Sulsey

Reaction score
To get a Blue Square South/North side into the Premiership?

What were the hardest problems you had to overcome?

Mine was getting the correct infrastructure in place.

Did it in FM2010 with Fleetwood.

I think the obvious one was the buying the right players and trying to fit the best formation with the best players.

Not forgetting the difficult challenge of keeping in the Prem after being promoted.

I didn't do it with a conference team but I took Barnet to champions league football in FM10.

In the first season in the prem we played at Upton Park whilst they sorted our stadium out expanding it from 4,900 to 14,000 eventually it went up to 21,000. If you can stay up first season the revenue that you bring in from the final position and TV deals sets you up nicely.

In my first season in the championship I finished 6th and then lost in the play off final. I think if i'd gone straight up first season I probably would of come back down.

Last edited:
Im part way through a challenge at the moment - in League Two with Woking after succesive promotions.

Infasturcture seems not to be a problem - Ive got the board to expand scouting areas, build a youth acadamy, upgrade facilities by issuing ultimatums.

My issue is at the moment attracting the sort of players who will be good enough for league 1 once I go up. A small wage budget means I have to be looking for next year when handing out 2-3 year contracts and the quality of players who will come to me just arent good enough!

would luv to do this but really can't and just give up

Did it in FM2010 with Fleetwood.

I think the obvious one was the buying the right players and trying to fit the best formation with the best players.

Not forgetting the difficult challenge of keeping in the Prem after being promoted.

Yeah staying in the Prem was a problem to begin with, first season I struggled at the beginning but managed to stay up and then achieved 8th the next season. Made some purchases and now:
2rwxod0.png

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Im part way through a challenge at the moment - in League Two with Woking after succesive promotions.

Infasturcture seems not to be a problem - Ive got the board to expand scouting areas, build a youth acadamy, upgrade facilities by issuing ultimatums.

My issue is at the moment attracting the sort of players who will be good enough for league 1 once I go up. A small wage budget means I have to be looking for next year when handing out 2-3 year contracts and the quality of players who will come to me just arent good enough!

I suggest looking at younger players, you can get some real quality on a small wage, most young players are pacey which is a bonus in lower leagues.

Yeah staying in the Prem was a problem to begin with, first season I struggled at the beginning but managed to stay up and then achieved 8th the next season. Made some purchases and now:
2rwxod0.png

Would you mind uploading that save mate?

Been looking for one similar to my Fleetwood one from FM2010.

AFC Wimbledon (Blue Square South) in Football Manager 2008. Reached the Premier League in 12 seasons.

Obviously not the quickest that has been done, but I was proud of it nonetheless.

Yeah sure, how do I go about doing that? Sorry, I'm new here.

Use this site

Click the blue button that says "Select File and Begin Upload".

The files located at (My) Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\games

Wait for it to upload then there should be a link, then just post the link here :)

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I suggest looking at younger players, you can get some real quality on a small wage, most young players are pacey which is a bonus in lower leagues.

Ive got Oliver Norwood after he was released by Man U - hes a real gem! My other good young player is off in Jan - got offered £200K for him, so cant say no to that kind of money!

Apart from that, I seem to be struggling to attract the younger players. Im going to manualy check the entire African Continents under 21/20/18 teams for regens that have EU nationalities and see if I can spend that 200K on some decent players!

Ive got Oliver Norwood after he was released by Man U - hes a real gem! My other good young player is off in Jan - got offered £200K for him, so cant say no to that kind of money!

Apart from that, I seem to be struggling to attract the younger players. Im going to manualy check the entire African Continents under 21/20/18 teams for regens that have EU nationalities and see if I can spend that 200K on some decent players!

Yeah that's what I did, snap up the quality youngsters released by bigger clubs. Check all the U21 teams, filter a search by say under 22 and filter with international caps (E.g. At least 10), find some gems there too. Make sure you always admire/declare interest in youngsters, seems to unsettle them easier and they want to move to you, seemed to work with me..

2rwxod0.png

Who did you sign?

Who did you sign?

My team now is obviously based around regens, I will be uploading my save if you want top have a look at my team and my history.

I'm briefly going to a friends house, when I get there I will post my save and answer any questions and post any screen shot requests.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

The download for my save is here:

http://www.filefront.com/17687643/Havant & W.fm

Let me know what you think.