Has anyone made a patch from the 80's or 90's?

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone had made a patch from the past. Think it would be ace to play with Napoli in there Maradona hay day, do a fergie and rebuild man utd among many other scenarios that would be great

Wouldnt it be fixed to a certain extent because we know what and how everything has happened so the computer would always come out with the same results? We would know to look for wayne rooney, cristiano ronaldo, messi, etc.

Wouldnt it be fixed to a certain extent because we know what and how everything has happened so the computer would always come out with the same results? We would know to look for wayne rooney, cristiano ronaldo, messi, etc.

Think your missing the point mate. He just wants to know if anybody has created a database of the previous legends of the game. FM wont re create real players like messi and ronaldo.
Fm doesnt follow a strict code so everything would be different.

Back to the original question now. I havnt seen a mass edit of a legends database for fm11 yet but there is a small database that adds 50 of the greatest players to the existing database. They are added to the club that they were most famous at and all players are 24-26.
There isnt a complete database of a specific decade as it involves a lot of work.

If you want to try the data edit i mentioned above heres the link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3663

It lists all the players included in it.

They probably wouldn't be as good as they turned out to be irl.
Remember the legends of FM98??

would be great but it would take so so long to edit a decade of stuff in :)

it would be great to buy players like Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Maradonna,...

Think your missing the point mate. He just wants to know if anybody has created a database of the previous legends of the game. FM wont re create real players like messi and ronaldo.
Fm doesnt follow a strict code so everything would be different.

The Baseball Manager franchise does this. If you start in a given year it will bring real players into the game at appropriate times. Makes it a little too easy to amass talent.

Last edited:
Really awesome idea. Be nice to play with some of the greats/classics of the game.
It would be cool too if SI maybe made a classic version of FM so to speak...in my opinion anyways.
Pick say an era to manage from and go from there.

preparing a database for the fans of the past
will be no restriction of foreign players like then (2 strangers), differentiated by the league, except England, where epitrepotousan all from Britain (Scottish, Irish Welsh etc), the old scoring system 2-1-0,
groups that was at its peak at that time in their leagues (eg. Derby county, QPR, Nott Forest)
leagues also the united yugoslavia, Soviet Union, and corresponding national teams.Can not be deleted subsequent new nations such as Ukraine, Lithuania, Slovenia, Bosnia, just as there are no teams in this tournament ie the Dynamo Kiev will be held in Soviet union.don’t wait to see villareal, la Coruna, and some since then there were the football map.
Players will be a small mixing of the 70’s, so we can enjoy some greats of that era as George Best, Bobby Moore, Keegan, Cryjff, Pele, Eusebio, ie them born from 1940 to 1964.to reasoning is not to highlight players, moreover we know who will be super in those years .. but you get the titles then good teams at that time ... Think of the competitiveness of England at the time, not just Manchester Chelsea and Arsenal as now Think .. and the 2-1-0 scoring system that will have upheaval; and without foreigners. We are talking about 3000 players will have the file in half and something rather Souper class As you are now only with Ronaldo and Messi to pa> 180. and national; think you got the capacity of that of Belgium Poland Austria Yugoslavia in those years .. what great players were nonexistent today in the football map.
I did a search in the curent abbility Poland and the best was to hear about 150.you know Deyna, Lato, Szarmach, Boniek what fantastic players were;
I'm not going to defend it just to place that refers to this category of gamers.Se those who want to showcase talent there is the classic FM
a video with Anderlecht's Resenbrink and Van himst to dissolve the Defence of Milan's Rivera and Bigon etcc
</SPAN>[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mch0N9okl9o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mch0N9okl9o[/ame]

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I am from greece...preparing a database for the fans of the past
there is limit of foreign players like then (2 strangers), differentiated by the league, except England, where allowed all from Britain islands (Scottish, Irish Welsh etc), and the old scoring system 2-1-0,
groups that was at its peak at that time in their leagues (eg. Derby county, QPR, Nott Forest)
leagues also the united yugoslavia, Soviet Union, and corresponding national teams.Can not be deleted subsequent new nations such as Ukraine, Lithuania, Slovenia, Bosnia, just as there are no teams in this tournament ie the Dynamo Kiev will be held in Soviet union.don’t wait to see villareal, la Coruna, and some since then there were the football map.
Players will be a small mixing of the 70’s, so we can enjoy some greats of that era as George Best, Bobby Moore, Keegan, Cryjff, Pele, Eusebio, ie them born from 1940 to 1964.to reasoning is not to highlight players, moreover we know who will be super in those years .. but you get the titles then good teams at that time ... Think of the competitiveness of England at the time, not just Manchester Chelsea and Arsenal as now Think .. and the 2-1-0 scoring system that will have upheaval; and without foreigners. We are talking about 3000 players will have the file in half and something rather Super class As you are now only with C.Ronaldo and Messi to pa> 180. and national; think you got the capacity of that of Belgium Poland Austria Yugoslavia in those years .. what great players were nonexistent today in the football map.
I did a search in the curent abbility Poland and the best was to hear about 150.you know Deyna, Lato, Szarmach, Boniek what fantastic players were;
I'm not going to defend it just to place that refers to this category of gamers.Se those who want to showcase talent there is the classic FM
a video with Anderlecht's Resenbrink and Van himst to dissolve the Defence of Milan's Rivera and Bigon etcc
</SPAN>[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mch0N9okl9o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mch0N9okl9o[/ame]