Having problems with the come deep to get ball trait??

Shaneckham

Reaction score
I play a 4-2-3-1 pretty standard defenders defend I have one mid defend and one deep lying playmaker. I have 2 inside forwards attacking and a attacking mid in the hole. I have 2 strikers who like to come deep to get ball, before I have always used a poacher, however I want my striker to drop off and create holes in the defence, for the inside forwards to drive into.

I would appreciate a feedback on people that have managed this?

I'm wondering if I have a striker dropping deep should I have a player in the hole, or not?

I have tried a few different roles already, I tried the trequartista and complete forward support. Mixed results some games it worked other games led to me creating nothing.

1) you must not have an Amc and try and create a deep lying forward, its repetition and pointless
2) use the deep lying forward - support role/duty
3) make sure he runs from deep never and has through balls on often and holds up the ball box ticked (well many additional tweaks but not going to list them all)

4) you will need an advanced forward/poacher next to him aka: Hernandez to make forward runs always and moves into channels for your Dlf to play in behind the defence
5) your inside forwards will get involved, make the Dlf your playmaker as well

if you would like more info on how to set it up (it works well) see the settings I have used for the Stl role in this tactic (original tactic) and you can use the same settings in your tactic ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007.html

1) you must not have an Amc and try and create a deep lying forward, its repetition and pointless
2) use the deep lying forward - support role/duty
3) make sure he runs from deep never and has through balls on often and holds up the ball box ticked (well many additional tweaks but not going to list them all)

4) you will need an advanced forward/poacher next to him aka: Hernandez to make forward runs always and moves into channels for your Dlf to play in behind the defence
5) your inside forwards will get involved, make the Dlf your playmaker as well

if you would like more info on how to set it up (it works well) see the settings I have used for the Stl role in this tactic (original tactic) and you can use the same settings in your tactic ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007.html

Cheers mate I'm not to keen on going with 2 up top, my tactic wins trophies has not let me down in 4 years but that's with complete forward getting on the end of moves and creating. However iv moved teams and had to adapt to the players that i have, so should I take the att mid out then and maybe go 4-5-1?

4-5-1 with an Amc? or 4-5-1 with a Dm?

Sorry mate,

4-5-1 with a defensive mid, I've just started setting it up. I got defensive mid deeplying and advanced playmaker. 2 inside forwards on att making forward runs often?
And the deeplying striker up top with run from deep to rarely and run with ball often through ball often, also the roam from position is set no?

so you have a Dm and 2 Cm's set as advanced playmaker and 2 inside forwars on attack?

thats way to attacking, you will be caught out! set one of the Cm's to the Dlp or even ball winner and change the Dm role to Dm - Support!

Striker sounds fine, he will need good pace, balance, dribbling, 1st touch, technique, passing, decisions, creativity and a few other stats though :)

Yea I got a deep lying and an advanced playmaker.
Do you think my inside forwards are to attacking?

and the other cm? what is he?

set them to support and your st to attack :)

I have a defensive mid defend a deeplying support and advanced support.
I want the striker to drop deep and the insides to attack in the space created, in theory. Obviously if the defence don't follow my striker should have space and time on the ball, which he is good enough to do damage.
I'm just wondering more, 1 do you think that will work and how should I set up the inside's I.e attacking or support, also should I have them move into channels if my striker is dropping?

the 3 mids should be ok, I personally prefer a more basic/jack of all trades approach Cm - Support :) or defend :) especially as I play 4-4-2!

set your wingers to support and move into channels, run with ball often, cross sometimes, through balls often and long shots never, half creative freedom and leave the attacking bar defualt so they will keep in line with the philosophy you adopt and or change in game :)

the 3 mids should be ok, I personally prefer a more basic/jack of all trades approach Cm - Support :) or defend :) especially as I play 4-4-2!

set your wingers to support and move into channels, run with ball often, cross sometimes, through balls often and long shots never, half creative freedom and leave the attacking bar defualt so they will keep in line with the philosophy you adopt and or change in game :)

I will give it a whirl and see how it goes, cheers for the input.

Its been working nicely, very dangerous. The inside forwards on support make much more clever runs than when on attack.
Thanks for the input bud.