Hammers want £100,000-a-week star

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 2K
it could be kevin kuranyi i heard he wanted 100+k to sign for birmingham

ronaldos been doing well in brazil from what ive read. one last shot at the big time might just tempt him, and only if the price was right, ie sullivans outrageous wage offer. this man clearly has more cah than sense, did you see the jacket he wore to the press conference to announce the buyout??!

David_Sullivan_and_1562247c.jpg

possibly but I think it good ol' horseface. would be nice to see him back in the prem even though he probably scored this best united goal agains us :P

Gianfranco Zola tells me it's Ruud van Nistelrooy.

My money's on Chamakh, he's contract runs out soon. Westham have been chasing him, by their standards he would be a 'special player' and I doubt he would turn down 100k a week!!!

Chamakh for Westham!

My money's on Chamakh, he's contract runs out soon. Westham have been chasing him, by their standards he would be a 'special player' and I doubt he would turn down 100k a week!!!

Chamakh for Westham!
i dont think chamakh will go westham when teams like arsenal and liverpool are intrested.

How can you come out and say the club has 100m debt and then sign a player on 100k a week? I do not see how they can be getting away with that. There debt is probably so high after the last spending spree trying to keep them up.

I have always loved West Ham and hope they do stay up but i don't think they should be allowed to sign players on funny money when there debt is so huge.

How can you come out and say the club has 100m debt and then sign a player on 100k a week? I do not see how they can be getting away with that. There debt is probably so high after the last spending spree trying to keep them up.

I have always loved West Ham and hope they do stay up but i don't think they should be allowed to sign players on funny money when there debt is so huge.

whos going to stop them though? no-one has stopped united from signing anyone, and their debt is 7-10x larger than west hams depending on where you read about it.

the only reason pompey have been stopped from signing players is becasue they dont have a debt with the banks, they owe other clubs cash.

i dont understand how they can still owe money for lassana diarra and sulley muntari, even though they have long since been sold on for large profits. where did that profit go? staright back to the UAE i reckon.

See the difference with Man Utd and Liverpool is that they are always going to make profit with shirt sales world wide, Champions League,TV Money, Top 4 finishes.

Where is the reassurane for West Ham?

none i guess, (although man utd recorded a loss last year, even with ronaldos sale and competition success) but after seeing Sullivans jacket i have no faith at all lol

none i guess, (although man utd recorded a loss last year, even with ronaldos sale and competition success) but after seeing Sullivans jacket i have no faith at all lol
thats one silky jacket lol XD

See the difference with Man Utd and Liverpool is that they are always going to make profit with shirt sales world wide, Champions League,TV Money, Top 4 finishes.

Where is the reassurane for West Ham?

Big new stadium in three years time and selling Upton Park for redevelopment I'd imagine.

Should they get the Olympic Stadium, then their medium-term looks very bright to be honest - over the next 18 months a lot of the problems with their cash-flow will disappear (contracts to players run out, they start getting back their full ticket income again). Keeping them afloat in the short-term is the hard part, and I'm guessing Sullivan and Gold are pumping the money in now (much as the Icelandic guys did) to try and keep them in the Premier League til then.

A lot revolves around that new stadium - much as Manchester City's financial woes were eased by them getting the Commonwealth Games' stadium and which made them such an attractive proposition to the sheikhs.

They are certainly crude workers, they must of had there eye on the Olympic stadium for a while now, must have put a lot of planning into the takeover of West Ham.

Yeah, I posted the thing about the new stadium based on past comments from the Icelandic board - but then I read a piece in the Sunday Times which had something about Karen Brady suggesting renaming the team to 'West Ham Olympic' and going on about how it was a waste for the Olympic stadium to only host a couple of athletic meetings a year after the games. You couldn't make it up...

All the stuff about Sullivan and Gold being these white knights needs to be taken with a pinch of salt by West Ham fans I think. I certainly don't think they've gone into this without an eye on making money out of it in the long-term.

i really think that i know who it is -

it's ANDREY VORONIN

They've signed McCarthy from Blackburn Rovers now, so I'd imagine that's their pot of funds for a striker used up.

Big new stadium in three years time and selling Upton Park for redevelopment I'd imagine.

Should they get the Olympic Stadium, then their medium-term looks very bright to be honest - over the next 18 months a lot of the problems with their cash-flow will disappear (contracts to players run out, they start getting back their full ticket income again). Keeping them afloat in the short-term is the hard part, and I'm guessing Sullivan and Gold are pumping the money in now (much as the Icelandic guys did) to try and keep them in the Premier League til then.

A lot revolves around that new stadium - much as Manchester City's financial woes were eased by them getting the Commonwealth Games' stadium and which made them such an attractive proposition to the sheikhs.

It just seems very risky to me. Like when you play Monopoly and have a few houses down and want to turn them into hotels but your funds are running low. If you buy them now you might land on someone else's property and be *******. So your praying someone lands on one of yours to keep you afloat and build on that?

It just seems very risky to me. Like when you play Monopoly and have a few houses down and want to turn them into hotels but your funds are running low. If you buy them now you might land on someone else's property and be *******. So your praying someone lands on one of yours to keep you afloat and build on that?

I don't disagree Kris.

But then even if they do go down, then they've always got the 'easy' option of administration to clear their debts. 25 million quid each (in relative terms) isn't really a lot of money to risk when the payoff is so big if they do manage to pull it off.

Back