Kirk1981

Reaction score
Is it me or does other people find managing Ipswich Town such a hard team to manage?

I tried Procession play with Defending a priority but still I'm let down by the defence and Goalkeeper!

Here's who I sold:

Carlos Edwards (Contract terminated) The fact I let him go is cause I really don't like him as a player and he's really old for a winger. at 34 years old he doesn't have the pace to even keep a place on the bench.

Scott Loach (800K to Crystal Palace) Town is in DEBT a lot and I had to make some money to keep us a float, but it left us without a number 1 that could keep his place.

Ryan Tunnicliffe (Loan returned back to Man Utd) Wasn't really a player at this moment in time to add any sort of help to the team.

The players I brought:

Hilaro (60K from Chelsea) Thought from his experience in being with a top flight Goalie he would add it to the team and be a safe hands compared to Dean Gerken and Michael Crowe.

Keith Fahey (Free) A decent buy that took other from Luke Hyam, placed in a Ball Winning Midfielder he really showed a good defensive midfielder.

Ivan Carril (Free) a great attacking midfielder that shows a lot of passing and long shots and creativity towards other players, but always comes in shot with the strike force.

Davidson Drobo-Ampem (200K Esbjerg FC) A good player to have as a full back or Centre Defender.

Jay Bothroyd (Free) Thought this guy would be great is the lack of scoring for Town but he seems to not see the goal as most his shots are either wide or other the bar.

Giourkas Seitaridis (Free) Thought the experience would be good and helping Elliott Hewitt and Kyle Hammond grow a bit more doesn't seem to be working at all. Most properly the bad buy for me along with Hilaro.

Vasilis Pliatsikas (Free) Thought he would be alright as back up Right Back and a decent back up BWM. He does do well for the club but really not amazing at all.

Most my money in for transfers goes into the wage bank as I said we're in debt and I only signed these players to make the squad get a safe mid table finish.

My tactic's are a basic 4-4-2, playing a Rigid system with a Controlled game play. We pass it short and drill crosses in. We drop deeper as the defence is the weakest in the Championship. We Stand Of More and Stay On Feet instead of diving at other players.

The main team I have out is:

Hilaro (GKP/D); Seitaridis (FB/S), Chambers (LD/Stopper), Smith (CD/Cover), Cresswell (FB/S); Anderson (W/A), Fahey (BWM/D), Tabb (DLP/S), Wordsworth (W/S); McGoldrick (AF/A), Bothroyd (P/A).

I normally Place Bothroyd behind McGoldrick to bring on Carril as Advance Playmaker. Hyam comes on for Fahey sitting in the same role.

Hilaro sometimes gets changed with Gerken before matches start.

If anybody can see where I'm going wrong or any advice then let me know. We seem to lose and rarely draw. I have tried 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 but nothing seems to be working. I would upload my tactic but I really only like to do that if it's working.