Harris to broker Man Utd takeover

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Revered football financier Keith Harris has been approached by investors to broker a takeover of Manchester United.

More...

**** YES

GLAZER OUT GLAZER OUT GLAZER OUT GLAZER OUT

United!!

Ohh no! I hope it doesnt go through, id love to see united like leeds in a few years

How about this for a idea. every utd fan donates £10 to the trust. tht should generated more then the billion needed, i am thinking world wide. some fans would donate more as well. then buy the club. help clear the debts with more donations, then the turn over each year, would be more then enough to give the manager a fund.

well this will work because every ****** around the world from places such as ghana and indonesia supports this team

exactly my point. there is people in asia who would donate, and some of the wealthy people would donate 1000s of pouds. so it could work.

just would need a big name fronting the bid, maybe a former player with international creditials.
*cough* Beckham and robson *Cough*

On the way back from the Chelsea game the other day this Utd fan came on the radio after Utd won against City and was like im willing to put forward 5 Million to help the takeover and was asking them to put him in touch with the man leading the bid.
One question i want to know is that if the fans take control of United, how will they go about bringing players in?

How about this for a idea. every utd fan donates £10 to the trust. tht should generated more then the billion needed, i am thinking world wide. some fans would donate more as well. then buy the club. help clear the debts with more donations, then the turn over each year, would be more then enough to give the manager a fund.

As cute and naivé as that idea is, in real life it would never work

On the way back from the Chelsea game the other day this Utd fan came on the radio after Utd won against City and was like im willing to put forward 5 Million to help the takeover and was asking them to put him in touch with the man leading the bid.
One question i want to know is that if the fans take control of United, how will they go about bringing players in?

Most likely they would appoint a chairman and the fans would not really have a choice.

exactly my point. there is people in asia who would donate, and some of the wealthy people would donate 1000s of pouds. so it could work.

just would need a big name fronting the bid, maybe a former player with international creditials.
*cough* Beckham and robson *Cough*

I'm to busy sorry.

They could become trust run like barcalona and exeter city. This just means fans pay money each month to join trust but they dont choose team or anything. With all the supporters of man united hopefully that would be enough.:)

Last edited:
If that works for Barcelona oO) That would be a great idea.

Back