Edsy

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post after being a long time reader.

I'll be honest, I'm not very good at this game, tactically.

Whoever I am, especially Lower League teams, I regularly sign players above and beyond the level at which I'm playing, my scouting network and assessment is personally, brilliant. For (English) L2 teams I sign players who are 4+ stars and my whole team is usually 3 stars and above, my scouts are good at judging players and then I assess them further.

I am good at getting a bargain, but I can never get my team to play.. even when they are by far and away the best team in the league.

Should I get my players to always play in their favourite position?

I just want to supplement my good scouting and judgement skills.

Any help will be appreciated..

Ta.

My advice would be to take a step back and assess yourself. What tactics are you trying to play in the lower leagues and are these suitable for the level of skill possessed by your players? For me and a lot of others...K.I.S.S is the way forward (you should become familiar with that abbreviation). You need to ensure every single facet of your daily operation is geared towards squeezing every drop of performance from your squad. Don't just buy a better player because his star rating is better....he might not actually be best for the role your trying to get him to play.

I always find physical stats are key in LLM. Get pacey players in attack, good passers in midfield, and good tacklers and headers in defense.

Search around the forum especially the LLM thread.....you can get a great education on what players are good in the lower leagues.

Evolve your tactic as you get better players and ensure you've read up on any threads involving team talks!

Good luck!

My http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...3-unbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299.html works brilliantly with lower league teams. I won the league with chester and barnet unbeaten with chester and beaten i think 3 times with barnet (predicted 24th) with no transfer money at all with both clubs. Most of the time K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) is the way forward. Have a look at some of thebetterhalf's 4-4-2 formations.

the TBH tactics are very solid, i've tried them for 2 seasons and they work very well.

But Hazza22299 tactic works for those, like me, who want to have fun, play simple and brag about it :D

A lot of the tactics on here are aimed at big teams. You very, very rarely see anybody post tactics/screenshots for a team like Dagenham. I always play lower leagues and have tried so many tactics. I find if you are one of the top teams in League two then play a more attacking formation. If not I would suggest playing a simple 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1. As others have said keep the tactics simple. One thing I have found though and it is hard not to do it and that is sign too many players. Try to only bring in 4 or 5 players at most as I find the more players that come into the squad the longer it takes for the team to perform well.

Simple rigid attacking formation with a good fast ST and thats all you need :D

Download a simple, effective tactic from here and start to study how it's put together. After a while you will start to see which roles suit which players, and which roles work well together etc.

I always find physical stats are key in LLM.
g.gif