Have you ever successfully used a Trequartista?

• Thread starter Thread starter riap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 31K

riap

Reaction score
I mean because of them never making forward runs, it's impossible to use them as a lone strikers..
And pairing them with poachers didn't work for me either..
The deep lying forward or the complete forward always gets better results for me.. (paired with a poacher)
Share the experience's you had with tq, cause i could use some help..:P

no I don't use them, barely offer anything to the team, I use a good closing down/pressing system, I always change my instructions per position anyway so the roles don't actually resemble the actual default instructions...

But I don't anyway...

Players like Del Piero, Berbatov, Totti are treq's and are only used well when you are a top 8 team with the right players and right approach, the only time I ever use something similar is when I have a slow AMC...

Tried them both in AMC and ST but doesn't work at all. Used them as AMC in 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 but they never perform no matter what players I have ( tried with David Silva, Ibra, Cassano, VdV,Berbatov, etc) and I use default PI and set as my team's playmaker. The main problem is they drop too deep (probably because they don't make any run from deep) and not making any dangerous run although they had move in channel and roaming, and hardly making any key passes. I also found that whenever I use them my team struggle in possession because they never close down. Tried increasing closing down and run from deep to sometimes but still don't work. I still something must be wrong with the default PI but I want to hear from someone that has successfully use a treq

I have never actually tried, I might just have to make a tactic that utilizes one correctly :)

Challenge accepted :P

just kidding, going to mess around with it see what I can get up to ;)

I've used Rossi as a treq. with two wingers cutting inside in a 4-5-1 for tricky away games and he's wrecked Inter, Barca, Real numerous times.

I used messi are Treq with Sanchez and Inesta as attacking midfielders with Xavi in the MC as deap laying playmaker.

2 DMs Anchorman and Defencive midfielder.

But as barce anythig will work aha.

Its all about just trying new things.

I use one whenever possible. Players like Van Der Vaart are expecially epic in the role.

I used Tevez on that role in a 4-1-1-3-1 and he was a beast. Dont know the specific duties, but for counter attack its a very good role

On FM11 I used a treq pretty successfully. I played a 4-1-2-1-2 and had the AMC playing in the False 9 role that was in that awesome Chalkboard thread with one of the strikers dropping deep and the other playing as a poacher. It basically acted as a front three but with the AMC making aggressive runs into the holes opened by the deeplying forward. If I wasn't so lazy when it came to making tactics I would try to recreate it since I do enjoy a realistic seeming tactic, but I enjoy plug and plays that win all the time more.

I've never had a successful striker. Well, regen Juan Pablo Sánchez Moya somewhere in my FM10 Burgos story and Iván Rosado in my FM09 Crewe story but it was a matter not as much of the roles I assigned them, but the sheer speed of the former and the intelligence of the later.

In a recent match in which I played two strikers in front of an attacking midfielder, AF, T, AM-A it did show its potential dragging defenders out of place. Unfortunately the other players didn't manage to appropriately exploit his movements. Otherwise, I've tried it little and my attacking midfielders (as 95% matches I play a deep 4-2-3-1) are simply mediocre when it comes to face the goalkeeper. Probably I could try it some time with the AMC as I have a striker I think would be able to work well with a trequartista.

I am using a 4-6-0 system and if u want to work with a treq, you need your entire team have a specific set of PPMs and the treq have also shoot with power and shoot from distance if you would like to make it good. Totti and Sigguroson are good as a lone AMC treq and Bojan and Erick Torres are good as alone forward treq.

I find that using them as the central striker in a 4-3-3 formation with 3 strikers can pay off. Not because the player himself does especially good but because of the way it helps the team overall. With no forward runs, they are always on offer for the midfielders to pass to and also because the player plays deeper than the two wider strikers it offers them more space to attack and draws out the central defenders.

No, but then after a dozen games i always have best success playing without AMC at all. I mean it sort of works, but its always more beneficial for me to either have extra player in midfield or just an extra striker. I even tried other people's tactics that claimed to utilise AMC and did not see noticeable improvements.

So i'm not quite sure if its the problem with build-in instructions for Treqs.

I'm playing with river in 2016 currently and Jorge Correa as AMC is raping everyone for me, he got like 53 assists and 11 goals in 55 games last season.
I play a wide 4-1-2-1-2
------------GK
RB---CB------CB-------LB
----------DM
RM------------------LM
----------Treq
------St-----ST

i try neymar on AMC as trequartista, so far he scored 19/21 appearance in half of season, and rooney act as False nine striker (DLF-S).

I'm playing with river in 2016 currently and Jorge Correa as AMC is raping everyone for me, he got like 53 assists and 11 goals in 55 games last season.
I play a wide 4-1-2-1-2
------------GK
RB---CB------CB-------LB
----------DM
RM------------------LM
----------Treq
------St-----ST

Upload please

I played Robin Van Persie as a lone striker with trequartista role and he ended the season with around 25+ goals and 25+ assists.

In my view they can work but only in very specific circumstances like a counter attacking 4-1-2-1-2 where you already stand off the opponents, You need players (like Death Ball mentions) who are either very fast or very intelligent though, because if they aren't then its pointless giving them the creative freedom.

Allenman's use of a treq seems like one of the more effective ways of using them (I've used an Inside forward (AMCa) in the same sort of role) it can be very effective but you will need to adapt the rest of your attack for the treq.

The only time I've done well with a Treq was FM11, where I played a 4-2-1-3:

-----GK-----
RB-CB-CB-LB
--DLP--AP--
----AM----
-Treq-P-TM-

And it was this regen who excelled there:
View attachment 236012

totti for roma at amc...brilliant.. 20 goals 13 assists...

Back