steenkash

Reaction score
I was on my third season with Swansea, and had last season game to win to qualify for the champions league, spurs was my closest rivals. I have facing West Ham and lead with 20 minutes left on the clock 1-0, and then suddenly from nowhere Collison scores 2 goals in five minutes. So I quiet the game and restarted it and won 4-0. I felt like I deserved it, no?

I was on my third season with Swansea, and had last season game to win to qualify for the champions league, spurs was my closest rivals. I have facing West Ham and lead with 20 minutes left on the clock 1-0, and then suddenly from nowhere Collison scores 2 goals in five minutes. So I quiet the game and restarted it and won 4-0. I felt like I deserved it, no?

Guess its your own game and play the way you want, personally i wouldnt reload a game.

Of course people do it, you see it when they post amazing success and it turns out they have 783 saves. :)

Some people call that cheating! and i am one of them, but it is your game and you paid for it and play it as you seem fit:) enjoy.

It's cheating, no doubt, but i do it sometimes as i can't handle the injustice.

Remember when United won their Champions League against Bayern with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes? Same feeling

I used too do it on FM11 but for me it spoil the game and I felt like I was just cheating myself.

Of course people do it, you see it when they post amazing success and it turns out they have 783 saves. :)

Haha I don't restart and replay matches but I do save a lot! The amount of times in past FM's I've won like 5 on the trot then windows decides to restart my PC for an update in the background has taught me to save a lot!

Guarantee when I replay the games I lose 3 and draw one of them lol.

Anyway, did you deserve to get qualification? No cause you were losing ;)

Does it matter if you restarted? Not really, you can play the game how you like, but winning the European spot next season with 0 restarts will feel a lot more of an achievement :)

I don't replay my games, but I do save a lot because my laptop is not reliable :/

I save every week cos we have a light & power issue in Ghana.. our lights could go off anytime.. & if i have a low battery incase am not charging, i could lose a whole save so i have made it to save every week just incase.. i dont repeat games.. wheres the reality?

If you restart the game when you feel that you deserve to win the match, what's to stop you to restart the game over and over again in the near future until you get that win.

I used to do it alot in my FM10 game (I was sure that Rotherham could beat Man U if I kept trying) But I have given it up now. Its just not as fun

Thats football mate surely? you were unlucky, qualify next season with a bigger and better squad.

I'v Honestly done in on a few occasions but lately i'v started to resist.

When this kind of things happen I normally just raged by slamming my keyboard for a number of times before shutting down my com without saving. I do have anger management issues. :S

The only time I've ever done it is when I've had a game crash and lost a previous result that I've already earned. So I just replay until I achieve the same or similar result, and carry on playing normally. Touchwood I've not had to do this for years.

I've never re-played a game because I felt injustice though. Sure, I've felt injustice many many times, but not to the point I need to restart. I lost the last game of the season, costing me promotion in my Aylesbury Utd game. Sure, it hurt, but that's Football. Plus I don't feel like I'd have earned it if I just played the match over and over until I got a result to assure promotion.

Not saying it's wrong. Play the game how you want to play.....it's just not for me.

i never save then load before each match it will probably be time consuming but i do admit i use this ( cheat ) for my board request like improving facilities or feeder clubs since the board are a pain in the ***

Having lost a lot of fun saves in previous FM versions i am tempted to save constantly but the main reason i normally save is when i have a job offer i am tempted to accept, that way if i find the new club less enjoyable to play i can always go back & stay at my original club.

I save weekley since my PC has a habit of spontaniously shutting down or crashing when it feels like it. I haven't 'rage-quit' since FM11 and now find it more enjoyable t take the result on the chin and try again next year.

Football is not about getting what you deserve, Celtic didn't deserve to loose 0-3 and Juventus deserved to have two men sent off. What you get and what you deserve have nothign in comon when it comes to football.

I always save before and after a match
One of my older saves got corrupted, am keeping extensive backups now. Just in case.

As for reloading? I don't see anything wrong with that. Large part of the fun in simulation games comes from trying different things. I've tested quite a few weird tactics by reloading a match and comparing to previous results, I've also done the same to see what effects extreme weather has on the play. It's not often you get a chance to play during a thunderstorm...or snow in open stadium.

Oh, and those job offers too. Kind of a branching 'what if' scenarios for me: in one save I accept the job, in another I stay at my old club.

vvv There's no management involved in any case. Just a game. Guitar Hero won't make you Slash, and Football Manager won't make you Ferguson.

Last edited:
NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

No sense of achievement if you haven't won anything properly, defeats the whole object of the game because there's no management involved, just computer tricks.

It's what separates the men from the boys (H)