Pear

Reaction score
Hello. I have made this thread because i struggle to make my own tactics. Im not sure how to make tactics and i don't like to download them as i wont feel proud of myself or accomplished. I have taken control of German league team Schalke as they are a good team so my mistakes can be seen clearer. Any help on what is going wrong or what im doing wrong please.

Tactic:
View attachment 347237

I have played some fixtures and will play more and post them here to show you the results. Here are my current matches in where i have lost when expected to win:
View attachment 347243View attachment 347244

Please give me some idea on what im doing wrong.
If you need any more screenshots posted on player intruction etc. please ask.
Thanks

hi mate, the best thing u can do is just have fun and play it.
try a team u no really well so u no players in team. set up for that team.
sounds stupid but as u understand them n buy new players u will get yoused to it. i only had 12 13 600 hours on both n im still learning. there are guides on here if ur utterly stuck. but best pratce is pratice m8. good luck.

1.You are using fluid and attacking with a high defensive line. With this your team will be more compact and stay very close to eachother. So a shorter passing style would be better.
2.its not realy recommended to use counter attacking wile your defensive line is this high and your team are in attack most of the time, and you dont play with a particularly bad team and most teams in your leauge wont be attacking you with alot of players in attack, so counter them wont be so easy.
3. I would not use a dm as support either, hes more important in defense than up the pitch. Try switching your BWM to support and your DM to defend or use a ankor.
4. You should start out more simple, you dont need to use all the options like Creative freedom, Crossing and Roaming better leaving it to standard when not knowing what it does.
5. A target man needs alot of physical abilitys, Huntelaar wont do to good with this. Better using him as a poacher and set target man supply to "run into ball". this will make him dangerous on dead ball situations and when your wingers crossing the ball he will run into it.

Hope this helps good luck mate! :)

Last edited:
I'd set it to rigid first and foremost. Personally, what I like about the 4-5-1 is its rigidity: Play is naturally divided between the three lines of your team (def, mid, att). And I have always found a fluid formation tends to destroy that balance a little bit when using a 4-5-1.

Huntellar can work as a target man, but who is getting up to support him when he attempts to bring others into play? Check the average positions map in analysis to check you have players getting up to link up his hold up play.

Hello. I have made this thread because i struggle to make my own tactics. Im not sure how to make tactics and i don't like to download them as i wont feel proud of myself or accomplished. I have taken control of German league team Schalke as they are a good team so my mistakes can be seen clearer. Any help on what is going wrong or what im doing wrong please.

Tactic:
View attachment 347237

I have played some fixtures and will play more and post them here to show you the results. Here are my current matches in where i have lost when expected to win:
View attachment 347243View attachment 347244

Please give me some idea on what im doing wrong.
If you need any more screenshots posted on player intruction etc. please ask.
Thanks

ok looking at your formation looks good itself , what tweaks etci give you are only based on what i know works for me but like all tactics you will need to make them fit and work for you.

ok first if u are leaking silly goals to much change your CB to LD and Cover. change the DM into Anchor and crazy as it sounds make him the Playmaker.
I'd also change style - balanced and strategy - standard.
change your FB,s to cut inside (mad as it sounds)
change your TM into a AF keep him target man on main setup still.
maybe change from direct passing to short.

give that a go mate

hi mate.

1- As I seen your target supply is To Head change it to Mixed
2 - Give huntelaar Poacher role to utilize his perfect finishing abilities.
3 - If you use counter attacking football deep your defense down a bit.
4 - Change your DM to Anchor.
5 - You re using Farfan and Draxler on wings but if you wanna use vice versa try swap don't pıut them to the other side cuz it s affecting performances. And give one of the wing an Inside Forward role. This gives you one more attacking option as you are using Flank attacks.
6 - On defense, Kriakos Papadopoulos - LD Stopper Höwedes - BPD Cover and Fuchs FB attack uchida FB defend

Try theese u ll see that team ll adapt easily and perform better.

1) Fluid doesnt go with stick to position ...
2) Have at least one of the wingers as an IF (I would either have both as IF attack or one as IF attack and one as W support).
3) IFs should be able to use the foot that is opposite to the side they play so that they cut inside and shoot.
4) Huntelaar is a poacher.
5) If you want a player in the DM position as support (like PIRLO) make him something else (a CM?)
6) Though I take the point most people make about counter attack tactics used by a team thats better than most in the league there's nothing to stop even top teams using them. You just have to set them up correctly.
7) I would simplify matters a bit to start with then gradually tweak. Watch matches on comprehensive, read around and react accordingly.

Last edited:
I would have DLP rather than BWM
Wingers change to IF
Personal pref

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll put everything you said into and See what happens!

1.You are using fluid and attacking with a high defensive line. With this your team will be more compact and stay very close to eachother. So a shorter passing style would be better.
2.its not realy recommended to use counter attacking wile your defensive line is this high and your team are in attack most of the time, and you dont play with a particularly bad team and most teams in your leauge wont be attacking you with alot of players in attack, so counter them wont be so easy.
3. I would not use a dm as support either, hes more important in defense than up the pitch. Try switching your BWM to support and your DM to defend or use a ankor.
4. You should start out more simple, you dont need to use all the options like Creative freedom, Crossing and Roaming better leaving it to standard when not knowing what it does.
5. A target man needs alot of physical abilitys, Huntelaar wont do to good with this. Better using him as a poacher and set target man supply to "run into ball". this will make him dangerous on dead ball situations and when your wingers crossing the ball he will run into it.

Hope this helps good luck mate! :)

This is great advice plus ive noticed you have chosen to play a fluid style of football but at the same time instructed your players to stick to position these instructions contradict each other.