DarklinkCL

Reaction score
I'm currently managing Vitesse Arnhem, on the 5th season. I've always confortably won the Eredivise so far, and I'll probably win the current one as well (4 games to go, +6 on Ajax 2nd).
Unfortunately, things weren't so easy in Europe: the best I could do was managing to get to the best 16 of UCL, then I'm always unlucky with the drawing.

I've refused dozens and dozens of job offers from teams such as Sevilla, Malaga, FC Bayern, Wolfsburg, Valencia, Inter Milan, Ajax, PSV, Werder, Monaco (...) etc.
But now there is Huub Stevens, manager of PSV, who is going to retire at the end of 2016/17 season. This will mean that I'll be called to become his successor. I've refused this offer once, but now I feel like less motivated with Vitesse.

What would you do in my shoes?

Things PRO Psv:
- the most popular Dutch club
- higher reputation -> better players
- more money
- bigger stadium
- some good players already in squad
- a new experience for me, instead of just starting a new save
- I've never won the league with two different clubs of a same nation in the same career

Things PRO Vitesse:
- still the best team in Holland
- some great players and several young talents that I've been taking care of for all the time
- won't do the UCL Playoffs
- awesome fans, the stadium is always full
- it's my creature...

Here are the two rosters:
View attachment 344415View attachment 344416
Some players you can't see: Depay, J.Willems, Valon Berisha (PSV); Carlos Luque, Adam Maher (though badly injured, I would 99% sell him), Chanturia (Vitesse).

Any advice and/or consideration would be much appreciated :)

Id start a different save with HSV ... Or save the Vitesse game accept the job and save it under a different save so that id have both ...

IOr save the Vitesse game accept the job and save it under a different save so that id have both ...

This. It's a fail-safe option, you can always go back if you find out you regret your decision.

if you do take teh PSV job then you could always try and bring some of the vitesse players across with you.

This. It's a fail-safe option, you can always go back if you find out you regret your decision.
But that would be so unrealistic, mate :D

if you do take teh PSV job then you could always try and bring some of the vitesse players across with you.
This for sure, even tough it could be difficult (Fierro's value is very high, I was obviously thinking about him to replace Matavz at PSV).

It would have been difficult to imagine a better last season for me and my Vitesse: Super Cup, KNVB Cup and Eredivise all in the same year!

Eventually then I moved to PSV (they have much more money than I thought!) and managed to bring Carlos Fierro, Leon Goretzka, Issa Kallon, Nando Wormgoor and David Domej with me, as well as a good portion of my former staff (coaches, scouts etc...).

First official game: lost on penalties against Vitesse for the Dutch Super Cup lol...but I didn't care so much about that (many turnover and reserve players on the pitch).

I think it'd be a fine challenge to change club and try to topple the dominance you created. I would only stay if I didn't feel I had got Vitesse as high as I could.

But that would be so unrealistic, mate :D

This for sure, even tough it could be difficult (Fierro's value is very high, I was obviously thinking about him to replace Matavz at PSV).

It's not unrealistic loads of managers try and bring some of their ex players to the club for my team Neil Warnock brought a few of his ex players in and McDermott looks to be doing the same as well it's not unrealistic unless you were to buy the whole squad

No pal, I was talking about keeping a "backup Vitesse save" ;)

Actually five of my former players followed me at PSV, including Fierro de goal machine.