dlau88

Reaction score
So I've just been asked to manage the spain U23 team for the Olympics in 2016, and I've accepted. Going to juggle that with my current Real Madrid job.

I've never really managed at an international level so I have no idea where to begin... can I even hire staff? Like an assistant...?

Where do I even start... I've had a look at the national pool but the players I know are all selected for the national team.

If anyone has any experience/knowledge/tips on how to manage an international team, please let me know!

Cheers

I did the same in 2012.

you can't hire staff. If you try, you will contact them as Real Madrid. But is it not needed to hire staff.

next to this, search your players in the pool and you can add 3 players older than 23! normally you can switch the players from the national team to your U23 team. search for good average form.

I won the Olympics with Spain, won the final against Mexico. 3-0 first half and they pulled back to 3-3. luckily the penalties were better.

Hey, maybe you guys can help me?
I've been offered the job as England U23 manager, and I don't know if I should accept. How much job is it, and how much of your time does it occupy? Does your staff help keeping tabs on the players etc.?
I am very detail-oriented in my managing already, so I'm afraid another job may be a little too much. One year in the game might literally take a year in real life, lol..

Any advice on how it is, juggling club and U-national management?

I quit after 28 days... couldnt be bothered to click on every single player in the national pool in order to find out who was good etc. Media phrased it as "the suggestion was that Lau took one look at his sorroundings and decided he could find a better job elsewhere" ha

ok... doesen't sound like the job for me either. Thanks for saving me the timewastin' ;)