have whole team look for pass instead of a shot?

bjdarkblue

Reaction score
ive been wondering how to have whole team look for pass instead of a shot? i know you can do that with individual players, but how with the whole team?possible?

Why would you want to do that? :S

You could just use the shout 'Work ball into box' to minimise long shots or manually set the whole teams long shots to rarely.

when i read the thread title the first thing that came into my mind is "if everyone looks for the pass, who in gods name will be the man to score the goal?"

Tharros is spot on, what you want is work ball into box, you can slow down the tempo too.

ive been wondering how to have whole team look for pass instead of a shot? i know you can do that with individual players, but how with the whole team?possible?

Could you perhaps rewrite the question ?. Should it have been " How can the whole team move upfield as an unit, dragging the opposition out of position by using triangles instead of some players instantly going for goal, taking a longshot " ?

Well ive got the opposite my players never look for a through ball but a 40yrd shot i need help please

Well ive got the opposite my players never look for a through ball but a 40yrd shot i need help please

If i read it correctly, i think that its exactly the same problem as the OP raised rather than the opposite.

Anyway, this is mots often because your attacking players consider them selves to be at the end of the move whilst being to far down the pitch.
Either, they run towards goal to often or they simply lack support, players form behind moving into channels. It could of course be tons of other reasons but in a otherwise well balanced tactic, this is often the most common mistake

Last edited:
no my players look for a shot rather than a thorugh ball and how do i stop it

That the same problem that the OP has. I edited my previous post at the same time as you posted yours. :D

"Anyway, this is mots often because your attacking players consider them selves to be at the end of the move whilst being to far down the pitch.
Either, they run with the ball towards goal too often or they simply lack support, players form behind moving into channels. It could of course be tons of other reasons but in a otherwise well balanced tactic, this is often the most common mistake"

Last edited:
Try setting players to low creative freedom, it will make them look for a simple pass rather than a shot

no my players look for a shot rather than a thorugh ball and how do i stop it
Use the sideline shout "Work Ball Into Box" to reduce the number of long shots. Also, "Pass Into Space" will increase the number of throughballs. Finally, try pushing up your defensive line (assuming you've got a decent team).