Reaction score
im in my 2nd season with newcastle and beardsley ( ***. manager) agreed to a mutual termination (wanted to keep him but as a coach and he wouldnt agree) so ive now signed pat rice, im trying to get good coaches in every training category, eg paul mcguinness but when i go to offer contract its always for assistant manager and i cant change it, this is the same for a lot of coaches eg joe jordan, david lowe, lillian thuram etc etc. so im not sure if im doing something wrong or if it is because these coaches just dont want to sign for the club....???? can anyone help?

They don't want to sign for your club unless it's for a high position job.

I have the same problem, I am Barcelona and when going to sign coaches it doesn't give the option to change from an assistant manager, where it says the person is not interested in the role.

I have the same problem, I am Barcelona and when going to sign coaches it doesn't give the option to change from an assistant manager, where it says the person is not interested in the role.

You answered your own question, why are you trying to sign someone "not interested in the role"? If someone offered you a job IRL that you didn't want, what would you do? ..

OK, the guy I am trying to sign is a coach or first team coach, but the game is only letting me offer him the assistant manager role and the drop down menu to change from assistant manager to coach is not there so cant offer the role they actually want.

But you just said they're not interested, so why would they take a job with you, when they're happy with the role they're performing now at where they are.

Just because they're a coach/first team coach now doesn't mean it's the role they want with you, Assistant Manager would be a promotion, making them a coach is them doing the same job in a place where they may not want to work.

there are PLENTY of 4.5-->5 stars coahes. off the top of my head without fm loaded: bernhard peters, hoffenheim, tactics. uffe pedersen attacking. storskov fitness. mcguiness ball control. versleeuwen defending. sometimes john owens.

if you're newcastle maybe the team's reputation isnt high enough for you to sign exactly who you like but i find that attempting to sign YOUTH coaches and offering them jobs as FIRST TE|AM coaches usually sways them,. if it's all greyed out and the role offered is asst manager it means they dont want to come, period.

also remember that coaches, like players, have PA and CA. so a 3.5* coach now may develop into a 5*coach.

you COULD always be a little naughty (i do, i admit) and look on the editor at how much difference there is between their CA and PA and determine whether they will develop into top coaches........