Havent & Waterlooville- A Claim to FA Cup fame

How far will i go in the FA Cup in the first 5 years?

• 1st Round

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • 2nd Round

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • 3rd Round

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • 4th Round

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 5th Round

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Quarter Finals

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Semi Finals

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok thanks guys. i'll try and squeeze in a review tonight if i have time

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:43 PM ----------

ok guys, ther ewill definitely be a two month update tonight, i'm brimming with confidence and i'm ready to get stuck into this game again and i'll be regularly updating my new dynamic sig to match the current status of the game. As you can see my big money signing is a free transfer lol, as i had no transfer budget at the start of the game if anyonce can remember that far back. as i said, two month update tonight.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

OK im in the middle of April now and there has been talk of me leaving at the end of the season. i have not been offered a new contract and i've been linked with clubs such as Bangor City. With all this speculation, i commited my future to the club by requusting a new contract form the board. The only worrying thing is that they still haven't offered it to me, despite agreeing that i deserve a renewal. anyway.. a brief round up of march and april. enjoy...

March
Braintree 1 : 1 Havant & Waterloo (Simpemba)
We began the month with a trip to table toppers braintree and i must admit, i am pleased with the result. however te only dissapointing part is we could've one it if we had taken one of several clear cut chances we had.

Havant & Waterloo 2 : 1 Basingstoke (OG,Imudia)
Victory is sweet, especially when it comes in the 94th minute and 2 minutes were added on!

Havant & Waterloo 1 : 0 Maidenhead (Dos Santos)

Bognor Regis 0 : 1 Havant & Waterloo (Festus)
We went to bognor knowing it wouldbe are easiest game of the season. so i went with a new tactic, jp woody's guardiola tactics and we won with a first goal from our big signing festus. i was not happy with the performance however and i think it'll take a couple of years for our team to play effectively with that tactic.

Well March was a fairly short and pleasing month. 3 wins were gained and we put further pressure on braintree.

Player of the month: Jeffrey Imudia. i would love to sign him permanently but i wont have the funds. tenacious right sided midfielder, a must have for any bss team.

April
Havant & Waterloo 2 : 0 Dorchester (Grime, Barnard Pen)

AFC Wimbledon 4 : 0 Haventgotaclueville
A woeful performance but i couldn't really say i hadnt seen it coming. we were bad and couldnt string two passes together. i just hope i dont play them in the playoffs.

Worcester 1 : 0 Havant & Waterloo
They scored in the last minute. i have little sympathy

Chelmsford 1 : 0 Haventgotaclueville
This was without doubt the worst performance i have ever seen. i dont think we even had a shot on target. im speechless as to how poor the performance was. we are 2nd they are 18th. awful. only positive, paul booth cam on with 20 minutes to go, first appearance since horrific injury.

Well i was wrong. i havent quite finished the month yet. but it is not looking good at the moment. braintree have secured a pplayoff spot at the leats and its up to me to equal that.

I REALLY NEED PEOPLE'S SUGGESTIONS FOR A TACTIC I COULD USE TO BEAT OFF THESE TEAMS, PREFERRABLY ONE OFF THIS SITE OR ONE YOU USE ON YOUR SAVE WICH YOU COULD UPLOAD FOR ME. I WANT TO PROGRESS MY GAME AND MY THREAD BY BEING IN THE BSP NEXT YEAR AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN DO THAT IS BY BEATING THE TEAMS AROUND ME. TACTIC NEEDED NOW!!!

5 or 6 games and our team just don't gel. we played fine with the v1 of cloughy tactics but we've stopped playing well with it so i need a new tactic

the season has ended...there has been some traumatic news.....playoffs.....monthly updates coming soon.....including full match reports from our playoff fixtures.... stay tuned in ovr the weekend as manager david rowlands considers resigning

ok so i thought i would go back to this save following a lot of difficulty with the fm10 demo. i'm not in the mood to write a detailed report . we finished the league season on a high by getting some good results and the breakthrough of a few academy players. we finished the season in 4th place however. we were drawn against newport County in the playoffs and got a 2:1 win at home. we went to newport full of optimism and were losing 3:2 so i decided to drop the tempo and increase the timewasting in the latter stages of the match as i thought we were going to go through on away goals. when it got to the last ten minutes of the match they scored to finish us off and shatter my promotion dreams. it was only afterwards when i found out that there are no away goals rules in play-offs and that afc wimbledon lost to team bath in the other play-off, making it even harder to swallow. i had time to reflect and decided a complete upheaval was needed. around twenty players were released and a whole team has been built based on players who have been released by big clubs. the future is bright and i'm confident that i will cruise next season.

there is a new tactic and training schedule in place and i fully believe that we will be champions next season.

i will not be getting fm 10 until christmas so i will continue with this save and the fa cup dream until then, so stay tuned and i will post more regularly from now on.

thanks for persevering, and keep posting!

Keep it up mate :) You are doing well if you look at your position, Havant is always a tough team to manage, they sadly have a quite inconsistent team :( I'll keep on following :)

Great story. Is it possible to see your new team? Thanks.

i will post scrrenies once pre-season is over, as i can't stop signing players at the moment!

Lol, I love signing players. It is the best thing about FM.