Havant and Waterlooville to the premier league.

Aston Villan

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to show you my journey as a new manager trying to get to the big time.

My adventure began very slowly as I started unemployed and the only jobs available were ones which i could never get ( I still applied and declared my interesr in them but as you know it's though :S).As I had set my past expierence as a Sunday league player it took me untill the 5th of January to jet a job at a club called Havant and Waterloo I was offered a one year contract wit a wage of £600 which I was fairly pleased with. As a Conference South club I was expecting a transfer budget of zero. However, the most disappointing thing was the wage bill, I coudn't improve the club unless I got rid of a few players first. I didn't really no what to do and I only got rid of three players on free transfers.

January:

So then I had my first game in charge against Dartford we were around 17th when we started the match and the media had predicted that we would finish 7th which was looking impossible. In my first game we started poorly conceding to a 6th minute goal but then Kevin Gall who I had recently signed as I wasn't bothered about the finances scored in the 14th minute. So at half time we were heading for a draw which would have been useful, then straight after the break (in the 49th minute) they scored and we were heading for the relegation places but then after a triple substution in the 55th minute and a tweak in my tactics my left back Craig Braham-Barrett scored in the 69th minute. But then we lost to a cheap goal scored in the 80th minute, my first game ended in defeat. My second game wasn't an improvement either we lost 2-1 to Maidenhead. My third game was much more positive we were playing Dover who were placed 2nd but we had the home advantage and we managed to get a point from that as Dan Thompson on loan from Portsmouth scored. My first victory came against Chelmsford and my right backed scored a stunner to get the three points.

February:

We continued our good form by getting a 2-1 away win against Eastborn boro. Then we beat Weston-super-Mare 3-0. But then we lost 2-1 to a strong Eastleigh side. In the last game of the month we beat a weak Dorchester side 3-0 we dominated the game and converted some of our chances so I was really pleased about this game.

March:

We started March with two tricky games first up one against Bromley and one against Salisbury. We played Bromley first and managed to nick a 1-0 win, but we lost to Salisbury 3-2 which I was expecting. Then we had an easier game against Hampton and Richmond which we won 2-0 and we weren't really troubled. Then we played Sutton and we suprised everyone by beating them with ease at home. We won 3-0. The last game of the month came against a Staines team preforming above expectations and so I was happy with a 2-1 win.

April:

My first game of the month was against Basingstoke which we won 2-0 yet we didn't play well and really should hae lost. Another poor preformance against Farnborough but we converted our chances and won 2-0 (I'm starting to see a pattern here). Then we played Truro and won 2-1 and actually played some decent football. Then came the last game of the season against Thurrock, we dominated and they didn't play very well but we failed to convert. We missed out on a playoff spot by 2 points and finished 7th.

So that was my first season in charge and I have now set myself the task of getting Havant and Waterlooville to the prem. All comments are welcomed.

P.s I got offered a one year extension on my contract and they increased my wage to £625.
Hope you enjoyed reading.:D

Last edited: