Has anyone brought up a youth product and retired him in the same club? e.g. maldini

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Just wondering, i never managed the same club for more than 10 years so i havent done this. Currently in season 2 of my challenge. about 15 more seasons to go lol.

Has anyone managed to bring a youth product all the way to retirement? i think some of us would be interested in screenshots of their history ^^)

I haven't yet but I'm not far off, my oldest regen is 32 atm

on FM 2008 and 2009 I have but not played past 5 seasons in fm10 yet. hopefully will as really into a game at the mo. have a feeling that fm11 will be out before i get to.

i signed a lad when he was 16 and he played for me in till he retired at the age of 36 and became one of my scouts

Well if yer willing to count Marco Verratti then yes....he became awful after 30 but I kept him on cos I could not stand to sell him after seeing him inspire my Leeds Team to back-to-back league titles

None of my decent regens in any of my games have been from my own academy, despite it being rated at 20/20.

Not sure why, but it honestly doesn't seem to have much bearing on the really good regen players. They seem much more random than anything else.

None of my decent regens in any of my games have been from my own academy, despite it being rated at 20/20.

Not sure why, but it honestly doesn't seem to have much bearing on the really good regen players. They seem much more random than anything else.
The world-class regens are random, but the quality of the regens in general is to do with your youth academy.

I had Jonny Evans in my Man Utd team until he was 30 odd (and I stopped playing the save).

Anyone got a screenie of this? I know that, if they retire outright, they're gone. But if they become a staff member, you can still view their playing history. It'd be interesting to see this.

He is the nearest i've got , sign him when he was 16 and he played for me for 20 years then retired and became one of my scouts

He is the nearest i've got , sign him when he was 16 and he played for me for 20 years then retired and became one of my scouts

Wow, and a great scout he is. Dedication that is, and loyalty. :D