Havent & Waterlooville- A Claim to FA Cup fame

How far will i go in the FA Cup in the first 5 years?

• 1st Round

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • 2nd Round

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • 3rd Round

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • 4th Round

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 5th Round

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Quarter Finals

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Semi Finals

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SHOCK HORROR TO START WITH!!!
Paul Booth suffered a torn calf muscle in the match against Worcester just minutes before half time. There is no confirmed return date for the class striker but 3-4months is expected. There is no one else i would've been this shocked about. Paul has a brilliant personality and clearly shows a lot of ability. he is one of the rare players to have a contract beyond the summer of 2009 and it is important that he recover over the holiday period.

December:
Havant & Waterloo 3 : 1 Worcester (Davies,Dos Santos,Booth)
A good convinving win yet a sour taste is left in the mouth as I now have to find a reliable striker to back up Dos Santos up front. Kyle Davies has been a real coup on loan this season, brilliant at the back and a great aerial threat. he headed in the first followed by what i think is dos santos's first goal since returning from injury,correct me if i'm wrong. then star player Paul Booth scored an excellent goal before suffering the horrific injury 12 minutes after scoring.

Thurrock 1 : 1 Havant & Waterloo (Watkins)
On the positive note, life without Booth and/or Yankov started well with Craig Watkins proving he has what it takes to fill Booth's shoes with a great finish from a tight angle. The negative is we should've won, we literally should've won. Gareth Stewart, my first choice goalkeeper since signing him on a free from dorchester earlier on this season, has been good between the sticks until now. i can tell you that after this performance he has no recovered and now the media are on his back and calling for a replacement. a simple backpass to him and he fluffs his kick sideways, giving their striker an open goal to aim at. tragedy.Imudia made his debut in this game aswell.

Salisbury 2 : 0 Havant & Waterloo FA Trophy 4th Qualifying Round
An evil draw. we couldn't have had a worse tie, so Yankov had to be thrown in at the deep end and started this match, despite not playing since his outburst about his poor form. We were outplayed and Stewart (GK) failed as he allows a free kick from 45yds to go straight in,despite being nothing special. We are out of every cup competition now, so time to focus on promotion.

Havant & Waterloo 2 : 1 Bath(Barnardpen,Dos Santos)

Bromley 1: 1 Havant & Waterloo (Gray)
heartbreak as we give Bromley a boxing day present.WE end the year on a low as we gift them a goal in the 94th minute despite outplaying them from the first to 93rd minute.lol.

If anyone wants sreenshots then please just ask and i'll be happy to prove i'm not cheating ect.

I can inform you that i am two games into the new year and i am on the verge of signing three or four new players that will strenghten my squad. they have all been released from coca-cola league teams and will fit in perfectly (mostly strikers) Junior Mendes is the most noteworthy.

A poor month and i ope to start a fresh in the new year. i'm looking for a new tactic possibly for my team as we step it up a gear. i'm currently using JP Woody' s Clough style tactics version 1, so any other ones would be appreciated.

Player of the month: Jerson Dos Santos, reliable as always especially in the absence of Booth.

Player of the Season (so far): Kyle Davies, best signing and great reliability at he back. has formed a good partnership with yankov and i dont know what i'd do if he got injured.i will look to sign him permanently in the future.

Will post January probably next Friday,maybe earlier

keep posting!

unlucky with that injury

keep up the good work

i'm not gonna give up, i've got my whole squad's contracts expiring in the summer, so anyone who can't prove themselves will be released and i will look to build up a new squad full of youngsters who have been released from premiership clubs (hopefully) and i reckon in a year or two its the 4th round for me.
That seems like a good idea, especially if you keep basically the same side for 2+ years

you're not gonna believe this, but in some freak training accidents recently, Kyle Davies,Darren Barnard and Jamie Collins have been injured for long periods. A few rotational players have also been injured, causing for concern as manager david rowlands looks to bring in more new faces to simply field a competitive squad. i have signed a 17 year old norwegian striker, Chijoke Festus (supposedly the best player at the club) a nigerian winger who plays on both flanks and i'm looking for more. btw our first game of the season was evenmore heartwretching than boxing day. going 1-0 down to weston super mare, then taking a 2-1 lead before them levelling in the 94th minute yet again. this time directly from the corner after us clearing and defending around 5 corners in successoion in injury time. i'm off to sulk until friday lol

update tonight as promised lads. arguably the worst month i've had as boss and it doesn't look like getting any better. i'm a poor financial tracker and my wage budget is so poor they won't let anyone join the club because it will break the club's wage bank.

Keep it up mate, your doing well, don't give up! :D

minutes before my january update and i need to share a few home truths with you all, considering this thread is 100& honest. my first fm game was an old handheld version which i thought was the best game in the world. i then got my first computer fm with 2007. i did it the easy way, played with chelsea and won everything by signing the top players, despite not cheating. i then got fm 2008 on the release date and did the same, but started to investigate with different teams and did a save with sutton utd where i got them into league 2 and reached the 3rd round of the fa cup. although it seems like an amazing feat, i did sign a whole team of dutch players and it was a bit of a revolution. this year i haven't got stuck into any sort of save and therefore i haven't actually completed a season on this year's game, despite having a bit of experence. (fail) so i am getting stuck into this one but if i do get promoted i'm not sure what to do lol! and secondly, in my previous post i wanted to make it sound interesting by saying we were n a spot of bother, but we'd only lost one game. at the time of writing i'm now third in the league and have lost 2 games and in a spot of bother. i've got newport who are 2nd either at the end of the month or the beginning of the next month. please keep following and my update will be out in a few minutes

thanks jeffers, but you've already wished me luck earlier on in the thread!

Do you want me to wish you bad luck or something lol

no not at all lol, im just surprised that people are willing me on to do this

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Woeful is all i can say. a new year, a fresh start and simply woeful month. i brought in a lot of new faces, which has been my downfall when i reflect on what's not working. this new team isn't bonded. a lot of injuries a change of assistant manager and a dreadful bank balance. i could write a novel...

January:
Havant & Waterloo 2 : 2 Weston Super Mare (Gray,Holloway)
They scored in the last minute of stoppage time.screw them.

Traiuning injuries left the following 10 first team players out of action for periods of time: Lee Molyneux,Darren Barnard,Tom Williams,Paul Booth,Kyle Davies,Matt Gray,Craig Watkins,Jamie Collins,Zlatko Yankov and Ian Simpemba.

With so many injured faces, it was time to bring in a few faces to freshen up the team, a good idea at the time. i started by signing former everton left-back Lee Molyneux on loan from southampton. he scored and got injured on his debut. i brought in stef frost, released notts co player.a nigerian with the surname of festus was brought in on a free and is supposed to be the best player in the league but has yet to do anything productive. i also signed a nigerian youth striker from afc wimbledon who has been enthusiatic but unable to make an impact as of yet.

Havant & Waterloo 4 : 1 Hampton & Richmond (dos santos,gray before he was injured,compton and molyneux)
a great performance and a resounding win.

Hayes & Yeading 3 : 1 Havant & Waterloo (holloway pen)
our long run undefeated came to an end in a game where we were outclassed. unfortunate.

Havant & Waterloo 5 : 2 Eastleigh (Holloway,Bramblex3,Compton)
the best comeback performance imaginable. we outplayed eastleigh and got a great result.Bramble came back from injury and scored our first hat-trick of the season.cracker!

Welling 2 : 0 Havant & Waterloo
disappointing

Havant & Waterloo 1 : 1 Newport Co (Grime)
i knew newport would give a good fight in this match and they did. they were the better team and took the lead. i brought on my 17 year old norwegian and he was the difference. i expect braintree to take the league now and i'm scared because we were outclassed today and we'll almost certainley have to paly them in the playoffs. i'm genuinely scared about rotting in this league next season.

Terrible is the best way to describe it. that is the reason that no-one gets the player of the month. if i had to choose it'd either be bramble for his magical performance against eastleigh or jack compton for consistency. i'll be back soon. feel free to comment and give me advice as to how i can improve and where i've gone wrong. i dont think i'll be there next season as my contract runs out soon but i sure hope i stay and get another shot at the fa cup.and any requests for screenshots will be accepted immediately.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:54 PM ----------

update to follow. we are now officially hopeless and 2 points away from going out of the playoffs. tactic needed URGENTLY

Last edited:
My time at the club is getting worse and worse, and it seems that if nothing positive comes out of the last few months then this thread may come to an abrupt end. i haven't had much feedback since my last update so i really need lots of support and advice on what to do. i say this because i believe my contract may not be renewed and i may be let unemployed.

February
Bishop's Stortford 3 : 1 Havantgotaclueville (Davies)
After fighting bravely against defeat in the previous match and a few players coming back from injury, this was a match we went into full of optimism. The result was an awful one and embarassing to say the least. it meant our next match was to be against our under 18's in a friendly for a much needed victory and uprising.

Havant & Waterlooville 1 : 0 H&W U18's (Dos Santos)
I'm trying as hard as i can to get a win under our belts but the performance was dreadful. it was a scrappy game and a poor goal. hard to describe.

Havantgotaclueville 0 : 1 St. Albans
Our poor away form has now spread and we have lost our immaculate home record. it was just awful. we dropped to 4th in the league after this result.

Fisher 0 : 1 Havant & Waterloo (Simpemba)
Finally! A poor performance but we deserved the win. we need to get this bad spell behind us and move foraward and still mount a challenge for the title.

Havant & Waterloo 1 : 0 Team Bath (Bramble)
A good performance and back to back wins is something we've been looking for for some time now. Bramble with the winner. i dont know what to do with bramble. when he's hot he is red hot and when he's cold he is non-existant.

A poor month in total but i hope to take the form of my last two games into a crunch match against Braintree (top of the table).I haven't given up hope of being champions come May but are chances are pretty slim.

Player of the Month: Ian Simpemba, the irish centre-back has been ever present at the back this season with injuries to kyle davies and yankov. he has a golden head and is our best defender. he was with the club originally and our defence is much streonger with his presence.

im thinking about doing some sort of review in the next few days if anyone is still interested...
if not then can the mods close this thread thanks for all the support i got at the beggining of the journey anyway guys

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:42 PM ----------

i guess not

You are on a role mate two wins! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Keep it up, people do read it, they just don't always comment

Yeah, what Frankie said. I read it regularly but don't always comment.