Hammers 'land Tevez & Mascherano'

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham could pull off a major coup by signing Argentines Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano on year-long loans.

More...

How have West Ham beat off the cream of Europe 4 2 of the best known players outside Europe.

Im with Sam, what a farkin joke, Tevez and Mash have Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U afte rthem and thats just in the EPl never mind the Italian etc clubs that would want them, very strange move, its obviously down to the company that hold their rights or summat, West Ham obv said they wouldnt make money off their names or summat whereas Man U etc would want to do that sorta thang

Its only on a year long loan. I think they just want a taste of the premiership before a big club pays a load of money for them so they can avoid being huge flops.

W-O-W

i read on sky sports (or was it BBC) that the players agent companies had links with hammers and pompey, hammers obv were favoured and they signed him. still what a majjjooooorrr signing that is. west ham for europe thru the league at least !!

on full time contracts!

WTF is going on

well be signing adriano next.......

im so confused

Skysports news has just said that the signing of the two are on PERMANENT DEALS, Cannot believe it myself, I thought that a season long loan was amazing, but they have certainly got a good deal if it is true that they have come on permanent deals. Its got something to do with the company MSI, who own the rights to the two players. I heard that they are wanting to take over West ham or something, thats why they have offered the players to them. :yuck:

WOW permanent deals, every west ham fan must have **** thereselves in excitement by now

It's a stepping stone i think, See how well they cope there and if they do well Man U etc will prob be after them i dunno thats the most sence i can make out of it :D

West ham will make a lotta money out of it aswell, there are even speculation that they might not have even payed a single penny for the two. It will be interesting to see if the two players had a say in where the wanted to go, cannot wait for the press conference, t'will be interresting. I am disappointed being a Man Utd fan aswell, wouldn't have minded seeing them here, but, atleast they are in the prem and not at Chelsea.

Can't believe this at all tbh. Enough said.

MSI Ltd apparently tried to takeover West Ham last season so they must like the club or atleast have a big stake in the club already. So sounds like they are just taking 2 of their prize assets into the best league into the world.

Can't wait to see Tevez turn up for West Ham though :eek:

Mascherano isn't that exciting though really. He is a good player don't get me wrong. But there are loads of players who can do the job he does where as Tevez is something special.

Yeah Tevez will pwn and Mascherano will be one of those that pwn's but you don't notice how good a job he does like makelele.

Sorry but if you don't notice what Makelele does you're an idiot because nobody shuts up about him. How can you be the unsung hero if all you get throughout a match is a good bumming.

i know what he means though

his job for chelsea is quite under-rated and you dont really notice the amount of running and covering and the cleaning up and tackles he makes throughout a game and i think mascherano will be similar

am a liverpool fan and i think the signing for west ham are brilliant am made up for the hammers

major wtfage.

They're probably only there cos of this stupid MSI group who 'own the players rights'. I think had their decison been entirely independent,tehy would not have moved there. Anyone suspect Roman involvment seeing as he has shares in Corinthians??

I do know that there's rumours he has a stake in them, no wonder Man u and Arsenal would of had to pay loads for them two and West ham get them on the cheap it seems like to then probs sell off to chelsea, or make money for west ham themselves seeing as MSI own some shares in the club.