help - Best role for Adryan in a 4-2-3-1(screenshots included)

kryptzlol

Reaction score
View attachment 299178View attachment 299179

I was training him and using him as a CM(DLP). Do you think that would be his best role in Central midfield(DLP) or should I switch his role to just plain CM? Performance wise he's doing ok - getting 7-8.5 rating each match but he isn't producing the amount of assists I predicted. I'm rotating Nick Powell + Crisetig/Goretzka in the Box to Box midfield Role and Adryan + Cleverley in the DLP Role. My concern is that Powell, which is being played as a Box to box midfielder is producing more assists and goals with inferior stats when compared to Adryan. As you can see Adryan is already close to becoming very good and he has only 2 star C.A out of his 5 star PA!

So just a summary of my question : with the kind of players I have what would be the most effective combo? 2x CM or 2 Central midfielders 1 with a DLP role and the other Box-to-Box?

I think he is best used as an advanced playmaker, so he can make the assists. If he sits too deep won' perform that well. He played really well in the AMC position as advanced playmaker in my Villarreal save

Last edited:
Advanced Playmaker(Support). Then he won't push too far forward, but will continue to have an effect going forward. Also, teach PPM 'Dictates Tempo', which is excellent for MC Playmakers. He isn't physically good enough to play as a Deep-Lying Playmaker. Tacking and marking are low, and his Strength is almost non-existant.

Set the Playmaker to Adryan/Cleverley. By playing in a DLPM role, they are sitting too far back compared to a Box-to-Box midfielder, and that is why the B2B is getting more assists. Although, you should be relying on the B2B mid for goals rather than the PM.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate your feedback. I'm going to switch Adryan/Cleverley's role to an advanced playmaker role(support) in central midfield.
Only reason I'm not playing him in a CAM role is because of Maher which is so good in that role and scores a lot of goals!