Has anyone tried using a sport director for every transfer?

Shotten

Reaction score
I'm playing an online save with 3 friends, and we decided that only the sporting director can find and buy players. So he has every assignement in transfer.

So far we are going into the second season and at the day of the first league match, we’ve signed a total of 2 players(both extremely bad - below 2 stars)

Has anyone tried experimenting with a sport director like this or
Is there a way to make our sporting director go after specifc positions or make him hurry a little more?

Note: We don't want to be involved at all with transfers.

I'm playing an online save with 3 friends, and we decided that only the sporting director can find and buy players. So he has every assignement in transfer.

So far we are going into the second season and at the day of the first league match, we’ve signed a total of 2 players(both extremely bad - below 2 stars)

Has anyone tried experimenting with a sport director like this or
Is there a way to make our sporting director go after specifc positions or make him hurry a little more?

Note: We don't want to be involved at all with transfers.
To use efficiently sporting director in fm 2023 you need to take part in all scouting meetings.
- Discuss which position need strengthening and what type of players you need (Starters etc) If you avoid this part he will buy only the obvious omissions from squad planner like if you have 1 for LB he will get a second being a back up he WONT try improve your squad since you don't ask about it (make search assignments)
- Sporting director ISN'T your scout the base scouting on fm23 is worse than fm22 ngl but overall if you micromanage it you get better results.
- HE ISN'T searching for players to improve your squad
- He is searching for players compliment your squad. So if you have only 1 left back he will go buy you a back up but if you have 3 **** left backs he see the position as covered.
My advice is:
1) Find a director of football having 15+ (Neg. +JPA + JPPA ) playing same system as you do and has tendencies that fit your playstyle if possible.
2)Get each nation you feel can produce cheap enough players fitting your team (since if you go for example England won't really be able buy good players for cheap) search CA 3*+ PA 4*+ then he will have a better variety of players to sign for you.
3)Add 2 more search focus for end of contracts 1 for Europe one for South America this will give even more cheap/free options to your director of football
4) Remove from squad planner for this & next season players you wanna sell the game can't think for you you need do that yourself :p i know squad planner is trash but if you are going to play with fm rules (DOF challenge) you need follow their own way of playing.
5) Players you don't need or use put them on reserves & for sale that 1) won't impact your squad morale by their complains 2) won't make the DOF think of them as back up for a position.