Hargreaves to return to United

dosanjh7

Reaction score
Hargreaves to return to Utd

No playing comeback date set for midfielder
harcrop_2475478.jpg

Owen Hargreaves is due back at Manchester United in a fortnight, but Sir Alex Ferguson remains unsure when the midfielder will be fit to play again.
The 29-year-old has made just one fleeting substitute's appearance in almost two years for United due to ongoing problems with his knees.
The England international has been back in the United States for further rehabilitation work with Dr Richard Steadman in an attempt to finally bring an end to his tendinitis troubles.
Ferguson has confirmed Hargreaves is shortly due to return to Old Trafford,
spacer.gif
but there is no timescale for when he may be ready for first-team action.

Making progress
"Owen is due back within the next two weeks," said Ferguson. "He seems to be making decent progress now.
"But if he comes back in two weeks when is he going to be fit to play for Manchester United?
spacer.gif
That is still to be found out."
Hargreaves has been named in United's 25-man Premier League squad, but was omitted from the Champions League
spacer.gif
squad for the opening group phase.
Ferguson revealed the differing criteria for domestic and European matches made his mind up about making Hargreaves available for the Champions League, although he can make changes in January.
"It would be silly to put him in the squad when he is not even back here," he said.
"Quite simply I could not put him in ahead of someone else, but I can make a change in January if he is back to his fitness."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6369480,00.html

Well this is a step in the right direction, hopefully he'll be back and playing in a few months :D i want nothing more than for him to be back and playing, its just **** right depressing when players have problems which make them retire early, like Dean Ashton for example.

i said it before that i don't think he will ever reach quarter of the player he used to be.

We'll see him for a few weeks and he'll be back on the treatment table. Hope he makes his comeback and stays fit soon, great player on his day.

Not to be a ***** but he should start seriously considering retirement soon. It's getting to the stage where it sounds like he'll have problems later on in life with simple day to day activities from thhe number of knee/leg injuries he's had.

A shame, such a quality player, but unfortunately I don't think he will ever play competetively at the highest level again. We could really do with him for England, a fully fit Hargreaves would slot into the midfield perfectly, would take Barry and Huddlestone to the cleaners anyday.

England (and Uniteds) best defensive midfielder by a long way when he is 100% fit.

Sadly, i can see him never playing for united again. I wonder what has bought on these continued tendinitis problems, as he was never plagued by them at Bayern Munich.