Hello

ggwood

Reaction score
Hi I'm Greg from the US. I played quite a bit of FM 13, mostly on classic mode, and I'm playing FM 14, full version, with AFC Wimbledon. Six seasons in, I downloaded my first tactic ever. It has helped considerably. Just created an account here to provide feedback.

Hi I'm Greg from the US. I played quite a bit of FM 13, mostly on classic mode, and I'm playing FM 14, full version, with AFC Wimbledon. Six seasons in, I downloaded my first tactic ever. It has helped considerably. Just created an account here to provide feedback.
Welcome! Out of interest, what division are you in with AFC Wimbledon?

Welcome! Out of interest, what division are you in with AFC Wimbledon?
I got them promoted to the prem in 2021 (actually won the Championship with three games to spare), which I'm sure is really slow for this crowed. Wage budget 140k ha ha. The board built me a new stadium, 11,000 seats, years back and apparently cannot expand it or move.

Right at that point, I gave in to temptation and applied for other jobs and joined Norwich. Literally ten times the wage budget...and they had just barely survived in the prem that year. Just finished my first year at Norwich and we finished 10th. Could have been higher, but I was training (and unlearning) key PPM's and new positions all year. Hopefully a top 4 finish in season two. Wimbledon did well without me, but was relegated. Probably set the record for highest average attendance percentage of stadium capacity for a relegated team.

Running Norwich in 2022-2023 season, we finish 6th, but win the league cup, so we're in the Europa League and we finally get rid of a bunch of older players we are overpaying. I'm hoping for a Champion's League football in year three.

Turns out, AFC Wimbledon, after getting relegated to the Championship, finally expanded their stadium, 11k to to something like 16k, but the process was so extensive that they had to share a stadium with Spurs for a year (New White Heart Lane, capacity over 60k). They finished near the bottom, but were not relegated, or in danger of it, so I hope they pull back to a mid-table position.