Help Buying new Laptop for FM13

joeere11

Reaction score
I currently have a 4 year old Toshiba Satellite laptop, and although it does the job I'm looking for an upgrade. Only problem is I'm skint. Now I've got an Argos card which I can use to buy now and pay throughout the next year. So I'm looking to spend in the region of £300-£500 and have pasted the link to the two lists of Laptops in this price range.

Buy £300 to £399.99 Laptops at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Office%2C+PCs+and+phones.

Buy £400 to £499.99 Laptops at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Office, PCs and phones.

If you could glance over these and tell me which you would pick and why I would appreciate it. I also use my laptop for watching a lot of movies so the bigger the screen the better.

Last edited:
Lenovo G570 15.6 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 2450M 2.5GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I can only speak from experience, since this is the laptop I bought about 5 months ago when my old one died halfway through my dissertation (didn't think 'broken laptop' would fly as an excuse for why I failed my degree) and its been excellent so far. Runs really well, screen is a decent size, good storage space (although I'd always recommend going for an external HD regardless).

The only gripe I'd have is the lack of dedicated graphics, but to my understanding FM isn't a game that needs the power of a graphics card, more the power of a processor to run whatever database you have loaded. Plus the G570 is deemed a 'budget laptop' so you can get it for about £400.

Anytime anybody has any inquiries about cheaper laptops, I've always recommended the Lenovo G570.

Edit: Contrary to whatever impression the above gives off, I don't actually work for Lenovo oO) Its just a good laptop!

I went on the sony website and customised my own so I would recommend doing that

TBH with you mate, any of those laptops would do the job. FM doesn't have massive system requirements

Buy HP G6 B960 15.6 Inch 2.2GHz 750GB Laptop - Purple at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Laptops, Gifts, Laptops.

Buy Toshiba C855 6GB 750GB 15.6 Inch Laptop at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Laptops, Other gifts, Laptops.

The two above are pretty good for the money.. But I literally only looked for a couple of minutes so there could be a better one :)

BTW, you won't find a huge amount of difference between a £350 laptop and a £500 laptop.. Unless you want a laptop with good graphics (hardly effects FM), a bigger screen, or a HDMI port. All extras that aren't really worth shelling out an extra £150.

Last edited:
I would buy the HP laptop. I find they're much more reliable than Dell's.
I was always having problems with my previous laptop, which was a Dell. I got my HP laptop in June and havn't had any issues so far.

I have the hp laptop if you want me to upload a screenie of performance for a set amount of leagues let me know