Has any one produced a successful WM formation?

brooklyn21

Reaction score
I am looking for a pool of ideas and opinions regarding the WM formation. Has anyone produced a strong WM tactic in FM16?

Success with WM formation

I am looking for a pool of ideas and opinions regarding the WM formation. Has anyone produced a strong WM tactic in FM16?

I've had some success with WM whilst managing FC Minsk in Belarus. The formation is:

GK
FB-CB-FB
DM-DM
CM-CM
W-W
ST

In terms of roles, I've had at least one of the DMs as a half back. That seems vital - the half back drops back to make a back four at times. I don't have strong views about the other DM role.

For the CM roles I've tended to use DLP and CM (attack). I think the latter is essential to get up to support the striker and score goals.

For the wingers I've preferred to use one winger and one inside forward. Although I use a WTM with some formations, I don't use it here: i find a WTM holds up the play too much - WM seems to depend on movement and fluidity, using short passing.

The main difficulty was finding the right defenders. The CB needs to be big and strong, like a stopper, but also at home on the ball, with a decent first touch. The full backs need to be good in the air - typically players who can also play CB.

It did seem to me that opposing teams wised up after a while and started swamping the CB, so I didn't find it was a tactic I could just keep using month after month. It was fun, though, and some of the football was v. attractive to watch.