Harriers09

Reaction score

I've never really looked at verses mode on FM13 till now, but it gave me an idea.

I'd like to make this a series. I take my Kidderminster Harriers team from 2032 and play anyone who fancies the challenge in verses mode.

For those of you who don't know what verses mode is, its where u can take any team, from any of your saved games, and play against friends over steam.

So i challenge anyone to a 5 game league competition. I will do squad reports on each team and match reports on each game on this thread.

If I lose, i will admit Kidderminster Harriers are worse than (fill in your team name). If you loose, you have to admit your team is worse than Kidderminster Harriers.

If this proves popular, i may consider a youtube series

Rules:
  • no edited teams/players
  • all 5 games must be played
  • must have Steam

So is anyone prepared for the challenge?

Last edited:
The Kiddermister Harriers Squad Report

Information

Year: end of 2031/32 season

World Club Cup: 2023, 2029
Champions League: 2023, 2025, 2029, 2030
Europa League: 2022
European Super Cup: 2025, 2029
Premier League: 2026, 2029, 2030, 2031
FA Cup: 2022, 2029, 2031, 2032
League Cup: 2021, 2023, 2030, 2031, 2032

Average Age: 22
Domestic Player Bias: 60%
Current Internationals: 16
Current Under-21 Internations: 4
Average Caps: 39

All Time Top League Goalscorer: Kit Foster - 193
Most Goals Scored in One Season: Kit Foster - 57
All Time Leading League Apperances: Carlton Hemmings - 395
2032 Fans Player of the Year: Fabio Giuseppe Pisano

Goalkeeper

View attachment 370359

Right Backs

View attachment 370360View attachment 370361

Left Backs

View attachment 370362View attachment 370363

Centre Backs

View attachment 370364View attachment 370365View attachment 370366View attachment 370367

Central Midfielders

View attachment 370368View attachment 370369View attachment 370370View attachment 370371View attachment 370372View attachment 370373View attachment 370374

Wingers

View attachment 370376View attachment 370377View attachment 370378View attachment 370379

Strikers

View attachment 370380View attachment 370381View attachment 370382

This is very much a team in trasition, but can you beat them?

id be up for it ive got southampton in 2020 back to back prem wins champions leagues runner up to madrid :p

Yeah Can you add me on steam Cameronlufc, It's the Azerbijan team 2 years in not much different from the start team, I really just want to test this tactic I'm using with them

Yeah Can you add me on steam Cameronlufc, It's the Azerbijan team 2 years in not much different from the start team, I really just want to test this tactic I'm using with them

I'll add you now mate. Do you know how toexport your team to verses mode? If you dont I'll talk you through it on steam chat

View attachment 370898

MATCH SERIES 1 - HARRIERS VS AZERBAIJAN (cameronlufc)

Azerbaijan Squad Report

View attachment 370902View attachment 370903

They may be ranked over 200th in the world, but azerbaijan's counter attacking football will prove a test for Kidderminster Harriers.

Vagif Cavadov is their most valuable player and the 25 year old left winger may prove a thorn in the Harriers side.

View attachment 370904

Tactics

Azerbaijan are employing an unusual 3-3-1-2-1 formation, looking to stay solid in defense and exploit the wings on the counter attack.

View attachment 370905

The Matches

Matchday 1

A comfortable 4-0 home victory for the Harriers. Striker Roberto Goikoetxea with a sublime hattrick aided by a wonderful solo goal from left winger Robbie Bennett. Azerbaijan managed to form a couple of chance of their own but the Harriers' dominance should probably been reflected in a few more goals.

View attachment 370914View attachment 370915

Matchday 2

Harriers started their 2nd choice 11 for this game, in a hope of being able to still contain the Azerbaijan threat. It took till the 68th minute for 17 year old striker Keith Jones, a subsitute for club legend Kit Foster, to finally find a way past Salahat Agayev in the Azerbaijan goal with his first touch of the game. Right winger Erik Zwaan, another second half subsitute added the 2nd, but a spirited display from Azerbaijan ensured the scoreline stayed a very respectable 0-2.

View attachment 370927View attachment 370928

Matchday 3

The Harriers stuck with their 2nd choice 11 for this game at the Kidderminster Stadium infront of a poultry 11,622 fans. It proved a risk worth taking as second half goals from 17 year old left winger Carlos Rivas, centre back
Mathias Stephansen and subsitute Robbie Bennett bagged a 3-0 victory for the men in red. This was a game the Harriers totally dominated, and will feel a little agrieved that the Azerbaijan 'keeper' was in such good form.

View attachment 370933View attachment 370934

Matchday 4

Back to their 1st choice XI, Harriers showed their true selves infront of 28,815 partizan Azerbaijanis. Dominatant from first whistle to last, the Harriers peppered their oppositions goal time and time again. A brace each for Erik Zwaan and Roberto Goikoetxea secured an impressive 4-0 win in a game where they could have scored 10. Azerbaijan had a few chances towards the end as Harriers pushed on for more goals, but a couple of poor efforts from striker Elvin Mammadov ensured Harriers kept their 4th consecutive clean sheet.

View attachment 370941View attachment 370942

Matchday 5

Kidderminster harriers headed into the last game of the season full of confidence, maybe too much confidence. The arrogance of their manager showed in the starting 11.... strikers in goal.....goalkeeper up front....in fact a totally reversed team! What a ****!
But in the first minute, that arrogance seemed justified as striker/centreback Goikoetxea bagged the opening goal, And the same man bagged a 2nd from the penalty spot in the 13th minute and the Harriers were cruising. But then Azerbaijan had a corner, swung in and nearly proded in by centre back Ruslan Abisov, cleared off the line by left winger/left back Robbie Bennett right onto the back of rightback/defensive midfielder Kamil Kerbr for an own goal! Azerbaijan were buzzing. 77 minutes and Mahir Sukurov drew Azerbaijan level with a blast past striker/goalkeeper Keith Jones. 2-2!!! Four mintues to go and Cihan Ozkara, their main striker breaks through and slides the ball past the onrushing Jones to make it 3-2 Azerbaijan. The Harriers overconfidence cost them dear and the packed stadium errupted on the final whistle as Azerbaijan secured a massive concelation victory!

View attachment 370946View attachment 370947

The Final Standings

The Harriers had won the trophy after only 3 games, but a resiliant Azerbaijan avoided any humiliation with their last day win. Overall, a very good 5 game display for Azerbaijan, but they could not match the might and power of Kidderminster Harriers

View attachment 370950

Records

Top Goalscorer: Roberto Goikoetxea - 7
Lead Assists: Erik Zwaan - 4
Top Average Rating: Roberto Goikoetxea - 9.30

Azerbaijan Player of the Tournament: Salahat Agayev (GK) - 7.00 from 5 games

Kidderminster Harrier Player of the Tournament: Roberto Goikoetxea

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS RECORD: 4-0-1, 1/1 LEAGUE TITLES

SO WHOS NEXT?

Got one game set up, just need to arrange a time, but i'm still looking for more? So anyone else?

I'd be up for it. add me on steam = Sopranoobject. I'm Kettering in 2036 with 6 champions leagues, 6 club world championships, 3 super cups, 5 prems, 2 FA cups, 5 C1C's and 3 community shields.

You might have to walk me through how to join and everything though lol. i know how to export though i think

I'd be up for it. add me on steam = Sopranoobject. I'm Kettering in 2036 with 6 champions leagues, 6 club world championships, 3 super cups, 5 prems, 2 FA cups, 5 C1C's and 3 community shields.

You might have to walk me through how to join and everything though lol. i know how to export though i think

added you on steam, will talk you through how to do it on there

I could be up for a challenge, with my current 2018 Genk team or my San Marino 2022 team if I can find it.