Have you ever successfully used a Trequartista?

• Thread starter Thread starter riap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 31K
You definitely need the right players to play the role. For me I used Pablo Piatti (FM11) who has similar, but not as good, numbers to Messi, same type of player. They definitely need to be intelligent and technically gifted, like Messi, and good physically (speed, agility, balance) would be an added benefit.

Also, adjusting the player instructions will help a lot, makes them less lazy. To make it work you need them to drop in behind the strikers but also be willing to make runs to join the attack, especially if you have one of your strikers drop deep.

Personally I think it works best for an AMC over with a striker. If you can create a False 10 kind of role out of the player it can be very successful. In something like a 4-2-3-1 it would work great. Have your striker play a role where they drop deep, play inside forwards and have the AMC push forward. Should find a lot of space if your players can do it well.

@alienman So you mean increasing the run from deep?But the default PI for treq is rarely run from deep?I think that's the problem. Whenever I use treq they are very lazy not making any dangerous run to the box and playing many backpass/sideway pass instead of defence splitting ball. Can you post your treq setting because even with the right players (Berbatov Ibra Cassano) I can't get them to perform. I mostly play 4231 with inside forwards and the striker set to poacher to give the amc room

You definitely need the right players to play the role. For me I used Pablo Piatti (FM11) who has similar, but not as good, numbers to Messi, same type of player. They definitely need to be intelligent and technically gifted, like Messi, and good physically (speed, agility, balance) would be an added benefit.

Also, adjusting the player instructions will help a lot, makes them less lazy. To make it work you need them to drop in behind the strikers but also be willing to make runs to join the attack, especially if you have one of your strikers drop deep.

Personally I think it works best for an AMC over with a striker. If you can create a False 10 kind of role out of the player it can be very successful. In something like a 4-2-3-1 it would work great. Have your striker play a role where they drop deep, play inside forwards and have the AMC push forward. Should find a lot of space if your players can do it well.

You mean smth like this?
View attachment 236201

@alienman So you mean increasing the run from deep?But the default PI for treq is rarely run from deep?I think that's the problem. Whenever I use treq they are very lazy not making any dangerous run to the box and playing many backpass/sideway pass instead of defence splitting ball. Can you post your treq setting because even with the right players (Berbatov Ibra Cassano) I can't get them to perform. I mostly play 4231 with inside forwards and the striker set to poacher to give the amc room

I got my treq settings from the Amateur Tacticians Chalkboard thread from last season. Someone wrote a nice article about using the False 10 and I have found his role to be very successful.

This is the link, hopefully it gets you to the correct post: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ns-chalkboard-football-manager-2011-a-24.html

Basically you do increase the Run From Deep to Often, set it to Move Into Channels, slightly Attacking and creativity just into Much. There are some other tweaks, but most of those were based on team instructions.

@insanity I think showing a picture of your team's average position and movement would be more helpful than your team's passing. Passing doesn't really show much unless you have ridiculous possession numbers.

i used RVP as a poacher in a previous save at the head of my arsenal attack and worked brilliantly. he scored many goals and made assists for walcott and gervinho on the wings

In my lastest tactic with Man United i've manged to get it to work brilliantly, last two home games two 7-0 victories against Arsenal and Cardiff (who got promoted). Using Hazard....

I'm not going to lie, it has taken me ALOT of time and effort, but in my opinion i've finally managed to get it to work....Some day I'll upload the tactic when I've got a bit more time.....let me know if anyone would be interested, might make me shift my **** and do it lol!

I use Treqs all the time! In Benfica I used Aimar specially, quite good at the role, at Sparta Prague I often used Barazite and Rosicky.

Treq is a role that mix between an advance playmaker, and a deep lying striker. Player in such role must be both a great chance creator (high passing, decision,and crea) and an efficient attacker (good finishing, long shot, off the ball) also, a player in this pos will always be under heavy pressure from opponent defender and mid field (need composure, strength, stamina, concen, anticipation). Thus it's a very demanding role. As the player in this role will stay higher than a playmaker he will have less passing options and lower than a striker he will have less scoring opportunity.
I think one the most important factor for this role is the decision and off the ball attributes of his striking partners (usually the first striker) who will create space or bring himself into good position to receive the killer ball, as well as the mid field who will get the ball and give it to him (as he will not fight for ball).

Basically, for this role to work, aside from a range of great attributes (Passing, creativity, agility, off the ball, stamina, strength, composure, finishing). I suggest a poacher or advanced forward with at least 18 off the ball as a first striker, or at least 2 energetic strikers or inside forwards upfront

SIGURDSSON as treq amc in a 4231. he has 13 goals 19 assists.

i try to use Treq alot in my games he is a role where if you can get the right balance will complete change how your team plays.

my best success is at AZ where i created a 4-2-3-1 with Treq in the middle AMC role with a playmaker on the AMCR and a attacking midfielder on AMCL with a poacher/advanced forward upfront.

Sigurdsson is without a doubt one of best players for this role due to him having all the attributes to make him the best player for this role(i say this as other players used tend to force them to disregard some of their best stats due to the Treq role).

also had success with Berbatov as a Treq since he has the right attributes.

the most important thing to work out is if you play an AMC or ST in this role you need to make up for the fact he will hardly ever make forward runs this usualy means you have another doing that job in my case it was 1 st and 2 other amc's that did all the running and allowed sigurdsson to control games.

Del Piero was a beast in dis role before he retired:'( ..tried to convince him to play one more year but he rejected..Giovinco(training him as a striker n his 3.5stars already) has taken his place to good effect tho i play 4-3-1-2 formation...trequartista role works well for me give the player enough creative freedom but not full attacking mentality so he will also track back.

I learned from my experience that a trequartista is best used as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with 3 AMC behind him. Besides this, I don't see it being a succes.

I used a trequartista twice. First time with Messi. Oviously he was very good and the second time with Di Natale and he was brilliant. 24 goals in 22 appearances, but you need the right player for this role

I have once tried it in one of my saves "West Brom" it worked wonders. I played "Dudu" as a treq scored 15 in 21 games and got 11 assists. Paired him with "Wilfried". But on another save I didn't manage to get him to play de same way, guess u have to be lucky and have the right players per position.

I used siguardson in that role and changed him so that he ran with ball to create a shooting chance and always hit long shots, 23 goals in one season, I now just play with a am/a as my younger player in that position is amazing..

Back