rookiemanager

Reaction score
In my 1st season, im getting inbox messages stating that a manager eg 'Tim Flowers' could be leaving Newport County.........................................then it will say a few manager names then include my name 'in the mix'.

Now i never got these messages before, but as im 2nd in league near end of season and not thinking im getting the only promotion place (as 1st place keeps winning all the time lol), i think i would like to move to a bigger club if i dont go up. I really want to stay, but i would only stay if i go up. I just dont want to waste the oppurtunity managing a better team if im wasting away in this league im in (ive had 1 league 1 side all down to blue square north/south 'mention' my name as the run in as a future manager).

What im asking is, when these messages 'show' in my inbox, do i have to apply for these jobs or do the team that 'mentions' you approach you to manage their club?

Well, from what I know, they'll approach you if they sack their managers or when they leave the club... dunno is that completely right.

You can declare interest in a job if a manager is listed as insecure, but you can only apply for a job if it is vacant.

Bigger clubs will always offer you jobs if you start to do well and gain promotion with your team, there is no need to rock the boat at your current club by declaring interest in a job that may never become available.

Last edited:
If your considered the favourite they usually approach you but if your one of several other manbagers in the mix you must apply. Also there is an option to declare intrest in a job aswell.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

You can declare interest in a job if a manager is kasted as insecure, but you can only apply for a job if it is vacant.

Whats kasted Jake???lol

I best wait for an offer and not do anything else. I hope some team approaches me if i dont go up. Im in tier 9 in my game and its a big league after my edit. I dont care if its tier 8, at least i go up.

In my experience declaring interest is the last thing you want to do because it only negatively affects the team you are at and the other team employ someone else. This is of course just my experience but if I was you i would wait to be approached with an offer.

I just tend to wait and hope for the best, but I never declare interest. It's paid off as I've managed Brazil before. Was pretty chuffed