Havant A Clue – A Havant & Waterlooville Story

Reaction score
Havant A Clue – A Havant & Waterlooville Story

View attachment 292873

View attachment 292874

With the new Blue Square South season just around the corner Havant & Waterlooville have today announced 25 year old Jamie Willis as there new manager. Even with his lack of managerial experience Havant chairman Derek Pope is pleased to have got his man stating that he believes Willis can take the club to 'bigger and better things'. Willis has signed a one year contract at Westleigh Park but has already stated his delight and being appointed Havant manager and it is believed that he will be looking to stay for longer than his current deal suggests.

Squad

Unfortunatelydue to not having an assistant manager I cannot produce a team reportfor my current squad. I will be looking into my players carers andstats to try and get an understanding of the players I have at mydisposal.

Staff

One of the major talking points in the interviews before my arrival was that the club currently has a lack of backroom staff. The only staff that the club does have is Adi Aymes (Fitness Coach) and Phil Ashwell (Head Physio). I was willing to start work under these conditions because it meant that although straight away I wouldn’t have no assistant or scout reports, I could bring in people that I think would improve the club and help take the club forward. With Adi being a non contract member of the staff if I decide to bring in a fitness coach of my own I will not have to pay compensation.

View attachment 292875 View attachment 292876

As you can see from the screenshots above my physio Phil Ashwell has a very poor rating for a physio. This will certainly be something that I will be looking at fixing in the first few weeks as having a physio with a better rating will reduce injury recovery time.

Transfers

Being a semi professional club I knew that there wouldn’t be much money made available for me to spend on transfers. This means that I am going to look into the loan market or see what players are available on free transfers. Mr Pope hasn’t given me any money to spend on transfers but has given me a wage budget of £5,190. With the current wage budget of the squad at £4,895 it leaves me with £300 per week to spend on improving the squad.

Pre Season Fixtures

The chairman had already set up a pre season fixture list for the incoming manager but upon arrival I decided that even though it would have been a good 'work out' for my side I would rearrange majority of the fixtures. The fixtures that I have arranged are;

Fri 27/07/12 – GE Hamble (Away)
Tues 31/07/12 – Fareham Town (Away)
Sat 04/08/12 – Portsmouth (Home)
Weds 08/08/12 –Aldershot Town (Home)
Sun 12/08/12 – Bognor Regis Town (Away)

Last edited:
Note: For some unkown reason the friendly proposals hadn't gone through hence meaning that my only actually scheduled pre season game would be Portsmouth at home. Where the proposals where still showing I couldn't alter or cancel them. Due to this I wont be continuing this story. I will have a think over the coming days and hopefully start a new one soon.