Ghost77

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I started a game with Nottingham Forest. With latest update it's quite hard to play with them, because of financial problems and restrictions. I had wage budget about 165K (0 trasfer budget), that allowed me to sign about 5 players on loan and some frees. My expectation was tophalf finish, I finished 5th and lost in the playoff final.

My problem is, that for a new season board restricted wage budget to 125K, which is lower than my real wages after all loanees left. And the minimum expectation now is promotion! With no new players it is almost impossible to get promoted.

Any tips what to do?

I assume I should sell my best players and get some with lower wage demands, but I haven't found any good free players to make the team able to compete. If I sell my best players, I will be probably relegated...

In the screens there is my actual team, but last loanees Joel Ward and Raheem Sterling will leave in a few days.

Thanks

no new players?? you in your 1st season, did u not sign odegaard, mark wilson, caleroni, ward, roman, sterling n aro???

Is every single player in that squad useful for the first team? Get rid of anyone on more than around £7k per week who played less than 15 games last season, as well as anyone who doesn't fit into the formation.

Also, is there an option when you go into private chat with your players to ask them to reduce their wage demands, although this is only the case for players with less than a year left on the contracts?

no new players?? you in your 1st season, did u not sign odegaard, mark wilson, caleroni, ward, roman, sterling n aro???

Yes, in my first season I signed all of those + another loanees and finished 5th, but now before second season the loanees (about 5) left and I can't sign anybody and I think that team has no chance to be promoted.. Anderson, Findley, McCleary, Blackstock and Leo Aro were all injured and are not performing well, their ability droped and team needs new players in my opinion.. Or do you think I can achieve promotion with them?

Last edited:
Is every single player in that squad useful for the first team? Get rid of anyone on more than around £7k per week who played less than 15 games last season, as well as anyone who doesn't fit into the formation.

Also, is there an option when you go into private chat with your players to ask them to reduce their wage demands, although this is only the case for players with less than a year left on the contracts?

Yeah, I will probably sell Andy Reid and Ishmael Miller as their wages are quite high, but who to sign instead of them? With the number of injuries in the season I will need good backup players.. And all free players who are good enough have high wage demands...

And thanks, I will try to chat with some players about wages.

Update: Nobody has the option to reduce the wages active..

Last edited:
its a task mate, i support forest and always use them on fm12, apart from network games, im half way through my 1st season, got rid of botang, derbyshire, tudgay, mcgoldrick, there was no need for them in my squad, free's up alot of wage budget, and you should get a fair bit for tudgay n derbyshire, then i invested in a left back n a striker that can score lol.

its a task mate, i support forest and always use them on fm12, apart from network games, im half way through my 1st season, got rid of botang, derbyshire, tudgay, mcgoldrick, there was no need for them in my squad, free's up alot of wage budget, and you should get a fair bit for tudgay n derbyshire, then i invested in a left back n a striker that can score lol.

I also sold Boateng, Derbyshire, Harewood and then Gunter and Moussi for good money (but it went all for debts). Dave McGoldrick fits in my formation and style and gave me 24 goals in the season. All went well until second season and the wage restriction...

I am a fan of them too. I played them for a few times before and always get promoted, but after the update the financial situation is bad. Do you know something about new chairman in Forest, I mean in real? I am from Czech Rep and it's hard to get some info..

Last edited:
its all hush hush at the moment mate, our new sponsors have said the takeover will be anytime now, whilst mark arthur says it aint, apparently theres two in for us, so there at some kinda bidding war, either way there looking to sort it before the start of the season. yeah i used to get promoted 1st time before the new patch, now with hardly any wages n no budget its become pritty hard,

So.. let's hope it will be decided soon. I work as football commentator in Czech Rep and we transmitted whole last three seasons of Championship. I wanted Forest to be promoted so much, but they were quite unlucky in the play-offs. Hopefully the next season will be better than the last one. And some fitting players will come - I didn't like the ones like Derbyshire, Harewood, Greening, Boateng..

For autumn I am planning a trip to Nottingham for a league match :)