Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Hardest game save in England...Truro or Hinckley?

Reaction score
Hey,

I want to start a save with the worst/hardest save in England.

Truro are in BSS and start in administration with only a handful of players.

Hinckley start in BSN, not in administration but have a wage budge of only £300 and start on -3 points.

What is the hardest save in England?

Reaction score
Truro
- start in administration
- only have 7 players most on long term injuries
- stand to lose 900k at the end of the year
- wage budget of 2.5k

Hinckley
- Don't start in Admin
- Start on -3 points.
- Wage budget of just £300
- Stand to lose 300k at end of the year.

Reaction score
I started as AFC Totton in the Southern Premier League, with normal finances for that level. I won back-to-back promotions via the play-offs but by the time I reached the Blue Square Premier, I had no money, a small squad of players who were totally out of their depth and could not attract even unattached players into the club. I played the first 10 or 12 games of the season - despite a 4-4 opening day draw with Accrington Stanley (everybody now - Who Are They?!) I was rock bottom so I resigned and joined Exeter City instead. That wasn't much better despite a decent start, so I quit that game and started again with AFC Bournemouth in League One.

I was at the FA Vase final between Truro City and AFC Totton at Wembley in 2007. Truro won it 3-1 (or maybe 2-1) despite Totton taking the lead.