Bozzy08

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding training and the complimentary attritbutes I should focus on to improve a players ability to head a ball:

The scenario is i have bought a re-gen young striker that happens to be 205cm in height and has 17 heading and 16 jumping skill, but i need to know what other individual skills I should train him on in order to score from crosses and when crossing to the far post at corners. I figure strength would help so i've go that up to 13 at the moment. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Boz

Agility, balance, off the ball and anticipation are some other important attributes ( apart from the basic ground rules in having Players with high stats in decision, determination)

Technical: Finishing, Heading, [Maybe Technique]
Mental: Anticipation, Composure, Decisions, Off the Ball, [Maybe Positioning]
Physical: Agiity, Balance, Jumping, [Maybe Strength]

haha I agree with Andy, You are going to over work the poor lad if you train him more than whats already been given to you!

first of all is will he even try to head it = bravery
then will he position himself on the right place and know where the ball is crossed, anticipation decisions positioning
then will he head it precise in the net heading

o_O some weird suggestions.
First of all, it depends on your set pieces setting. I highly doubt he'll score from far post if your corners are set to near post.
Second, he would need Positioning, Anticipation and decisions. Of the ball is good if he attacks near of far post ( even if he attacks ball from deep) cuz it makes opps players hard to mark. And you need good crosser.

AGGRESSION

You must have an aggressive player who is willing to go up and get the ball!

A timid player will mistime his jumps and shy away from contact

it seems closely tied to bravery, but I believe Bravery is translated into game as the willingness to put himself into a position where he could get injured. While aggression is how much he seeks out contact.

I've noticed benefits to heading from aggressive players, but I've not really noticed bravery having any effect.