Cookie1

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

As the title suggests, I need some tactical advice/help. I am trying to implement a short, quick passing game (pass and move) style of play (patient build up, but quick passing, if it makes sense), but I am struggling to implement this. I have managed to get the team to play short passes, but I cant seem to get them to move the ball quickly. I tried setting the tempo to its max, and still the team is slow in making these passes, and players seem to be taking too long to release the ball. I play a 4-2-3-1, which I feel is best suited to this style of play.

Any advice on how to achieve this style of play? I've been playing FM a long time, and have somehow always struggled to implement this style.

My team instructions regarding this are: Much Shorter Passing, Pass into space, Play out of Defense, Much Higher Tempo. ( I recently removed the much higher tempo, and changed it to standard tempo, since much higher tempo doesn't seem to be having any effect, and I suspect would go against the patient build up play that I want. )

(Note: I don't want any game-breaking tactics or match engine exploit tactics or info. Just want to implement my own style of play using standard/unorthodox (realistic) formations).

Also, I am not currently uploading my tactic screenshots because I don't want specific help regarding my tactic (However, I am happy to upload the tactic if its needed). I just want to know what I am doing wrong.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.