haven't played in a while and I'm kinda stumped

winfield

Reaction score
Been a while since i've played FM. LAst I played was 2013 and much has changed. Finally bought fm15 a few weeks ago and have some time off to play. I'm having a hard time with my tactic. I dominate possession but struggle to create CCC's. I struggle particularly getting penetration around the final 1/3rd

rcturm.png

I ask my wingbacks to stay wide and have a halfback to sort of help the CB's out while the wingbacks bomb forward. f9 is allowed to roam and hold up ball otherwise everyone is on default. It just kinda seems the middle gets too congested?

Good lord. I'm assuming it's the 13 instructions (which would be nice to see) that's creating issues with penetration as the role and duty setup isn't that bad. Any chance of posting the TIs?

for some reason screenies not showing the Instructions so I'll list them

I was experimenting with some instructions there.the ones with an asterisk * are the ones that I'm a bit iffy on and tend to change my mind a lot on

Currently it is as follows
POSSESSION
-shorter passing
-pass to space
-work ball into box (*I'm not sure if long shots are still an issue with the number taken as in previous editions so I still use this)
-play out of defence
-low crosses

Penetration
-exploit the flanks
-look for overlap (*)

Shape
-push higher up
-play wider

Defending
-close down much more
-use offside trap
-prevent short gk distribution

General

higher Tempo*

I'm thinking of swapping the DLP to a roaming playmaker to get him on the ball more. Also note this is a very low league save

Last edited:
Reading the Work Ball Into Box comment, it sounds like you just tacked on a million instructions without knowing if you actually needed it. I'd suggest taking a step back and simplifying it and then only add as you see it's actually needed. Seems like you've created a very intricate setup, with very short passes, mostly into space at a fairly quick pace, which requires decent mental attributes.