lucky450

Reaction score
So yesterday I decided to start the pentagon challenge. I loaded Loaded Brazil, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, and U.S.A.

Got the job with Chunnam Dragons of the K-League, when they were halfway through the season. They were on 10th position when I took over with 14 matches remaining(Top 6 teams qualify for the playoffs).

View attachment 274121

After signing a good midfielder and making some tactical alterations, I managed to finish fourth, and qualify for the playoffs. I eventually won the playoffs, and was crowned the champion of the K-League.

View attachment 274122

View attachment 274123

I'll try to keep you guys updated as I play the game :)
And I would really like if you guys could give me suggestions on how to improve this story.

Last edited:
After looking at my fixture list, I wanted to win atleast 3 of my first 5 matches, as only Pohang and Seoul were a little difficult teams to beat.

View attachment 274224

I have also made a couple of new signings till now, 4 of which are free.

View attachment 274227

I was happy with my capture of Renato and Shin Young-Rok, as I needed better strikers for this season. Most probably, I won't be signing any new players as my transfer budget has finished and I'm barely in my wage budget right now.

Last edited:
Asian Champions League draw was also made, and thankfully, I was in a relatively easy group.

View attachment 274232

My 1st competitive fixture was an Asian Champions League match against Persipura of Indonesia, which ended 3 - 1 in my favor thanks to Javier Reina's hattrick.
Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail, Renato and Shin Young-Rok were given their debuts in this match, out of which Renato wasn't to impressive with only a rating of 6.1.

View attachment 274235

My 2nd Asian Champions League match was against Hamamatsu Rafale of Japan. Because of Renato 's performance in the last match, I decided to keep him on the bench in this match and play Kim Seong-Kyun instead.
Kim Seong-Kyun scored a hattrick this time and Renato scored his first goal for us, coming on as a substitute.

View attachment 274236

And after the first two Asian Champions League matches, I'm in the 1st position in Group H.

View attachment 274237

Last edited:
Throughout the last season, my players kept on complaining about the Fitness coach, so I decided to hire one finally. Along with that, I hired a new Coach, a new Scout, and a new Physio.

View attachment 274256 View attachment 274260 View attachment 274258 View attachment 274259

My 3rd fixture was my 1st K-League match of this season against Gwangju FC. I didn't make any changes and played the same team which played the last match.
Kim Seoung-Kyun and Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail scored 1 goal each. It was Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail's first goal for us.

View attachment 274247

Next fixture was ACL match against Liaoning, a Chinese club. This was sort of a Korea vs China match, so I had to win it for the country.

View attachment 274249

Next up were Pohang and Busan. Both of these matches were a bit difficult, so I was hoping for a draw in these matches. But guess what

View attachment 274248 View attachment 274253

Highlight of the match against Busan? Most of their fans started too leave in the 70th minute :p

My new signing, Shin Young-Rok (bought for $1.5M), has been really disappointing, and hasn't scored any goal yet. So I decided to start him from the bench now.

Next fixture was an ACL match against Persipura. I had won the first match against them with ease, so I decided to give other players a chance and made 4 changes.

View attachment 274254

Shin Young-Rok finally scored in this match. After winning this match, I qualified for the Second Round of the ACL. I still have 2 group matches left.

View attachment 274255

The month of April started with a K-League match against Suwon.

View attachment 274410

I was really worried when Kim Seong-Kyun injured himself, that too in the 88th minute, as he was my main goalscorer, but it wasn't a really big issue as it was only a minor knock.

Next, Channum were to face Hamamatsu Rafale in the ACL group match. As we had already qualified for the next round, it wasn't an important match.

View attachment 274411

After this match, Yoo Ji-No, Jang Hak-Young and Kim Sung-Hwan were suspended for one match because of three yellow cards.

Next up was Seoul, who are favourites to win the K-League. It was an important match for me because beating them would mean we could beat any other team easily. I fielded my strongest team possible against them, hoping that I would get something out of this match.

View attachment 274412

And thanks to my new signings, I was able to win this match with ease. I was delighted as I didn't expect to score 4 against them.

After Seoul, we were to face Daejon, who were supposed to be an easy team to beat. Kim Seong-Kyun and Rim Chang-Woo were unavailable for this match due to international duty.

View attachment 274413

Hwang Sun Pil suffered a knock in this match and was out for 2-4 days, whereas, Renato was out for 2-3 months. Losing Renato is a bitter blow to my chances.

View attachment 274414 View attachment 274415

For the next match, I was facing Daegu. Thankfully, Hwang Sun Pil recovered before this match.

View attachment 274416

This was my first defeat this season, and only my second since I started managing Chunnam. Along with this defeat, I also lost another striker, Javier Reina, for 2 months(talk about rubbing salt on your wounds). Another great loss.

View attachment 274417

Korean FA Cup 3rd round draw was also made. I were to face Incheon Korail for the 3rd round. It's quite an easy draw, and I should easily qualify for the next round.

View attachment 274418

My next fixture was ACL match was against Liaoning, of China. 3 of my players were suspended and 2 were injured, so I could only play 2 subs. It was a risk but I had nothing to lose.

View attachment 274419

Youngster Lee Jong Ho scored his first goal for us, ending his goal drought. I got Guangzhou, another Chinese club, for my ACL second round.

View attachment 274420

My last match of April was against Gangwon.

View attachment 274421

Kim Seong-Kyun scored his 20th goal this season in that match. Erandir, another one of my main defender, got injured in this match, and couldn't play for 3-4 weeks.

View attachment 274422

Overall, despite some great results, I was disappointed with the injuries.

Is anybody even following my story? Cuz if no-one is then there's no point in writing :/