Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Help! Cant seem to score or create and defence is terrible

Reaction score
Im currently in first season with man united, playing a 4-2-3-1 narrow, i sold a load of players and bought a load to fit this formation etc, ive not played a lot of games this season, only 3! but ive lost 2 and scraped a win, which is terrible! What i want is my 3 amc's to roam and play one-twos and play a lot of through balls to the striker or overlapping full backs, doesnt seem to happen, i dont think my roles and tactics are good enough to be fair, can anyone make any suggestions?

Below is pictures of my tactics, roles, squad and my 3 recent games, also the game against stoke i scored via a penalty and the game against southampton, vidic got sent off in 48th min!

View attachment 422844View attachment 422843View attachment 422842View attachment 422841View attachment 422840View attachment 422839View attachment 422838

Reaction score
Reaction score
a) you have to decide either you want your team to be fluid or you want your players to focus on their roles;
b) why do you need so many creative players ? Do you see any real team playing with so many as you want ?;
c) Exactly with who are the FB's supposed to overlap ? They have no one to overlap with;
d) you don't have a midfield, surely not with those roles: the BWM priority is to win the ball, so he'll leave his position to do what is supposed to and that means opening more space to the opponent teams. And this leaves your DLP alone, so you are making life too easy for opponents.