Baggie Crow

Reaction score
As the title suggests I haven't the first clue what to think about FM apart from the fact that I like FIFA (I don't know how taboo that is around here) and would like to start up with FM on the PC.
Any hints and tips for the rookie here?

What the fool above meant was, use the tutorial and get used to the basics. Or if you want, check out the tutorials that are uploaded to youtube.

Some people find that starting with a club like Man City for example is a good place to start. Not only because of the finances available, but also the quality of the players (except Tevez-he's a ****).

What sort of help specifically are you after?

Last edited:
What the fool above meant was, use the tutorial and get used to the basics. Or if you want, check out the tutorials that are uploaded to youtube.

Some people find that starting with a club like Man City for example is a good place to start. Not only because of the finances available, but also the quality of the players (except Tevez-he's a ****).

What sort of help specifically are you after?

just put a price tag of 1m for tevez, and the world is in for him. :p

Only thing I would do though, is if you start with a big club, put your past experience as international footballer. If you take charge of a big club like Man City and start with something like sunday league footballer or automatic, you'll have serious problems with the players motivating themselves to play for you. Then once you're used to it, you can always pick a more realistic "skill" level to make it a more realistic challenge.

What do you mean by experience?
As in difficulty level?

And yeah I'll look at the tutorial and start with a rich club like City.

When setting up your manager profile on a new save, you will be asked for things like you dob, name, favourite club and also to set your previous player experience:

sunday league footballer
semi pro
professional footballer
international footballer

Choose international footballer for an easier ride from big name players, who will be more confident under your leadership and will not moan as much.

What do you mean by experience?
As in difficulty level?

And yeah I'll look at the tutorial and start with a rich club like City.

After you enter your name, DOB etc, it'll have a bit which asks what your past footballing experience is, varying from automatic and sunday league footballer up to international footballer. So if you pick automatic and took over a big club, you'd struggle to motivate players at big clubs, as you've no prior experience. So in a way it's like a difficulty level.

Edit-beaten to it lol

You will really enjoy FM, i myself am a big FIFA fan but it's a really nice change to just manage the team and not play against loads of quitters online ,start with your favourite club, always a good way to go.

After you enter your name, DOB etc, it'll have a bit which asks what your past footballing experience is, varying from automatic and sunday league footballer up to international footballer. So if you pick automatic and took over a big club, you'd struggle to motivate players at big clubs, as you've no prior experience. So in a way it's like a difficulty level.

Edit-beaten to it lol

got zoomed by jake.

Buy Edinson Cavani, I'm the worst FM player I've ever known, seen or read about on here but even I got a 50 goal season out of him...

I'm no know it all but, from my experience,

- Manage the team you support/follow. You'll have previous knowledge of their players and the players in their league.
- If your stuck on transfers, think back to players you like on FIFA. E.g. If you have a bronze team on FUT, and your managing in League 1 or 2 think of them.
- Set yourself targets, small at first, just so you get into the habit of getting things done. I can spend hours just browsing through players/teams and not play any games.
- Have a maximum of 3 saves, more than that and you wont progress and you'll get angry/bored.
- Enjoy it :)