Reaction score
06/27/2016 - New tactics! Check them out!
BEST CHRISTIANERIKSEN TACTICS THIS YEAR.

HEARTBREAKER

Guys, this is my last attempt at Football Manager 2016. I don't play it that much because a lack of time and I don't have a perfect testing league to test the tactics. But, I came up with something 'new'. I tested it several seasons at Gemert (a very small dutch club in the lower league) and with Borussia Dortmund. I am not going to put a lot of information up. Good luck!

540eb369d7b63c51d0c661c006e197f4.png

GEMERT

View attachment 145650 View attachment 145649 View attachment 145648 View attachment 145647
View attachment 145646

BORUSSIA DORTMUND
View attachment 145655 View attachment 145654 View attachment 145653 View attachment 145652

Two new versions of the HEARTBREAKER tactics. I use the OI's from the Eusebio Legacy thread!
wink.gif

Version 2 and the Version 2 man mark
There are two new versions of the Heartbreaker tactics available. The original V2 is a new four defenders, three midfielders, two wingers and one striker formation. But, this time there isn't a defending midfielder, but three midfielders in a row. Space enough for your best three central midfielders in the first line-up. The other tweaks are minor, but the results are great.

The tweaked V2 is a four defenders, two central midfielders and two strikers formation to get the best out of crossing this years Football Manager. This is a tactic when you're in need for a goal, when you have the players for this formation or just like the formation. To get the best out of this tactic you can use the man marking settings. Originally this is build-in for you, but due to some formations and changes (in-match) from the opposition it can happen that your striker will man mark the wrong player. The left or right striker should man mark the DM/DMCR/DMCL (if available!) or the MCR/MCL from the opposition. This isn't a must, but makes you play in a 4-1-4-1 formation when you don't have the ball.

af3a4c8230e3247b089d60f1bd804e11.png

When in attack (V2 Heartbreaker Attack). If we lose the ball the right striker will man mark the left central midfielder of the opposition.

View attachment 142339
San Marino, first season in the Serie B. Champions and now to the Serie A!

Use individual training to the role and set opposition instructions if you feel comfortable with. OI's are not a must for this tactic. Please share your results with the community!

Last edited:
I belive that will have big succes , i tried something like that in a tff tactic and i tweaked , i am using WM +AP . i will try this also :D how many goals ST / And wingers have?

This tactic will be my last try with Fm this year,plugged it into my WHU save,1st match against weaker opposition 40 shots at goal and 11 CC,hope this continues :)

Like your way of naming tactics like it is some legendary sword XD

Trully going well right now,playing some good ballin :D Injuries are hittin me in azz Sakho out 6 months Noble 6 months,Song 4 weeks,Oxford and Ogbonna as well 4,God have a mercy please,i wanna enjoy in CE tactic,its been a whille since i could get yours to work :D

hey m8 .. ill try it out.. havent played since we made tactics for fm15.. cheers :) i might try myself :/

filerts bro? if you can make filters i ll apriciate it!

''btw , tactic is very promissing.
1st game 19 shoots 5 clear cut chances won 0-2 ..i can say i am really impressed of the chances . i hope lll continue.

Last edited:
Does anyone still use this tactic? What are your impressions?

This tactic has been really good for me with Arsenal. Top team I know, every tactic works for them etc etc, however having a win % above 80% speaks for itself and I've never had so few goals conceded over 3 seasons.... I was especially impressed with the first season because I pretty much played with the starting squad - a very good squad but there are better in the league in season 1, namely City and Chelsea.

Season 1 I messed about a bit with the mentality and fluidity e.g going counter away at City, attacking if 1 goal down - common sense really. From Season 2 I tweaked the tactic ever so slightly and use a control version to start all games (team by this stage was pretty overpowered so could use this comfortably when away at any team) and switch to a counter version if I go 2 goals ahead ....

I've always left the opposition instructions to one of my coaches, making sure they had really good stats in tactical knowledge and judging player ability. I have Mauro Tassotti now and had Michael Henke before that.

Took the Algeria job and resigned immediately - I clearly didn't like the climate!

View attachment 142402View attachment 142396

Season 1: Won Premiership, Capital One Cup & FA Cup. Dumped out of CL in round of 16 by Benfica :(

View attachment 142380

Season 2: Won Premiership, FA cup and Champions League. Lost in semis of Capital One Cup to City on away goals.

View attachment 142391

Season 3: Won Capital One Cup and Club World Championship. Going to win the PL bar an absolute disaster, still in FA cup and CL

View attachment 142390

Game Status: For those who really need this, sigh :S

Rolling autosave enabled every fortnight - 34 months played in game = 68 autosaves plus manual saves when my better half finally convinces me to stop playing and I save between autosaves ;) (extra 13 over 2 and 3/4 seasons seems fine to me!). Ingame editor not used....

View attachment 142381

All in all fantastic tactic CE and I'm surprised it's not getting more attention!

Last edited:
Two new versions of the HEARTBREAKER tactics. I use the OI's from the Eusebio Legacy thread! ;)

Whether it can roll F9 to be replaced with another? Since I do not have any attacker with F9 role.