Hargreaves finally set to return to action

• Thread starter Thread starter Jake
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 2K
God, Barry is kak, the kakest of kak, kak, I do not see what everyone see's in this muppet, I really dont!

Yeah. Rather good when he was at Villa, but wasn't good enough to get into England then and certainly isn't now.

What a player to have, if he comes back as the same player then it solves England midfield woes for sure. He is a world class player just unlucky with injuries. One of my fav player. Excellent talent, no wonder SAF went him for again and again. I read Schweinsteiger is a big fan of Hargo.

After seeing Barry's dismal display last night I cannot wait for Hargreaves to be fit and back in action, a class player who will hopefully usurp that donkey in defensive mid for England

I wish him the best of luck in his comeback but imagine what it's like to spend so much time away from your day job??? It's going to be difficult for him.
(when I take a two week holiday, I find it hard to do my job when I come back oO))

In his prime Owen was a great player, fantastic defensive midfielder. But can he reproduce the performances that earned him the move to Man Utd? Only time can tell. Have to take into consideration that he has been injured for a long time.

We need him back badly for England... although I have my doubts over whether he can reproduce the same form, I certainly hope so anyways

Fingers crossed for the lad. Welcome back to football :wub:

He's going to get one **** of a reception from Old Trafford, that's for sure.

I wish him the best. The hardest part with coming back from these types of injuries are usually mental issues, i've seen a lot of pro athletes that are considered 100% healthy yet never recaptured their old form due to their state of mind. Given that he is a DM, it will take a lot of courage to tackle a speeding opposing player knowing that your body had once experienced a traumatic injury.

I wish him the best. The hardest part with coming back from these types of injuries are usually mental issues, i've seen a lot of pro athletes that are considered 100% healthy yet never recaptured their old form due to their state of mind. Given that he is a DM, it will take a lot of courage to tackle a speeding opposing player knowing that your body had once experienced a traumatic injury.
that was originally part of the problem about 8 months ago a lot of it was mental, and then when he had picked up the courage to come back, he then had physical setbacks

I hope he comes back the player he was as he was fantastic. been highly unlucky to get such a bad injury in the first place but then to get all this set backs is even worse. Hopefully this is the end of his serious injuries.

Ahhhh FFS!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9096107.stm

Fergie does say he is out with a calf injury, so it's not knees this time, but it still doesn't look good.

My hopes fade for him with every passing week. For all of Fletchers tenacity and work rate, we really do miss a proper ball winner like Owen, i wish him well on his still long road to recovery.

Ahhhh FFS!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9096107.stm

Fergie does say he is out with a calf injury, so it's not knees this time, but it still doesn't look good.

My hopes fade for him with every passing week. For all of Fletchers tenacity and work rate, we really do miss a proper ball winner like Owen, i wish him well on his still long road to recovery.
apprently ferguson is annoyed because he had always pencilled in the 26th october carling cup game, and not this weekend as Steadman had said (hes not in the CL squad)

So is Fergie making up another injury then? If he's fit then surely he gets a place on the bench and a nice re-introduction back into first team football?

Why wait unitl the 26th just because it's whats been pencilled in, i don't get it.

So is Fergie making up another injury then? If he's fit then surely he gets a place on the bench and a nice re-introduction back into first team football?

Why wait unitl the 26th just because it's whats been pencilled in, i don't get it.
i dont know, think he fears wrecking him on another setback. we need him for the knockout games and 2nd half of the season much more than we need him for a couple of games now.

Just sounds like good old fashioned Fergie stubbornness to me.

I'd bench him tommorow unless this calf injury is real of course. A casual 5 minutes if we are 3-0 up cant hurt him at all imo.

from the United website: Owen Hargreaves will not line up against West Bromwich Albion at Old Trafford on Saturday, contrary to reports in the media earlier this week.

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson revealed the midfielder has picked up a calf injury and is not available for selection.

“Owen’s not ready. He’s injured,” Sir Alex said. “He got a calf injury and has missed training for the last few days.”

The news contradicts reports from across the Atlantic that suggested Hargreaves was set to make his first senior start since September 2008. Dr Richard Steadman, who has overseen part of Hargreaves’ rehabilitation, was quoted this week as saying: “Owen should play some part on Saturday.”

But Sir Alex insists the statement is “not accurate”.

“I pick the team and I have been doing that for a while,” he said. “We’re having some difficulties with the doctor [Steadman] in Colorado. It’s not fair to the player, to the fans and to ourselves to say the player is going to be playing. It’s ridiculous.

“It’s a small interference that has caused a bit of confusion. Owen’s not available for West Brom.”

One player who could take to the pitch is Ryan Giggs. The Welshman missed United’s games against Valencia and Sunderland after picking up a hamstring injury in the Reds’ draw at Bolton in late September, but Sir Alex says he’s now ready to re-enter the fray.

“Giggsy’s been out for a couple of weeks but he’s fit again.”

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Just sounds like good old fashioned Fergie stubbornness to me.

I'd bench him tommorow unless this calf injury is real of course. A casual 5 minutes if we are 3-0 up cant hurt him at all imo.
i agree, its all very well protecting him, but if he is fit, he gonna have to get out there sometime, a cameo appearance wont kill him.

the article sounds like hes a little annoyed at people going round what he says (maybe rooney's comments irked him)

Back