Help a noob with tactics PLEASE.

Reaction score
So as the title says i'm a complete noob at this game. I got the handheld version and absolutely loved it, so i decided to get FM 2009 bout a week ago.
So far, not goin so well. I use Man United, and my tactics NEVER seem to work out. I have a few questions...
1) How do i boost morale? they say win games but with low morale the players have no incentive to win games
2) How do i set player instructions? I can handle the team instructions but how do i give players individual tasks
3) Do i need separate tactics for home and away games?
4) Transfers are really tricky for me to pull off. Why does United have only £10 mil to start? One of the richest clubs in the world my ***.

I really love this game but it feels waaaay too complicated to get anything out of my players. Any help will be greatly appreciated cuz sometimes I feel like throwin my shoe at my laptop.

man utd is the 2nd richest club in the world...once you get to january the board will give you loads more money to buy players. barcelona only have 12M for transfers and they have an estimated value of about 550M...the reason for this is that the board doesnt want to give you money to spend because they dont know if you will be getting the right results.

to improve morale try offer new contracts, less harsh team-talks

play simple 4-4-2 when you start getting results you can start changing your tactic until then just do 4-4-2

to set player instructions on the tactics section under 'team instructions' click on player instruction then if you want to give cristiano ronaldo instructions click on the tear drop thingy next his name on the left hand side on the screen

its really hard to explain so if you dont get what i mean i cant help you.

to improve morale try offer new contracts, less harsh team-talks

play simple 4-4-2 when you start getting results you can start changing your tactic until then just do 4-4-2

to set player instructions on the tactics section under 'team instructions' click on player instruction then if you want to give cristiano ronaldo instructions click on the tear drop thingy next his name on the left hand side on the screen

its really hard to explain so if you dont get what i mean i cant help you.
Yeah, but the i still find it hard and mostly grind out results. Its tough because no matter what happens my players dont do what i tell them to do. Its really ****** me rite off, but am stickin with it cuz a friend of mine plays this game religiously and smacks the AI silly with Arsenal. What gives people?!