Hargreaves 'set to join' Man Utd

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Owen Hargreaves is to seal a £17m move to Manchester United from Bayern Munich, according to reports in Germany.

More...

Rip! This guy better be good for us as I hate him sooo much (as a player)!

Guy plays 5 decent games for England and all of a sudden hes a superstar. Nig waste in money, Fletcher has shown that if Man U need to play 3 in the centre that hes up to the challenge, If I was SAF I woulda bought a youngish midfielder like Sidwell or Reo Coker

I agree. I really have not saw enough of Hargreeves to comment on him.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

17 mil 4 carrick and now the same for hargreaves, gd business utd :S

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

17 mil 4 carrick and now the same for hargreaves, gd business utd :S

You do realise Carrick was one of the main players in the team that has just won the Premiership which is worth alot more than £17m.

Lee is right u muppet.

Greg makes a good point about maybe someone like Reo-Coker but theres a big difference between someone previously considered indispensable to West Ham and a team chasing domestic and european honours every year.

17m may be alot but if it means better form and solidarity away in Europe, which it has to really, and more freedom for Carrick and Scholes, plus of course a stronger midfield for the defence of the Premiership, then it hopefully it will be good business.

i hate man utd but carrick has been a quality replacement for keane and hargreaves is even better than carrick in my opinion. good business by the scum!

You could hardly call Carrick a good replacement for Keane. Keane had the ability to dictate and win whole games on his own basically whereas Carrick goes missing a lot in some game (I think Carricks good btw)

I wouldnt rate Carrick at £17m, although a Prem winners medal may say otherwise.

Im sure Sissoko would be allowed to leave for round about £17m, and hes got years on Hargreaves, and is a much better holding midfielder.

I doubt he would be allowed to leave to Man Yoo though

Im sure Sissoko would be allowed to leave for round about £17m, and hes got years on Hargreaves, and is a much better holding midfielder.

Nah Sissoko is not a player I would like at Man Utd. I'm sure almost all Liverpool fans would agree with my that he can't pass a ball for **** :D

Sissoko isn't really a holding midfielder he is often played ahead of Alonso and breaks up the play anywhere on the pitch. He's the closest thing to a player who can be in two places at once.

Oh and yeh his passing is awful. He'll improve though, hopefully.

I have never seen a player make so many over zealous tackles when on a yellow - that would be sissoko - but I still think he is class.

Hargreaves is a good buy, not for 17mil but so many players of overvalued nowadays. IMOH Mascherano would have been a good buy for united.

Yeh, Scholes is king of the sliding tackle, even wehn on a Yellow and several warnings

Yup can't beat a bit of Scholes slidage :pleased:

Looking forward to Hargreaves coming, wouldn't mind seeing what formation he's gona play though..