JamieFm91

Reaction score
Have you ever been sacked? if so what team and what for e.g. failing to win anything or going on a losing streak

Just curious because me and the friends i know who play this game have never been sacked although i think i might get sacked in this save seeing as i'm united and the only chance i have of winning something this year is if City screw up one of their fixtures in the last 4 games

Anyone have any experiences? [:

I was sacked as the Napoli Manager once because i didn't win a Serie A title after 2 seasons. But i won the Europa league and finished 2nd in the A in my last season. Apparently i should have won it...even though i had half the salary and transfer budget of 40% of the league! Was also sacked as the Welsh national team manager after losing in the playoffs for the Euro cup. Sad really, Was playing as Ian Rush haha!

I played as Man City and bought a while team of Scottish players, got sacked for being 11th in the league in December, still won all my CL and cup games lol

Never, actually. I've been close with Enga though, but I've always turned it around.

I have, I think it was FM07 with Spurs for being about half way throguh the season. Haven't been sacked since though :)

In FM2010, I was Arsenal, took a few seasons but lots of Youngsters came through and I won a triple, then went on to win every Premier League title from 2013-2017, and the Champion's League every other year and a few league cups and FA Cups.

But alas at the start of the 17/18 season, Arsenal gained a new chairman after my easiest CL victory and another great FA cup title and ofcouse the PL. And he decided that he wanted a new change of direction (to losing ways) so I retired on a high.

From Leicester. Had a bad first half of league with some disappointing results. Since october sack was looming over my head, but each time the news said I needed a result, I got it. Players started to express their worry about our underachieving situation in november. Despite all of that, the team was going between seventh and tenth position, just between one and four points away from promotion play off which was the set objective for the season. In Decembe the players had started to know each other and the playing was improving, also the tactical touches I had implemented seemed to start to click and I was sure that I was going to go up and be in promotion play off, maybe with a chance to earn direct promotion (never got further than 8 points from second place), then with the boards confidence not in the worst point, I lose a match against rivals with a lucky goal and got the sack.

Since I had a second game the Leicester had been fighting for attention I just switched to the other and deleted the Leicester one. An annoying sacking, since they had not done it in various moments before when it would've been understandable and do it precisely when it looked like the team was starting to work. (Btw, Lloyd Dyer looks mediocre, but he can be quite useful).

Got sacked by Chelsea after second season for going that season trophyless even though I came 2nd, got to CL semis and fa and carling cup semis and first season I won both cups. I was in the process of building a younger squad and given time I could of proberly won alot of things but ohwell thats Abramovich for you. I took over at Utd after Chelsea sacked me due to Fergie retiring.

Yes. For finishing 2nd in Prem. Even though I took Torquay from League 2 to European football. I hope they implode :mad:

No because I emit awesomeness (H)

Seriously though, never been sacked in FM. Last time I was sacked was cm3 back in 98. Was about 7 seasons in and got sacked by real madrid for finishing 2nd.

With Milan on FM10. Won the Serie A/Italian Cup 1st season, Italian Cup/Champions League Runners Up 2nd season, and in the 3rd season I got sacked after I lost 3-0 to Inter. I was 3rd in the league and in the knockout stages of the Champions League. :( Brought some great players in!!!!

No, but I have been in a period of employment transition.

I've been given the "Last game" headline, but never been sacked.

I was fired by Brazil for only reaching the WC Quarter Final's in FM 2011. At club level, though, I've never been fired.

Licester sacked me in my 3rd season. Got them promoted in 2nd, then stayed up in 17th by a point, then the next year I was 18th in February, loads of time to pick up points and survive, but got sacked instead.

Whatever success you bring to your clup; if you don't achieve again for the very coming next season- then you will be doomed.
The more you give silver ware to clup, you will be asked to deliver more. Especially; the big guns have no patient. Also; they will get someone with less specs than you!!!

Actually i told a lie i have been sacked...Just remembered the times i got sacked in FM 2008 when i would give the board an ultimatum to give me more Funds and they'd kick me out lol...fun naive times :D

FM10 - 4th season with Palermo, after leading the team to a CL Final, and a flattering 2nd place in the Serie A (2 times), after making Abel Hernandez the best player in Europe... Dudes sacked me. Board was clearly on crack.