FM Nutter

Reaction score
From my diary:

As I watch on my TV screen, Wigan vs West Ham. We needed a win to avoid relegation. It has been a disapointing season but I was still optimistic we would stay up. 2-0 up at half time, we was playing well, what could possibly go wrong.

Well alot went wrong in the second half, Wigan pulled it back to 2-2, bad defending cost us dear, then in the 94th minute, heartbreak. Charles N'Zogbia wins the game for Wigan thus sending us down to the Championship. I remember when we first got relegated, it was heartbreak and it was happening again right before my very eyes. I was round my girlfriends house and I remember crying and her saying,

"why are you crying? Its only football".

The typical women I thought to myself, will never understand football from a die hard fans point of view.

Avram Grant got the sack minutes after the Wigan game. We went into the last game of the season at home, playing for pride. We lost 3-0 to Sunderland and our miserable season was complete. Managerless, bottom of the Premier League and to top it all off, Championship football for the first time in 6 years.

This is my story, of how an unknown manager became the manager of a side relegated from the Premier League. The eyes of England was watching and wondering how can this young manager turn things around at West Ham. Was this the start of a new era for West Ham? or would things get worse from here-on out?

Last edited:
As a side expecting to be in the Premier League next season, all the pressure was on me. We are the favorites to get back into the Premier League and with the squad we have got, theres no reason why we shouldn't at the first time of asking. On my way to a board meeting, I was greeted by the media and fans outside the Boleyn. Signing a few autographs, I heard questions behind me,

"How do you feel about taking over as manager of this club?"

"Do you think you can get West Ham back into the top tier of English Football?"

"Have you considered about signing anybody?"

"Where do you see this club in a years time?"

The typical British media, I haven't been in the job a day, yet they are throwing all these questions at me, I brushed them aside and continued to my board meeting with the Owners.

David Gold

"Good Afternoon Sam, I hope you have slept well. Welcome to West Ham United FC. As you can already tell, the media are dying to know everything you feel. Don't let them get to you too much as It could have a huge effect on the coming season. Anyway, down to business, we want to talk to you about the expectations this season".

Me:

"Sure thing, as a big club of this stature, the expectations will be high I can guess"

David Sullivan

"Yes, here at West Ham we don't consider ourselves a Championship side, we have arguably one of the best teams on paper in the Championship and feel we don't deserve to be here. We have employed you as manager because we have every faith in you that you can bring this club back to the Premier League"

DG

"Yes, we expect you to take this team to the top of Championship and win the league. In terms of budgets, we will set you with a tranfer budget of £5m with a wage budget of £550k p/w. We have given you a contract till June 2013 worth £7,750 per week. Your assistant manager Niel McDonald has compiled a report for you too look at. Do you have any questions?

Me:

"Thats brilliant thank you. In terms of budgets, I feel they are acceptable, I will do all I can with the help from McDonald to make sure we meet these expectations. Thank you again for this opportunity, I have no questions".

DS:

"I think this meeting has run its course, good luck, you have the full backing from us"

As I look at our Pre season fixture list, I note a really interesting match. Osasuna, a top, top La Liga side, that will be a stern test for us, hopefully I can get the squad brimming with confidence and the result will take care of itself. Our Pre season is as followed:

Gillingham - A

Newtown - A

Port Talbot - A

Rhyl - A

Osasuna - H

Its going to be a good time to experiment with different players, Im going to use a few players from the youth system, maybe some from the U18's. A good away match to start pre season off at Gillingham. I have a press conference soon, hopefully not alot of questions as I hate the British media.

Last edited:
I managed to secure the loan signings of Liverpool pair, Danny Wilson & Jack Robinson. I felt that the left back area was a real weak side for us and We needed cover for McCartney, I dont think Illunga can live up to that, I signed Jack Robinson on an inital 3 month contract and Wilson till the end of the season. I've had 2 loan bids for Sturridge & Welbeck turned down after a loan was agreed by the clubs. I'm not too disappointed with that though, as I feel we have some good strikers. Newcastle offered £3.1M for Tomkins which I turned down, Birminham are after Jack Collison, however the James & Jack have just agreed new contracts with us.

Pre Season

Gillingham 0:3 West Ham

Match Report:
View attachment 206755

Tactic:

View attachment 206756

Summery:
After playing West Ham reserves and winning 6-1, this was my first real game as manager. we dominated from the start. I set the team out to attack and play some neat passing football. We got the rewards, I was impressed with the way we played, the width really helped us. Bentley & Taylor caused Gillingham all kinds of problems. Gillingham were poor but a good win for us.

Newtown 0:4 West Ham

Report:
View attachment 206760

Tactic:
View attachment 206759

Summery:
I made 8 changes to this game, as you can see by the line ups. Brought in Lee & McNaughton from the youth Accademy. Really, we should have been about 5-0 up at half time, but I was still impressed with the team I put out. Wilson could have had a hattrick in this game, the game really changed when I brought on Piqiuonne & Lansbury as they killed the game off

Port Talbot 0:4 West Ham

Report:
View attachment 206769

Tactic:
View attachment 206770

Summery:
Again this was a game we dominated, the opposition did not have 1 shot in the game, the wing play again was our strongest point, Piquionne looked good aswell. A tough test with Osasuna still to come, that will show how much of a team we are.

Rhyl 1:7 West Ham

Report:
View attachment 206779

Tactic:
View attachment 206780

Summery:
Well to get 7 goals is impressive but to be honest we could have scored more. It could have been at least 10 by full time. Disappointed with the goal we conceded right before full time, would have been nice to keep another clean sheet. Still the big test to come yet.

West Ham 4:1 Osasuna

Report:
View attachment 206789

Tactic:
View attachment 206790

Summery & Pre season round up:
I was fully expecting a tough game, but Osasuna didn't really perform. The first half was all us. Again our wingers providing the threat. Bentley & Taylor have been brilliant in pre season, I have been really impressed with them. I was surprised we were 3-1 up at the break. Osasuna did make more of an effort in the second half, but I told the lads to control the game and see the game out, Piquionne in fine form with another goal. Pre season over and with 22 goals scored and only 2 conceded in 5 games, I feel we are ready for the start of the season. The lads are brimming with confidence and want the season to get going.

Last edited:
try introducing matt fry to the 1st team as soon as possible cos he plays really well along side tomkins

championshipnpower.jpg

NPower Championship Preview

A tough August for us will show if we have learnt our lesson from last season or if the same defensive errors remain. We need to get off to a winning start, thats the main thing, try and win back to back, get the confidence flowing. After pre season, the boys are in superb form and the confidence levels are high. Ive had time to review my team and find the best formation. I think I've found one, lets see how it does in the Championship. We are playing teams in August, who I expect to be up there come the end of the season. Here are the opening fixtures.

183.png
Leeds United - [H]

298.png
Portsmouth [A]

202.png
Cardiff City [H]

522.png
Nottingham Forest [A]

392.png
- Southampton [H]

A stern test for us to say the least, Its imperitive that we play the way I know we can If we do the results will take care of themselves (hopefully!). Its going to be interesting playing these teams in the space of a month, at least we can get the games out of the way and maybe go on a good run. If we are going to win the League and be up there lifting the trophy come the end of the season, then the games that we don't play well in, we have to win. Grinding results out when we probably dont deserve anything, thats the key I think as well as having a well organised team who can play as a team together. In terms of quality, theres no denying we have the firepower to win most of our games, the important thing is keeping the squad injury free. We have good strength in depth and I feel that we can cover every position on the field, with the help of maybe 1 or 2 adiditions. Anyway, the seasons fast approaching. This is it, my journey starts here.

Carling Cup First Round Draw

0,,10794%7E6858570,00.gif

I couldn't have hoped for a better first round tie. Away to League 2 side Barnet, maybe a chance for our youngsters to show what they have got. I want to go far in the Carling Cup, alot of top teams don't seem to take it seriously, so I want to mount a good challenge and go all the way to the final, that will be the aim for the Carling Cup.

412.png
V
367.png

Last edited:
Definitely will be following this. Very well written, and I do like the Hammers. I hope you go far.

Thank you all for the positive comments. I'm about to play my next game with an update hopefully by mid-morning. I'm off out with a few friends to spend some money at the shopping centre and then tonight im out clubbing. So I plan on getting a good update done this morning because I wont be doing one when I get in (roughly about 2am or 3am) as I will be quite drunk and the worst thing to do is play Football Manager whilst drunk lol. Get a good update in by lets say 10.30am GMT. Thank you all for following.

Last edited:
c-416.png

The press were man handling me before our opening game against Leeds. They seemed to focus more on our chances of promotion, I think they want to see how a new manager will react to their questions even before the season has started. Anywho, team news for the game:

Guy Demel is out with a Groin strain, O'Neil is the only long term injury we have. New loan signings Jack Robinson & Paul Pogba are on International duty so their debuts will have to wait. Danny Wilson could make his debut also.

NPower Championship
Match day 1

367.png
1:0
183.png

View attachment 206891

MoM: Matty Taylor

"We could have won this by more. I was very impressed with the way we took the game to Leeds. Lonergan in the Leeds goal made some unbelievable saves, on another day it could have been 4 or 5. Still, a win and a clean sheet against a top side is the most important thing, Matty Taylor scoring a peach of a goal."

Nice story. Can you upload for me your tactic?

Sorry for the delayed update, I had a very rough 2 days, rougher than expected and I have fully recovered. Going to post a BIG update to make it up tonight.. Once again guys, sorry for the delay.

Nice story. Can you upload for me your tactic?

The tactic I am using is the standard one from FM12, all I do is drag the players to the required positions and away I go.

Last edited:
Carling Cup First Round Tie:

0,,10794~6858570,00.gif

412.png
0:1
367.png

View attachment 207931
MoM: James Tomkins

"We had loads of players missing for this game, they were on international duty. Demel & Piquionne were injured so I played a team with 5 of our players from the Youth Academy. I was disapointed with our performance and the fact we only won 1-0 but a win and a clean sheet is important and we are through to Round 2 and we have a tough test away to Portsmouth next week."

NPower Championship
Match day 2

298.png
0:2
367.png

View attachment 207935
MoM: Carlton Cole

"We went into this game on the back of 2 straight wins. We played really really good and I was delighted with our pass & movement. Carlton Cole, who I rested against Barnet proved to be the match winner with 2 goals. Portsmouth were very dangerous and their possession showed they were always in the game. I'm more than happy witht the scoreline and that we got a clean sheet."

NPower Championship
Match day 3

367.png
2:1
202.png

View attachment 207939
MoM: Danny Wilson

"We dominated this game from the off. We should have been 2-0 up inside 5 minutes, when we went behind, I was really shocked and thought to myself "How are we losing?" I didn't panick and the boys showed real determination. Danny Wilson scoring his first goal for us a well timed header from a corner and then Brian Montenegro with his first League goal of the season. This young lad has really impressed me and has started every League game so far."

NPower Championship
Match day 4

522.png
2:4
367.png

View attachment 207940
MoM: David Bentley

"Another game that we thoroughly deserved to win. David Bentley inspiring this game with 2 goals and a really good win that puts us top of the league table by 2 points ahead of Burnley. I said before the start of the season, that a good start is the key. We have won our 4 opening League fixtures and confidence levels are very high. We are in a very good position now."

Carling Cup &Other News:

0,,10794~6858570,00.gif

410.png

The Carling Cup has again been kind to us and with an Away trip to Stevenage. We can field a similar team as we did against Barnet and come away with a win I feel. We need to approach this game, like any other game though

Quick update, I have had loan bids for Sturridge, Macheda, M.Diouf and W.Bridge all rejected. I have signed striker Yaya Sanogo on loan for the rest of the season from AJ Auxerre , also have signed Brazilian holding midfielder Rodrigo Ciao from Sao Paulo. Paul Pogba joins us on loan from Manchester United, I tried to sign Michael Owen before all of this but his wage demands were a bit too high. I am also in the middle of negoatiating a loan deal for young Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.

Last edited:
Carling Cup Second Round Tie:

410.png
0:3
367.png

View attachment 208002
MoM: Jack Robinson

"Again I rested some first team players for this game, we scored in the opening 20 seconds of the game and from then on dominated. Stevenage did have a few good chances but again we put the game to bed. A good win for us and the boys are playing well"

NPower Championship
Matchday 5

367.png
4:0
392.png

View attachment 208003
MoM: James Tomkins

"To say we could have won 6 or 7-0 is an understatement, the amount of chances we created against Southamton was unreal, we came out of the blocks firing and Tomkins could have grabbed himself a hat-trick with headers in the first half. Sanogo made his debut today and played well, grabbed himself a goal and yet again, we have played very, very well. The month is over, a fairly good one."

AUGUST OVERVIEW:

League Table:

View attachment 208004
"Well, top of the tree at the end of the month. A good start to my rein as manager. Our defence is solid and we are scoring goals all over the park. Some pretty pleasing performances to note, particularly Nottingham Forest & Southampton. We really dominated and these results surprised me, If im honest. Gold & Sullivan happy with my management of the team. All good so far."

Transfers:

View attachment 208005
"Well, as you can see no really "Big" transfers. With £5m to spend I felt that every little bit of money we have come the end of the season, if we get promoted we will need in the Premier League, so I just tied up loan deals. Departures, I'm pleased to note that no-one in our first team have left. Although in January, this may not be the case."

Squad Stats:

View attachment 208006
"As you can see, the Morale is very high within the team, confidence is flowing through-out the team and this is key if we are going to be crowned champions at the end of the season. Im really impressed with Montenegro he has come into the first team and played really well. Grabbed an important goal against Cardiff to grab his first league goal of the season. Im impressed with everyone in the team. Tomkins and Cole both tied on 4 goals each for top scorers."

September Fixtures:

389.png
Middlesbrough [A]

236.png
Bristol City [A] [Carling Cup]

704.png
Millwall [A]

152.png
Leicester City [H]

"So only one Home game in the whole of September. First up is Middlesbrough away, now that will be a hard place to go and try and get a point let alone 3. Even though they lay 11 they are still a solid team, however, the boys are flying so I think we stand a good chance of going there and getting a result, we have a strong, strong attack and our defence is also solid. Bristol City in the cup, again will be tough as they haven't had a bad start to the season, hoping for another win and progression in the League cup. Next up is the biggest game of the season, according to the West Ham fans. As a huge fan, this game is important to me. When we play Millwall, the main aim is DO NOT LOSE. I will approach this game no different to the rest of the games though. Millwall haven't had a good start to the season and lay in 19th, they seem to be struggling to score and concede a few goals aswell, so for them, it will be tough to get a result against us I feel. Leicester have had a decent start and feel that they could get something out of this game, they lay 10th but have a very solid sqaud, when they come to our place, they will be a good test for us."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a little note:

I am very very, keen and passionate on this story, I want to play as many season as possible and I am wanting to show you my career as manager. I hope to get a good amount of followers. Any critism is welcome and how I can improve my layout if needed is also welcome, thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.

NPower Championship
Matchday 6

389.png
367.png

View attachment 208126
MoM: Yaya Sanogo

"Middlesbrough caused us a few problems in this and really, to be honest, this was a good solid away win. Sanogo eased my nerves in the 7th minute and then Cole put us 2 up just before half time, second half we controlled most of it, and looked to hit them on the counter. Nevertheless, another win and another clean sheet."

Carling Cup Third Round Tie

236.png
367.png

View attachment 208127
MoM: Carlton Cole

"Well, another 2-0 win. We certainly like them results don't we?. This in truth could have been alot closer, our performance was below what I expected and, although, Bristol City are in a decent place in the League, we should be winning these games. Montenegro again scoring in the Cup. His composure infront of goal is brilliant and he is certainly providing the goals for us in the cup, Carlton again wrapping up the game and he played brilliantally. Up next Millwall......away"

Carling Cup Fourth Round Draw

367.png
vs
298.png

"Again, the draw has been kind to us, with Man Utd, Manchester City, Arsenal all out of the Carling Cup. We could have faced the likes of Tottenham, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea or Newcastle. However, we avoided all of them teams and have a winnable game at Home to fellow Championship side Portsmouth."

Pre-Match Build Up

704.png
vs
367.png

Millwall vs West Ham, West Ham vs Millwall. No matter where the match is taking place, this game often provides firework. The hatred between the two sets of supporters is one the most fierce rivalry in English Football. Relegated West Ham will want to carry on their fine start to the season and hope to come away from The Den with a result.

West Ham occupy 1st place in the League and are looking like contenders for the title already. Recently playing a mid-week cup game, West Ham manager Sam Victory rested a number of key players including, Bentley, Taylor, Tomkins, McCartney. West Ham are favourites for this tie and the match should be a formality for The Hammers.

Millwall on the other hand are on a bad run with Kenny Jacketts side on a run of Five games without a win and are just above the relegation zone in 20th palce. They host the League leaders with the press indicated this could be a heavy defeat for The Lions.

Last edited:
NPower Championship
Matchday 7

704.png
1:4
367.png

View attachment 208153
MoM: Mark Noble

"We really took the game to Millwall. We came at them from all directions and the game was won before half time. I was impressed with our performance and we probably could have scored more, the fans will be happy with this result no doubt"

NPower Championship
Matchday 8

367.png
0:1
152.png

View attachment 208154
MoM: Kasper Schmeichel

"If there was a side we was going to lose too, I would have chosen Leicester City. They were much better than us today, and although I didn't feel it was a penalty, Leicester deserved to win this. We had our chances but we had Schmeichel between the sticks. A tough loss but I wont let it get to us"

SEPTEMBER OVERVIEW

League Table:
View attachment 208155
"Well we are still top of the table. We have a game in hand and our Goal difference is phenomenal. Even though we have only lost once, we still have had a decent month, albeit only a few games played. Hopefully next month we will remain top. We are very, very good away however at Home we are not performing as well as we do at Away. This needs to be looked at"

Squad Status:
View attachment 208156
"The squad again looks in good shape. A few of the boys in top form. We are playing good attacking football and I want this to continue. We still have some tough opponents to face and the morale is the most important thing."

October Fixtures:

157.png
Ipswich Town [A]

247.png
Birmingham City[H]

212.png
Brighton & Hove Albion [H]

231.png
Blackpool [A]

630.png
Peterborough United [H]

298.png
Portsmouth [H] [Carling Cup]

191.png
Barnsley [A]

"A long month then to say the least. One thing to note, the amount of Home games we have. This is vital as they are all against top sides regardless where they are in the League. Portsmouth in the Cup is going to be interesting, I'm confident we can go all the way in the Carling Cup. We are playing well and my young side seem to gel well together. We have three away games at Ipswich Town, Blackpool & Barnsley. All three should be winnable games, as our away form is good I want us to get maximum points from our 3 away games. At Home? Who knows what surprises there are in store. I want us to be alot tighter at the back and the chances we create we need to put them away. Lets hope for a good solid month and hopefully, get our Home form as good as our away form"

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, my save went a bit wierd. I'm still carrying on and I will update very shortly.

@Mastermind.

I adjusted mine to £4.45m so I have more wages as i am spending alot on wages.

Wage budget:

£560K (spending: £553K P/W)