Hauru no ugoku shiro

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Or Howl's Moving Castle - imdb link

Plot Summary
A love story between an 18-year-old girl named Sophie, cursed by a witch into an old woman's body, and a magician named Hauru. Under the curse, Sophie sets out to seek her fortune, which takes her to Hauru's strange Moving Castle. In the castle, Sophie meets Hauru's fire demon, named Calcifer. Seeing that she is under a curse, the demon makes a deal with Sophie;--if she breaks the contract he is under with Hauru, then Calcifer will lift the curse that Sophie is under, and she will return to her 18-year-old shape.

Can't wait for this to be released over here, I've been following it for a while now. It's by the director of Spirited Away. It screens on September 23rd i think.

Might have to go see if not just for this quote:

"Move it, Grandma! Or you'll lose your nose! "

lol. Better not be another 'Pishy *** Film' :(

bild_howls_moving_castle_gross.jpg

Does that answer your question James?

Just looks like a 'Pishy Animated Film' now Lee.

If its as good as Spirited Away then I will deffinately go and see it,

Wasnt Spirited away about a horse who could think like a human or something along those lines?

Movie sounds ok, not too sure if its my cuppa tea, havent heard anything about it til now. I do like the odd *** Animes though.

No Jamie Spirited Away didn't even have a horse in it. Not sure what film you're thinking of.

Jamie said:
Wasnt Spirited away about a horse who could think like a human or something along those lines?

Think that was just called Spirit.

Jamie said:

Movie sounds ok, not too sure if its my cuppa tea, havent heard anything about it til now. I do like the odd *** Animes though.
This is what you're thinking about... imdb link

This is Spirited away imdb link....

Chihiro and her family are on their way to their new house in the suburbs when her father decides to take a shortcut along a lonely- looking dirt road. After getting out of the car and walking along a path for a while, they discover an open-air restaurant filled with food but with no workers or customers present. Mom and Dad don't hesitate to sit down and dig in, but Chihiro senses danger and refuses. As night falls, she is terrified to see the area fill with faceless spirits, but when she runs to find her parents, she discovers that they have been turned into pigs. She is found by a mysterious boy named Haku, who promises to help her. He gets her a job working in a nearby building, which turns out to be a spa hotel for the thousands of Japan's gods and spirits. Though the work is hard and the people strange, she does as well as she can. Her parents, however, are still waiting in the hotel's stockyard, and Chihiro must find a way to break the spell on them before they end up as the main course of some guest's dinner.

Yeah that what I was thinking of.

Ok so will this movie be released in the cinemas or will it just be a DVD release?

It's already won 3 awards and has been nominated for 2 other awards. Awards.