael Houston has promised the fans better results and better than expected perfromances. He said," I think I can overperform with West Ham this year and if we keep this form up we could get a place in Europe"
Bookies ridicule the idea and see the Hammers as a 10/1 long shot to get in the top 7 and 50/1 to win the league. The next match is against Blackpool and Houston will be looking for another win.

Blackpool 1-2 West Ham
Harewood . Parker
. Al-Qahtani
images

West Ham took another win away from home as they beat Blackpool 2-1 at Bloomfield Road. Blackpool took a shock lead through ex-West Ham man Marlon Harewood. Scott Parker found the equaliser and Yaser Al-Qahtani nodded home the winner.

Verdict: A great comeback from us and our more experienced players really helped us win today.

West Ham 0-0 Blackburn
images

West Ham were held to a bore draw at Upton Park with no goals in this game.

MoM: Michael Lustig
West Ham MoM: Matthew Upson
Verdict: We should have finished our chances we weren't very good.

Everton 1-0 West Ham
Rodwell

images

West Ham lost their first match of the league with a less than impressive defeat to Everton at Goodison Park. Jack Rodwell got the only goal of the match with a free kick in the first half.

MoM: Leighton Baines
West Ham MoM: Mark Noble
Verdict: We didn't deserve a point no matter how many fans protest. Everton played well fair play to them.

West Ham drawn with Oldham
West Ham have a trip to Boundary Park where they will play Oldham Athletic in the 4th Round of the League Cup.

Oldham 1-2 West Ham
Feeney . Kapo
. C.Cole

images

West Ham's benchwarmers defeated Oldham in a confident win at Boundary Park. Olivier Kapo opened the scoring with a penalty after Lletget was brought down. Carlton Cole doubled their money with a brilliant half volley. Warren Feeney got a consolation goal for Oldham in the 83rd minute but it wasn't enough and the Hammers cruised into the 5th round.

Verdict: A confident win and the reserve players done me proud. Good job lads.

November

Man City 1-1 West Ham
Silva . C.Cole

images

West Ham held on to another point against Man City at The City of Manchester Stadium. City were down to ten men within 18 minutes after James Milner lost his rag and was sent off. Finally the breakthrough happened just after the first half in the 53rd minute when David Silva scored. The Citizens only held onto their lead for a few minutes when Carlton Cole nodded home the vital equaliser.

MoM: David Silva
West Ham MoM: Valon Behrami
Verdict: It was a good result seeing how we were away from home so that's good.

West Ham 3-1 Newcastle
images

Behrami . Jonas Gutierrez
Al-Qahtani
Hitzlsperger

West Ham came from one nil down to comfortably hammer Newcastle at Upton Park. Jonas left the Hammers shellshocked however after he put Newcastle 1-0 up within 18 seconds. However the Toon only stayed in front for 7 minutes as the Swiss magician Valon Behrami volleyed home the equaliser. Saudi sub Yaser Al-Qahtani put West Ham in the lead before Thomas Hitzlsperger put fans at ease with a third.

Verdict: Great comeback and a very confident win.

West Ham 2-1 Arsenal
Behrami .Fabregas
Al-Qahtani

images

West Ham fans were applauding the players after a glorious comeback today at Upton Park. Cesc Fabregas gave Arsenal a lead just before the break. Then 10 minutes from time Valon Behrami slotted home an equaliser before Yaser Al-Qahtani scored from 20 yards out in the 7th minute of injury time and sent the fans into chants.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Al-Qahtani
Verdict: The team was fantastic and never gave up. This could be the best result of the season.

Bolton 1-2 West Ham
Elmander .Behrami
.Piquionne
images

West Ham eased to a win at The Reebok Stadium, but the injury Tal Ben-Haim took away the celebrations. Valon Behrami nodded home the opener minutes before Piquionne added a second. Ben-Haim was then stretchered off after Greiter Steinsson lunged at him which he was then sent off for. Johan Elmander got the Bolton fans something to smile about in the last minute of the game when he got a consolation goal.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Al-Qahtani
Verdict: Easy win. Happy enough.

West Ham 3-1 West Brom
Cole x2 . . .Brunt
Ondemwingie OG

West Ham continued a confident season with a 3-1 win over West Brom at Upton Park. Carlton Cole headed home the first goal and the second goal came from an embaressing own goal by Peter Ondemwingie. Chris Brunt shook West Ham as he got a consolation goal. However, Carlton Cole wrapped it up for West Ham with a cool finish on the 60th minute. West Ham go up to 3rd.

Verdict: Again another confident win and moving up to 3rd is great.

Chelsea 1-1 West Ham
Malouda . Hitzlsperger
images

West Ham held it together at Stamford Bridge to rescue a point against Chelsea. Hitzlsperger took a shock lead for the Hammers in the second half. This lead lasted only 6 minutes as Florent Malouda responded quickly. West Ham held on for the draw which was another vital point.

MoM: Ashley Cole
West Ham MoM: Hitzlsperger
Verdict: That was a point I didn't expect. Well done to all the players.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

December/ January

December

League Cup Quarter Final Draw

West Ham have been drawn against Sheffield United in the quarter final of the League Cup. This will be a fierce match after the two teams became rivals because of West Ham's illegal players incident which got Sheffield United relegated. Michael Houston simply said, "Bring it".

West Ham 3 Obinna, Behrami, Jacobsen
Sheffield Utd 1 Ward

West Ham cruised through the League Cup Quarter Finals with a confident win over Sheffield Utd. West Ham took the lead through Victor Obinna. Jamie Ward nodded home an equaliser. Then, Valon Behrami put The Irons 2-1 up before half time. Finally Lars Jacobsen finished off the display with a penalty which he converted.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Valon Behrami
Verdict: Easy win over bitter rivals.

West Ham 2 Al-Qahtani, Behrami
Birmingham 1 Bowyer
images

Valon Behrami and Yaser Al-Qahtani lead a comeback against Birmingham at Upton Park today. However, West Ham didn't take the lead. Birmingham's Lee Bowyer (also ex-West Ham player) struck the opener and Birmingham led going in to half time. Though the Hammers kept pushing and found a breakthrough through Behrami's free kick. West Ham took all three points when Al-Qahtani put them in front from six yards out.

Verdict: Great comeback and we are now dominating

West Ham 3 Cole x2, Al-Qahtani
Sunderland 0
images

West Ham controlled and dominated the whole game as they defeated Sunderland at a snowy Upton Park. Carlton Cole put West Ham in front when he was fed through by Noble. He then scored his second in the second half. Yaser Al-Qahtani then finished the hammering off with a cheeky chip.

Verdict: We controlled from start to finish. Brilliant lads.

Dyer gone AWOL?
Kieron dyer was found last night in a pub with marijuana and a "bong". Police picked him up out of the nightclub and he was fined £100K. West Ham are said to have reacted very badly to this.

West Ham 3 Hitzlsperger, Al-Qahtani, Cole
Stoke 2 Sidibe x2
images

West Ham made a dramatic comeback to overcome Stoke. The home side took the lead when Thomas Hitzlsperger's rocket shot went in. It was all level when Mamady Sidibe equalised. The Potters then went in fron when Sidibe scored his second. Al-Qahtani levelled things up again in the second half before Carlton Cole won the match for West Ham ten minutes from time.

MoM: Mamady Sidibe
West Ham MoM: Thomas Hitzlsperger
Verdict: We were lucky we won. Now we're up into second. A win against Man U will take the gap between us to 4 points.

West Ham release Dyer
The West Ham board have decided today that Kieron Dyer must go. The winger has only played once this season and was laready wanted out of the club by Michael Houston. He is now on a free agent.

Man Utd 3 Valencia, Berbatov, Rooney
West Ham 1 Parker
images

West Ham had a boxing day to forget as they were defeated by Man Utd, dropped to third and are now ten points away from their rivals. Scott Parker put West Ham in front in the first half with a nutmeg to the keeper. However, Valencia pulled one back for United on the stroke of half time. Berbatov then sent the crowd wild when he put them in front with 20 minutes to go. Rooney finished off West Ham with a header.

MoM: Renato Agusto
West Ham MoM: Scott Parker
Verdict: We didn't deserve anything in that match. Well done Man U.

West Ham 2 Barrera, Al-Qahtani
Liverpool 1 Maxi Rodriguez
images

West Ham were back on winning terms with a glorious win at Upton Park against Liverpool. Liverpool took the lead when Radoslav Kovac took down Fernando Torres. Maxi Rodriguez then converted the penalty. Barrera then scored a goal that started at his feet in his own half to level things up. West Ham then took the lead when Yaser Al-Qahtani scored a screamer of a goal. Things went bad to worse for Liverpool when young Scot Danny Wilson was sent off.

Verdict: Great win I'm sure the fans will be delighted with it.

January

West Ham Transfers IN
Steffan Iversen - Free
images

Tal Ben-Haim Permanent £1 Portsmouth
Colin Kazim Richards £975K Fenerbache
Kieran Richardson 2.6M Sunderland
images

Robert Brennan £2 Bohemians

OUT
Benni McCarthy 60K Karlsruhe
Frank Nouble Loan Coventry
Carlton Cole 8.25M Man City
Herita Illunga 3.1M Sunderland
Jonny Spector 300K Nurnberg
Julien Faubert Loan Marseille
Olivier Kapo Loan Mainz
Ruud Boffin Loan Porto

My January transfers were just back up and places where i desperately needed people in positions (LB, ST, CB). I was very happy with the permanent deal for Ben Haim and the cheap Kazim Richards. Steffan Iversen was a mistake and I shouldn't have bought him. On the out side, selling Carlton Cole for 8.25M when he was an incosistent player was great. As was getting rid of Herita Illunga. Roll On January!

Tottenham 2 Van Der Vaart, Modric
West Ham 2 Van Der Vaart OG, Al-Qahtani
images

West Ham held on for a draw at White Hart Lane as Rafael Van Der Vaart went from hero to zero in this derby clash. The dutchman opened the scoring when he nodded home a goal from Aaron Lennon's cross. Then confusion in the Tottenham box made Van Der Vaart kicked the ball into his own net. Luka Modric then scored to put Spurs 2-1 up. 7 minutes later Yaser Al-Qahtani equalised and got a point for the Hammers.

MoM: Rafael Van Der Vaart
West Ham MoM: Scott Parker
Verdict: We were OK today... We should have done better though.

West Ham 2 Cole x2
Wigan 0
images

West Ham dominated today against a poor Wigan side. Carlton Cole scored a brace. The first came at 13 minutes when Hugo Rodallega lost the ball and it led up to Cole's tap in. He got his second when Chris Kirkland made a poor clearance right to Cole's feet.
Verdict: Easy win.

West Ham drawn against Premier League side
images

West Ham were drawn against Wigan in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.

West Ham 3 Al-Qahtani x2, Piquionne
Wigan 0
images

There was de ja vu at Upton Park this week as West Ham played Wigan for the second time in a row. However, the game ended 3 goals to nil. Yaser Al-Qahtani opened the scoring close to half time. Frederic Piquionne then doubled the Hammers lead with 8 minutes to go before Al-Qahtani finished the scoring with a header.

MoM: Al-Qahtani
Verdict: Easy cup run.

West Ham drawn against City in League Cup Semi Final

West Ham were given the unluck of the draw when they were given Man City in the cup. The two legs will be played in January.

West Ham 1 Kazim Richards
Man City 1 Milner

images

West Ham will be disappointed with their performance as they failed to take the home advantage tonight. James Milner put City in front 30 seconds before Colin Kazim Richards responded.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Liam Rosenior
Verdict: We were disappointing tonight. Now we need a win in Manchester to get to the final.

Wolves 0
West Ham 1 Obinna

West Ham will count themselves very lucky after they creeped past Wolves at the Molineux. Wolves were given a penalty in the 22nd minute when Rosenior brought down Darius Vassell. Stephen hunt stepped up and Enyeama palmed it away. It was still 0-0 until the 79th minute where Victor Obinna scored the goal that saved The Irons' necks.

Verdict: We got lucky but it was a win that is enough.

West Ham 2 Behrami, Iversen
Fulham 1 Gabbidon OG
images

West Ham bettered their London rivals at Upton Park today. Valon Behrami opened the scoring close to half time. Minutes later Daniel Gabbidon scored an own goal. Finally, the winner cam from veteran Steffan Iversen 20 minutes from time to secure the win.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Thomas Hitzlsperger
verdict: We got the win over a London rival. I'm satisfied

Man City 0
West Ham 1 Luccin
images

West Ham did the unexpectable and defeated Man City on their home turf. Peter Luccin scored the only goal of the game when he played a one-two with Behrami to lob it over the keeper.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Peter Luccin
Verdict: What a win! Great guys you're in the final!

West Ham get easy draw

West Ham were given a home tie to championship strugglers Derby. Houston is expected to play a weaker team against the Rams.

West Ham 2 Piquionne x2
Derby County 0
images

West Ham eased to victory to put their place in the 5th round of the FA Cup at Upton Park. Frederic Piquionne got a brace and Derby man Russell Anderson was sent off. Piquionne scored his first goal from inside the six yard box as there was a muddle in the Derby box. The second came from a long range screamer which was topped off with a brilliant front flip celebration.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Frederic Piquionne
Verdict: Happy just to get the win. 5th round here we come!

Next... February and March

I am following great job so far.The Saudi guy looks great might try to sign him on my game.

Hes really good:) When i left West Ham the next manager let him go on a free transfer and I couldn't buy him because I was Forest Green in the BSS division:p

Your doing beyond good with West Ham at the minute. Not entirely sure of their expectations, media prediction etc .. to start with but i'd imagine it's no where near as good as what you've done. The Saudi player has helped with his fair share of goals also.

great story u got going here, bring the carling cup home for the hammer's fans

SHOULD HAVE KEPT STANISLAS AND SPENCE! Great for my Bolton side and are under 21 internationals!

Cheers guys:D

I had to get money for Stanislas but I kept Spence I only loaned him out;)

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

February

West Ham 2 Hitzlsperger, Al Qahtani
Blackpool 0
images

West Ham left it late to overcome the Seasiders at Upton Park. The opener came late in the game in the 86th minute when Thomas Hitzlsperger headed from close range. The Hammers secured the victory when Yaser Al-Qahtani doubled their lead a minute from time.

Verdict:Easy win and the team were all over Blackpool today.

Aston Villa 1 Petrov
West Ham 2 Parker, Kazim Richards
images

West Ham dominated in a match that they were expected to lose as they overcame Villa at Villa Park. Scott Parker put the visitors 1-0 up within the first 20 minutes. Colin Kazim Richards made it two before half time. Stillyan Petrov got a consolation goal in the last minute for Villa.

Verdict: We played fantastic today and we knew this was going to be a tough match.

Blackburn 1 Pedersen
West Ham 1 Piquionne

Frederic Piquionne saved West Ham a point at Ewood Park in a match were the Irons never looked comfortable. The first half finished goalless and the breakthrough came in the 65th minute when Morten Gamst Pedersen scored from outside the box. Piquionne then tapped in from a corner to salvage a point for the away team.

MoM: Morten Gamst Pedersen
West Ham MoM: Frederic Piquionne
Verdict: We had an off day and I think we'll be happy with a point.

West Ham travel to Saint James Park for FA Cup tie

West Ham will play Newcastle in the 5th round of the FA Cup. The match is scheduled for next week.

Newcastle 0
West Ham 3
Kazim Richards, Piquionne, Harper OG

West Ham's starlets cruised past Newcastle and booked a 6th Round tie as they won 3-0 at St. James' Park. Colin Kazim Richards scored the opener before Frederic Piquionne put West Ham two nil up going into half time. West Ham finished off the rout when Steve Harper scored an Own Goal to finish off miserable Newcastle.

Verdict: We owned in this game. Newcastle should be praising us!

League Cup Final is coming....

West Ham will play Aston Villa in todays League Cup Final. New manager Michael Houston will be looking for the win for his first trophy as he is having a successful season. Villa will be hoping to get revenge for the Hammers winning at Villa Park a couple of weeks ago.

West Ham 4 Kazim Richards x3, Al-Qahtani
Aston Villa 0
images

West Ham fans were jubilant today after hammering Aston Villa in todays League Cup Final. Colin kazim Richards topped the performance with a brilliant hat-trick. He scored his first goal early on and scored a second just before half time. Yaser Al-Qahtani made it three before Kazim Richards rounded off his hat-trick with 3 minutes to go. Michael Houston said that it was a proud moment in his life.

West Ham MoM and MoM: Colin Kazim Richards
Verdict: Best performance of the season. Enjoy your success boys!

March

West Ham 3 Upson, Piquionne x2
Man City 2 Tevez x2
images

Frederic Piquionne made sure that West Ham went home with all three points as his late goal proved a winner. Matthew Upson put West Ham in front with a powerful header. Piquionne put them two up in the 50th minute. Carlos Tevez pulled one back against his old team to make it 2-1. City were then given a penalty ten minutes later when Ben-Haim fouled Adam Johnson. Tevez stepped up and converted it to get the equaliser. Frederic Piquionne however was the hero when he scored a screamer in the 80th minute.

Verdict: What a win! We just defeat Villa in the League Cup Final and then this? Great performance from Frederic once again.

Newcastle 0
West Ham 1
Al-Qahtani
images

West Ham just went home with all three points when they defeated Newcastle by a single goal. Yaser Al-Qahtani scored the only goal of the game minutes before Danny Simpson was sent off for headbutting Scott Parker in the groin.

Verdict: It was nontheless a win so I was happy.

FA Cup draws London rivals

London rivals West Ham and Tottenham have been drawn together in the 6th Round of the FA Cup. The winners will be very jubilant and both teams will want the win.

West Ham 3 Kazim Richards, Al-Qahtani x2
Tottenham 0

West Ham left it late but in the end scored 3 past Spurs in the last 10 minutes at Upton Park. Colin Kazim Richards scored in the 83rd minute to give West Ham a well deserved lead. Yaser Al-Qahtani then scored two goals in the last two minutes to send the home fans into hysterics.

Verdict: What a win! This will be won to remember!

West Ham 1 Hitzlsperger
Everton 0

German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger scored the only goal of the game as West Ham won at Upton Park. Hitzlsperger scored in the first half as it went off the bar and in. This win puts West Ham above Chelsea in the league and moves them into second, 6 points away from Man Utd.

Verdict: Well done lads. Up into second place is great. We can win the league!

Next Time.... The rest of the season!

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:48 PM ----------

April

Arsenal 0
West Ham 0
images

West Ham escaped the Emirates with a point as they drew a stalemate with Arsenal. Arsenal pushed for a winner but they couldn't find the net.

MoM: Thomas Vermalen
West Ham MoM: Robert Green
Verdict: Even though Arsenal were better than us I was happy with a point.

West Ham 2 Al Qahtani, Hitzlsperger
Bolton 1 Davies

West Ham made a comeback to defeat Bolton at Upton Park. Kevin Davies fired the visitors into the lead within the first 5 minutes. West Ham stayed behind until the 58th minute when Yaser Al-Qahtani scored the equaliser. Thomas Hitzlsperger made the home fans cheer when he put them ahead. Gretar Steinsson was then sent off for a second bookable offence in the last 5 minutes.

Verdict: haha. Back to winning ways!

Birmingham 0
West Ham 3
Al-Qahtani x2, Piquionne
images

West Ham cruised to another victory as they hammered Birmingham at St Andrews. West Ham however went down to ten men early in the first half when Lars Jacobsen made a sliding lunge on Liam Ridgewell who was taken off on a stretcher. The Hammers took the lead 5 minutes from the break when Al-Qahtani shimmied through the Brum defence. Frenchman Piquionne doubled their lead on the brink of half time. Al-Qahtani then completed the scoring in the 63rd minute with a stunning strike.

Verdict: Easy win but disappointed with Lars' challenge.

West Ham to play rivals in FA Cup

West Ham will play their local rivals Arsenal for the fourth time this season as they face off in the FA Cup Semi Final.

Arsenal 0
West Ham 1
Hitzlsperger
images

West Ham fans were jubilant as they defeated Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley. The game was full of bookings and Cesc Fabregas was sent off before the half hour mark for a second bookable offence. Ten minutes later Thomas Hitzlsperger scored the only goal and eventually the winner to put The Irons through to the final.

Verdict: we were great and deserved the win! Wembley win in May perhaps?

West Brom 1 Dorrans
West Ham 1 Piquionne
images

West Ham slipped up against West Ham and only close the gap on Man Utd to 2 points as they drew with West Brom. Graham Dorrans put the home side in front after 8 minutes. Frederic Piquionne then replied in the second half with a header to equalise for the East Londoners.

Verdict: We were slightly disappointing and we could have went level with Man Utd!

West Ham 0
Chelsea 0

images

West Ham were left fustrated as their match at Upton Park finished goalless. The only action in the game was in the last minute when Valon Behrami was involved in a horror tackle that has now sidelined him for 7 to 8 months.

MoM: Ashley Cole
West Ham MoM: Tal Ben-Haim
Verdict: We should have won! We're fortunate that Man Utd drew.

Stoke 0
West Ham 1
Al-Qahtani
images

West Ham went top after Man Utd's defeat to Arsenal with a win at the Britannia Stadium. yaser Al-Qahtani scored the only goal of the game in the 65th minute to give West Ham a well deserved win.

MoM:Ryan Shawcross
West Ham MoM: Yaser Al-Qahtani
Verdict: Yes! Top of the league by a point and two matches to go! We must beat Man Utd in the next game.

May

West Ham 3 Jacobsen, Hitzlsperger, Al-Qahtani
Man Utd 2 Upson OG, Rooney
images

Michael Houston became a hero amongst West Ham fans as he wrapped up the title against title challengers at Upton Park with a game to spare. Lars Jacobsen opened the scoring with a penalty after Matthew Upson was brought down in the box by Nemanja Vidic. Man Utd equalised when a cross deflected off of Matthew Upson's head and into the goal. The Hammers were back in front when Thomas Hutzlsperger's curling freekick hit the back of the net. Prolific goalscorer Wayne Rooney then evened it up once again with a header. Then on the hour mark, Yaser Al-Qahtani volleyed home the winner as the crowd roared with excitement. Their first Premiership win was celebrated after the final whistle as the players couldn't come to terms of what they had achieved. What a story.

Verdict: What a win! Yaser is a legend for getting us the win! I'm fielding a weaker team against Sunderland for the last game.

West Ham play Stoke in FA Cup final

Two teams who will be excited with the match today and will hope they can take home the trophy.

Stoke 0
West Ham 0
(West Ham win 4-2 on penalties)

images

West Ham celebrated a treble as they defeated Stoke City on penalties. The Hammers pushed for the win in normal and extra time, but Sorensen was too good. It all came down to penalties.
Higginbotham scores! Hitzlsperger scores!
Marc Wilson scores! Mark Noble scores!
Klemen Lavric misses! Peter Luccin scores!
Robert Huth misses! PABLO BARRERA SCORES!!!!

West Ham MoM and MoM: Matthew Upson
Verdict: FANTASTIC! I didn't even expect a trophy this year so it's great to get a treble!

Sunderland 7 Konoplyanka x2, Gyan, Bramble, Riveros, Bent, Henderson
West Ham 0

images

West Ham's benchwarmers were humiliated as they were thrashed by Sunderland. Eugene Konoplyanka opened the scoring when he turned Blair Turgott inside out. Asamoah Gyan made it two when George McCartney set him up from a throw in. Titus Bramble then added a third when he got away from his marker, Andrea Zola, to score a diving header. Konoplyanka made it four with a screamer from outside the box. Riveros tapped in a fifth from close range minutes before Darren Bent made it six after Matthew Upson lost the ball. Jordan Henderson piled on the misery for the Hammers with the seventh.

MoM: Eugene Konoplyanka
West Ham MoM: Should be no one but Holmar Eyjolfsson got a 5.8 so he gets it.
Verdict: I will own up as the culprit for being thrashed, but I wished that some players had tried harder. Nevertheless, we won the league and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:45 PM ----------

End of Season view

FA Cup - Expected-4th round Finished-Winners
League Cup - Expected-4th Round Finished-Winners
Premier League - Expected-16th Finished-1st

Best Player - Yaser Al-Qahtani
Worst Player (Must have played 10 matches) - Olivier Kapo
Team of the Year
Enyeama
Jacobsen
Upson
Ben-Haim
Illunga