Help badly needed with championship team drowning in the premiership.

A2Dolan

Reaction score
So i managed to get Derby county Promoted with the help of some good loan signings and a fast pace 4-5-1 counter attack tactic that worked so well last season. However when my loans ended my star players were both returned to their clubs. The Derby board gave me 10 million to strengthen the squad. I did what i could with a few signings, transfer window is shut and now i am getting hammered by a lot of teams. like 5 - 1 kinda hammered. Anyone willing to help?

So i managed to get Derby county Promoted with the help of some good loan signings and a fast pace 4-5-1 counter attack tactic that worked so well last season. However when my loans ended my star players were both returned to their clubs. The Derby board gave me 10 million to strengthen the squad. I did what i could with a few signings, transfer window is shut and now i am getting hammered by a lot of teams. like 5 - 1 kinda hammered. Anyone willing to help?

Post up some screenshots then we can help if feel we could :)

Good luck, I was in the same boat with Derby (minus loan players) and got shredded to pieces. Still have no idea what happened. The only time I got sacked in FM to date :(

get some screenies up dude. You will get more than enough help on here

plus..was the 4-5-1 counter attacking formation used in the championship? or your first season in prem?

View attachment 321237View attachment 321236

Cheers for all the comments guys. Managed to turn things around a bit. has been an incredible struggle. Nagging the board for funds. managed to get them to increase my wage budget the adjusted my budget to sign more players. Managed to sign Imoh Ezekiel from Al-Arabi for 2.5m and Linguard for 3.5m who is now valued at 6 that suprised me.. Switched to a 4-1-4-1 formation. Also managed to Sign Darran Fletcher he does a great job in front of the defenders.
View attachment 321229View attachment 321228

So here is the 4-1-4-1 and 4-4-2 formations i tend to switch between depending on opponent. I think the 4-1-4-1 tactic works so well because it is strong in defence with play making potential on the attack. Also getting a lot of goals due to the pace of Ezeklel over the top passes from the full backs. I highly reccomend signing him to anyone for any team they can get him for. View attachment 321220

Try scouting him, i'm sure your scouts will tell you the same story mine did. So now i am kinda confident of not getting relegated this season can anyone recommend any signing for these postions. I beleive to be my weakest areas.

Left Back
Right Back
Goalkeeper
Center Back

(I Need a great defence if i am sticking with this counter attack strategy)

Also any comments or feedback on any of the screenshots would be appreciated.

Also George Thorne. Got him from my reserves at the start of this season. I use him in rotation with growing old Darren Fletcher. He might be worth checking out for some of you. Great passing. Solid Player with great potential, not sure he will ever reach the star potential suggested here but he has been pretty solid for my team.View attachment 321213View attachment 321212

Really? That is crazy. He is a very good signing. Ron Bone scouted him for me. He was an incredible trust worthy scout.
He just retired their. So i lost my chief scout.Just hired:View attachment 321210

I can recommend the following players but you will likely have to pay installment plans to afford them with your current club. This is the total price that I paid. I usually do 48 month installment plans.

ST
Luka Jovic 1m

Midfielders/DMC
Lucas Romero 7m
Gaston Gil Romero 3.1m
Marco Ascenso 2.2m
Humam Tariq 250k (might have work permit issues)

DC
Niklas Sule 6m

GK
Timo Horn 3.8m

Also keep an eye out for FREE signings. You can sometimes snag very good players whose contract is about to expire in around a year. Scout for players with a year or less contract time. Usually you only pay them a nominal fee to approach to sign that player.